Thread: Chiefs officially announce Pendergast as DC.

Default Chiefs officially announce Pendergast as DC.

Well atleast the wait is over. Still would have liked to have Crennel but oh well.

Chiefs coach Haley hands defense over to Pendergast

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03...e_coordinator/

So this mean we will most likely run a hybrid system or what?
    Last edited by fairladyZ; 03-13-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Well atleast the wait is over. Still would have liked to have Crennel but oh well.

Chiefs coach Haley hands defense over to Pendergast

Kansas City Chiefs - Kansas City Chiefs Name Clancy Pendergast Defensive Coordinator

That is interesting because Pendy is a 4-3 guy. Really I dont care what D we run as long as it works lol I think we bring in Curry and put him in at DE and see what he can do ina 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I believe it'll be a hybrid scheme 34/43. I think 34 is the long term solution that Pioli is aiming for and I think Pendergrast gets that but for right now he'll keep it at 34/43 until we can get the personnel necessary to run an efficent 34 full time.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Looks as though the Cardinals Superbowl coaching coordinators are now with us. I can dig it , I just hope that Pendergast can do a better job with our Defense then he did with Arizonas.
    Well they did way better than we did. :\
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Sure his defense wasnt all that great during the season. But when it counted, look at the teams that he sent home. Atanta, Carolina and Philly. Not to shabby if you ask me.

I definitely would have preferred Crennel, but I think Pendergast will definitely be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I believe it'll be a hybrid scheme 34/43. I think 34 is the long term solution that Pioli is aiming for and I think Pendergrast gets that but for right now he'll keep it at 34/43 until we can get the personnel necessary to run an efficent 34 full time.
    I think this was a smart move. We don't really have all the personnel for a straight 3-4. Since Pendergrast runs both I think he's the man for the job when we're ready to completely switch to a 3-4.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad