Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : What The Jay Cutler Fiasco In Denver Means For The Chiefs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,134
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 27

    Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : What The Jay Cutler Fiasco In Denver Means For The Chiefs


    0 Not allowed!
    ChiefsCrowd.comBy: Kevin Andersen The Chiefs and Broncos rivalry has been going on strong since they were all aligned together back in 1960 when the AFL was started. That rivalry is about to get a lot better after the Jay Cutler trade fiasco thatis unfolding in Denver. It all started the day after the Chiefs announced they traded their 2nd round pick to the Patriots for a solid linebacker in Mike Vrabel, and their backup quarterback Matt Cassell. Cassell emerged as an up and coming star while filling in for the injured superstar Tom Brady in week...

    More...

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gardner
    Posts
    2,834
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Very Nice read Chiefster!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Points well taken Coach, but the one thing about the situation in Denver that I don't understand is, why is Josh McDaniels the one shopping Cutler around? Isn't that the job of the GM? Something just hasn't sounded exactly right ever since I first read about the situation. On the other hand, it took Shanahan quite a few years to get Cutler to settle down and quite trying to turn every play into the big one. It could be that Cutler will revert back and start forcing the ball into recievers which aren't open. We all know how fragile his ego has been in the past. He might regress into the old self distructing Qb he was early in his career.
    Nothing better than a little competion with the NAGS.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,402
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Points well taken Coach, but the one thing about the situation in Denver that I don't understand is, why is Josh McDaniels the one shopping Cutler around? Isn't that the job of the GM? Something just hasn't sounded exactly right ever since I first read about the situation. On the other hand, it took Shanahan quite a few years to get Cutler to settle down and quite trying to turn every play into the big one. It could be that Cutler will revert back and start forcing the ball into recievers which aren't open. We all know how fragile his ego has been in the past. He might regress into the old self distructing Qb he was early in his career.
    Nothing better than a little competion with the NAGS.
    I just want to point out that Coach did not write this, this is a editorial, that was written for the Crowd, By a member of the Crowd.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Very Nice read Chiefster!
    Thanks, but I didn't post it...honest.


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    ChiefsCrowd.comBy: Kevin Andersen The Chiefs and Broncos rivalry has been going on strong since they were all aligned together back in 1960 when the AFL was started. That rivalry is about to get a lot better after the Jay Cutler trade fiasco thatis unfolding in Denver. It all started the day after the Chiefs announced they traded their 2nd round pick to the Patriots for a solid linebacker in Mike Vrabel, and their backup quarterback Matt Cassell. Cassell emerged as an up and coming star while filling in for the injured superstar Tom Brady in week...

    More...
    Throw the stats out the window!


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I would not doubt seeing Cutler go to the Raiders! LOL! It could happen!

    Where else would he go? Tampa? Carolina? Chicago? Miami? Jets?

    Could be interesting!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think McDaniels and Bowen have a choice now. I think the situation has deteriorated to the point that the best move is the ship Cutler and ship him quickly. This has become a huge circus. Cutler is becoming way too much a distraction. That said McDaniels is a moron.

    McDaniels took over a team with a good offense and almost immediately pissed off his offensive star. The first thing he should have done is cemented his positions with team leadership. He should have gotten into Denver and had dinner or something with all the team leaders, show them his blueprint for the future and gotten them on board.

    Instead he started dismantling the offense, the bright spot of the team, started trying to get rid of successful players and remake the team into the Denver patriots. I don't think he currently has the management skills to be a head coach.

    Yes, Cutler is being a bit of a whiny crybaby. But guess what? McDaniels knew the guy was a bit of a drama queen when he took the job and he did nothing to prevent this. I think Chiefs fans should enjoy the next 2 years while he drags this team down. The only question is how long the owner will let this horror show continue for.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I would not doubt seeing Cutler go to the Raiders! LOL! It could happen!

    Where else would he go? Tampa? Carolina? Chicago? Miami? Jets?

    Could be interesting!
    No way would Cutler be coming to Miami. We already have Chad Pennington with Chad Henne backing him up. Even our 3rd string John Beck is decent, a former 2nd round pick. Also Parcells doesn't like whiny wimps.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Now that Jay Cutler has asked to be traded, the only two teams that I deem even possible for him to wind up in is either Chicago, or Minnesota. I highly doubt any trade will happen though, but then again this is the NFL, and crazier things have happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest on the Jay Cutler/Denver Fiasco
    By DT14PRIEST in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 03:23 AM
  2. ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Chiefs Roster before Free Agency
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 03:10 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 01:38 AM
  4. Chiefs' Positives Continue In Denver (WARPAINT ARTICLE)
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 01:41 AM
  5. Cutler isn't broken. Good for him, what about The Chiefs?
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 06:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •