Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Latest Mock has Chiefs taking Orakpo

Default New Mock is out, Curry is still possible IMO

NFL mock draft: Version V - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I really think that Curry will be available by the 3rd pick.

DET: Has Culpepper, but he is aging. He is also a vet. This would be the perfect opportunity to draft a QB and stick him behind Culpepper to develop.

STL: Bulger really needs more protection, atleast from what I see. They could use help on D, but I think they should be fine, I would expect them to draft a lineman.

KC: Curry! But wait a min. Some people speculate that he will be gone. If he is there do we take him? We need an OL to protect Cassel. At the same time, do you let a playmaker like crabtree get away? Cassel's sucess was based on players like Moss and Welker and the whole reciving core. Wait, they used the RB's to.

I still stick with Curry. The say defense wins its all, and I am begging to think its true. Plus the weak point of KC is the D.

Guess we will find out April 24th.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Default MY Predictions

Detroit won't take a quterback for their first pick and neither will the rams. Both these teams will take players to fit there greatest weakness which is defense. I think KC will either take Crabtree or linemen. I say roll the dice and take Crabtree.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueArrows View Post
    Detroit won't take a quterback for their first pick and neither will the rams. Both these teams will take players to fit there greatest weakness which is defense. I think KC will either take Crabtree or linemen. I say roll the dice and take Crabtree.
    I would put money on Stafford going first to the Lions and Jason Smith to the Rams. And I'd almost put money on us taking Curry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueArrows View Post
    Let's, you know i'm old and my memory is pretty bad, but wasn't that detroit that drafted WR FOR LIKE THREE YEARS IN A ROW. You don't draft WR when you have as many holes to fill as we do. Curry, OT, NT, DE, any of these would help, but a WR won't do much good if the offense can't get the ball back and when they do the QB is laying on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That is a different way of looking at upgrading the LOT and the ROT spots with a single pick.

But, to each, his own.

Yep. Because getting O-linemen in the fifth and sixth round has been working so well for us lately.

(Where is the "Sarcasm" sign smilie at?!?!?!?)
    Herb Taylor is a guy that has played well whenever he got the opportunity at left tackle. Barry Richardson is another tackle we drafted last year, so it really depends on whether or not the new staff believes that these guys can play right tackle effectively. If the new staff doesn't like Albert at left tackle, then they will take an offensive tackle in the first round. Mcintosh doesn't even need to remain on the roster in my opinion. If Waters remains on the roster, guard is a solid position with the addition of Goff. Center needs to be addressed because Niswanger isn't gonna get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesald View Post
    Herb Taylor is a guy that has played well whenever he got the opportunity at left tackle. Barry Richardson is another tackle we drafted last year, so it really depends on whether or not the new staff believes that these guys can play right tackle effectively. If the new staff doesn't like Albert at left tackle, then they will take an offensive tackle in the first round. Mcintosh doesn't even need to remain on the roster in my opinion. If Waters remains on the roster, guard is a solid position with the addition of Goff. Center needs to be addressed because Niswanger isn't gonna get the job done.
    maybe Goff at center, move Rudy over...
    SHUT IT

I've changed my mind yet again about how we should draft...

I now keep LJ and still assume Tony G is traded to Atlanta for the 55th pick.

1.) Eugene Monroe (LT - Albert moves to G)
    2.) Jarron Gilbert (DE)
    3.) Chris Baker (NT)
    4.) Brandon Williams (OLB - Pass rusher)
    5.) T.J. Lang (RT)
    6.) TE
    7.) ILB
    7.) DE

I was looking for some full mock draft predictions for the Chiefs, this is one I found.
    Round 1
    Eugene Monroe OT
    Round 3
    Cody Brown DE
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KTeWMfkyM8"]YouTube - DE Cody Brown Highlights Connecticut vs Buffalo 2009[/ame]

Round 4
    Austin Collie WR BYU
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dem5aN5ENf0"]YouTube - Austin Collie Tribute[/ame]

Round 5
    Terrance Knighton DT Temple
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o8rTZXsSu0"]YouTube - Terrance Knighton NFL Combine[/ame]

Round 6
    Zack Potter DE Nebraska
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1MNblTX6E"]YouTube - NFL Huskers - 2009 NFL Combine - 2[/ame]

Round 7
    Graham Gano K FSU
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZXtVjYxT-o"]YouTube - g.gano[/ame]

Domique Johnson CB Jackson State.

I like that draft, but I think the Chiefs need a OC in the fourth. Plus, there needs to be more linebackers. But this looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I like that draft, but I think the Chiefs need a OC in the fourth. Plus, there needs to be more linebackers. But this looks pretty good.
    I like Antoine Caldwell OC, Alabama in the forth rd. He can move those big NT.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I like Antoine Caldwell OC, Alabama in the forth rd. He can move those big NT.
    I'm also liking Caldwell (that's actually why I mentioned the fourth round). But he's moving up boards for unknown reasons and we may have to take him in the third if we want him or move back into the third somehow.