Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Latest Mock has Chiefs taking Orakpo

Default New Mock is out, Curry is still possible IMO

NFL mock draft: Version V - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I really think that Curry will be available by the 3rd pick.

DET: Has Culpepper, but he is aging. He is also a vet. This would be the perfect opportunity to draft a QB and stick him behind Culpepper to develop.

STL: Bulger really needs more protection, atleast from what I see. They could use help on D, but I think they should be fine, I would expect them to draft a lineman.

KC: Curry! But wait a min. Some people speculate that he will be gone. If he is there do we take him? We need an OL to protect Cassel. At the same time, do you let a playmaker like crabtree get away? Cassel's sucess was based on players like Moss and Welker and the whole reciving core. Wait, they used the RB's to.

I still stick with Curry. The say defense wins its all, and I am begging to think its true. Plus the weak point of KC is the D.

Guess we will find out April 24th.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

orakpo what for he dont fit what we want to do,plus come on guys give dorsey and tank a chance to grow, dont think we need to tie up more big money on a dlineman especially if currys there

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Where will Orakpo play.
    NFL Video Galleries
    I watched this video early this morning. Makes me feel even stronger that Curry should be our choice if we don't trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    Why? a second would be appealing if you ask me. But if the donks wouldn't give up the two First rounders, I would be happy with their #1 (12) their #2 and a 4th.
    Trade value. Even for the 12th (1,200) and 18th pick (900), we are still off by 100 to equal the third overall (2,200). But at that point, the Chiefs have to decide whether or not they see Sanchez as a threat to face him twice a season. If they think he'll be good, then don't trade. If they think he'll bust, then trade with them and grab as many picks as possible. Draft picks are not enough when it comes trading to divisional rivals. Why would you help a team grab a player to give them a better chance at beating your team?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Trade value. Even for the 12th (1,200) and 18th pick (900), we are still off by 100 to equal the third overall (2,200). But at that point, the Chiefs have to decide whether or not they see Sanchez as a threat to face him twice a season. If they think he'll be good, then don't trade. If they think he'll bust, then trade with them and grab as many picks as possible. Draft picks are not enough when it comes trading to divisional rivals. Why would you help a team grab a player to give them a better chance at beating your team?
    Because it would help us to imporve. They are gonna grab two first round players that are going to make them better. Why not let them take the unproven QB who won 16 games with a great team and fill some of the gaping holes we have on our team!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

It is said that this years QB talent in the draft is not great. It is also said that next year will be better. I for one am not all that in to college ball tho I do like to watch my home town boys (USC) every once in a while. So with that being said I for one have to go by what has been written. Also being a football fan forever I have seen players come that were to be Great and go because they sucked. San Diego and Leif comes to mind, So who cares if Denver picks Sanchez or not, I have seen him play and he's not the best to come out of the draft. All of my faith this year is in Pioli's hands. This is just one of the reasons he is here, he is very good at what he does. And from what I've heard from Haley, I like him. So I for One don't really give a flying Rats A$$ who get what, it's what we get that should be our main concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Because it would help us to imporve. They are gonna grab two first round players that are going to make them better. Why not let them take the unproven QB who won 16 games with a great team and fill some of the gaping holes we have on our team!!
    Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great for Denver to take a Sanchez. It's surprising how he rose through the draft because the other QBs went back to school. So if Denver thinks they need Sanchez, you take that deal as long as they give you both those first rounds (more on top of that would be nice). But it all depends on what Pioli wants to do. He may feel comfortable sitting at 3rd overall and grabbing Monroe. Albert is great, but Monroe is better, so with those two as our bookends, this line would be in place for the next ten years to protect Cassel. If Pioli wants to put a lot of money into Cassel, then he'll need him to not be injured. This draft will be interesting. It will say a lot of what Pioli thinks of this team. Just two weeks away.
    Last edited by theaxeeffect4311; 04-11-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great for Denver to take a Sanchez. It's surprising how he rose through the draft because the other QBs went back to school. So if Denver thinks they need Sanchez, you take that deal as long as they give you both those first rounds (more on top of that would be nice). But it all depends on what Pioli wants to do. He may feel comfortable sitting at 3rd overall and grabbing Monroe. Albert is great, but Monroe is better, so with those two as our bookends, this line would be in place for the next ten years to protect Cassel. If Pioli wants to put a lot of money into Cassel, then he'll need him to not be injured. This draft will be interesting. It will say a lot of what Pioli thinks of this team. Just two weeks away.
    The only problem I have with drafting Monroe is that we're essentially saying that we're using that pick on a LG or RT by moving Albert over. We have a lot of other pressing needs and we can get starting guards/RT's later. I would be more open to trading down if possible, getting Denver's firsts would be a miracle (lets hope Seattle expresses interest in a QB). But if we could pick up a defensive stud like maybe Jacskon or Brown, I would be more open to picking a guy like Oher at 18.

There are various ways to go with this draft. To me, Orakpo isn't even an option at 3. If we keep the third pick, it has to be Curry. He can contribute from day one, but the chiefs need to find a way to pick up an additional 2nd round pick. There are more holes to fill, which include nose tackle, right tackle, center, and defensive ends that can play in the 3-4. I would love to see the chiefs get a player like Ron Brace in the 2nd round, RB such as Shon Greene or Javon Ringer in the 3rd or 4th, then pick up the offensive lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    The only problem I have with drafting Monroe is that we're essentially saying that we're using that pick on a LG or RT by moving Albert over. We have a lot of other pressing needs and we can get starting guards/RT's later. I would be more open to trading down if possible, getting Denver's firsts would be a miracle (lets hope Seattle expresses interest in a QB). But if we could pick up a defensive stud like maybe Jacskon or Brown, I would be more open to picking a guy like Oher at 18.
    But you are forgetting that Monroe is better than Albert. Monroe is the reason why Albert played Guard. Albert (15th overall) is better than Oher (18th if we had the pick). It is basically the same spot in the draft, so it's the same value for either player as RT. So we would still get our value's worth. Jackson or Brown would not be bad choices, but it all depends if we can trade down. I think the best trade down for us would be with Seattle or Cleveland so they can grab Curry. Then we grab a second round and get Monroe (hopefully Seattle grabs either Sanchez or Crabtree). Grab a LB high in the second which means we can grab whatever LB falls out of the first or Sintim. Then in the third, grab either a OG or OC (Caldwell would be good to face the NTs in our division). That's my dream draft, but I know it's almost impossible for us to trade down in the draft. So Monroe or Curry, both are good to take at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    That is a different way of looking at upgrading the LOT and the ROT spots with a single pick.

But, to each, his own.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesald View Post
    There are various ways to go with this draft. To me, Orakpo isn't even an option at 3. If we keep the third pick, it has to be Curry. He can contribute from day one, but the chiefs need to find a way to pick up an additional 2nd round pick. There are more holes to fill, which include nose tackle, right tackle, center, and defensive ends that can play in the 3-4. I would love to see the chiefs get a player like Ron Brace in the 2nd round, RB such as Shon Greene or Javon Ringer in the 3rd or 4th, then pick up the offensive lineman.
    Yep. Because getting O-linemen in the fifth and sixth round has been working so well for us lately.

(Where is the "Sarcasm" sign smilie at?!?!?!?)