Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Refusing To Report To Camp?

Sweets Guest

Default Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Refusing To Report To Camp?

Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is said to be dug in, entrenched, refusing to report to training camp until he has a new contract. The Chiefs believe Johnson already has a contract, which has one year remaining on it, scheduled to pay the running back over $1.9 million this season. Johnson is seeking somewhere in the vicinity of $28 million in guaranteed money, which is an easy enough number to trace. Three years ago, San Diego gave running back LaDainian Tomlinson a deal that included $21 million in bonuses. Since then, the salary cap has increased about 35 percent, which would make the guaranteed money in Tomlinson's deal worth about $28 million. At this time, Johnson is unwilling to take much less. ... Kansas City takes an opposite view. Johnson is scheduled to make more than $111,000 per game, wages he would lose if he has not reported. Plus, the Chiefs could opt to fine Johnson $14,000 each day he is not at training camp while also pursuing a pro-rated portion of his initial signing bonus that could amount to as much as $660,000. The potential lost wages could prove to be enough to bring back Johnson.
    Source: Adam Schefter, NFL.com

Default Nice post.

Very informative with the numbers. Thanks!

$1.9 million is a JOKE!!!!

Sweets Guest

Thanx m0e...I try!!!

I just wonder if LJ is looking at the numbers and really serious about sitting out, of course in his defense, and I say this from my point of view only since I'm not a Chiefs fan, was he really treated fairly in KC? He's always be put in a negative light by the KC media I think, even after his great showing last season the Chiefs never really looked at him as the RB in the limelight, the go to guy and he proved he should have gotten a better pay day, contract or no, pay the man for what he did over and beyond I mean he would have gotten his normal pay regardless if he didn't do well last season so show him the money....it's not his fault there are parts of the team that suck...

KC Chiefs management stop being cheap bastadges!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Thanx m0e...I try!!!

I just wonder if LJ is looking at the numbers and really serious about sitting out, of course in his defense, and I say this from my point of view only since I'm not a Chiefs fan, was he really treated fairly in KC? He's always be put in a negative light by the KC media I think, even after his great showing last season the Chiefs never really looked at him as the RB in the limelight, the go to guy and he proved he should have gotten a better pay day, contract or no, pay the man for what he did over and beyond I mean he would have gotten his normal pay regardless if he didn't do well last season so show him the money....it's not his fault there are parts of the team that suck...

Finally someone else has seen the light!!!!

KC management has NEVER been willing to go out and get a "top notch" free agent because of money and now it appears they are not willing to sign their own either because of the same reasons!!

As far as the top notch comment goes, I don't think Priest was considered top notch by most but damnit, he sure as hell worked out for us!!!
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 07-20-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Pay him or trade him, and I seriously don't care which at this point. If we pay him, it should not be 28 million. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Pay him or trade him, and I seriously don't care which at this point. If we pay him, it should not be 28 million. IMO
    yup...about the way i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Thanx m0e...I try!!!

It is hard to pay a guy, who won't accept anything. Has he made some offer, othere than "More than everybody else"? I haven't heard a report of him asking for anything less, or even, a short-term deal? The only thing that I have heard, from his side of this, is "Pay me so much, that you will never be able to afford anyone else." (Yes, slight exaggeration.)

While so many people have jumped onto L.J.s side, in this matter, most still say, "not that much". How about letting Larry know that? You voice your opinions that the organization is being unfair, well, there is more to it, than that.

The more I look at this the more I am beginning to think We should pack him to Dallas and Take Barber and their first round picks. Which they have two I think. They got a first round from Clevland for Quinn. That seems fair for a 29 million dollar back. Hell Barber and one first round would be good. I think we can run with Colby Smith and Bennett and the Guy from Europa league who was tearing it up. We will be fine. its obvious he doesnt want to be here for loyalty . He wants the cash in case he gets hurt ( which I understand ) but cmon show that you actually wanna be a Chief , Sounds like he wants to go to the highest bidder to me . Only bad part about first round picks is that Herm will get more linebackers and ends instead of some beefy Offensive lineman. OH well....GO Chiefs!!!

I like it. If Herm were granted ten first round picks, he still wouldn't take on offensive tackle.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast