Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : What The Jay Cutler Fiasco In Denver Means For The Chiefs

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : What The Jay Cutler Fiasco In Denver Means For The Chiefs

ChiefsCrowd.comBy: Kevin Andersen The Chiefs and Broncos rivalry has been going on strong since they were all aligned together back in 1960 when the AFL was started. That rivalry is about to get a lot better after the Jay Cutler trade fiasco thatis unfolding in Denver. It all started the day after the Chiefs announced they traded their 2nd round pick to the Patriots for a solid linebacker in Mike Vrabel, and their backup quarterback Matt Cassell. Cassell emerged as an up and coming star while filling in for the injured superstar Tom Brady in week...

More...

Very Nice read Chiefster!

Points well taken Coach, but the one thing about the situation in Denver that I don't understand is, why is Josh McDaniels the one shopping Cutler around? Isn't that the job of the GM? Something just hasn't sounded exactly right ever since I first read about the situation. On the other hand, it took Shanahan quite a few years to get Cutler to settle down and quite trying to turn every play into the big one. It could be that Cutler will revert back and start forcing the ball into recievers which aren't open. We all know how fragile his ego has been in the past. He might regress into the old self distructing Qb he was early in his career.
    Nothing better than a little competion with the NAGS.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Points well taken Coach, but the one thing about the situation in Denver that I don't understand is, why is Josh McDaniels the one shopping Cutler around? Isn't that the job of the GM? Something just hasn't sounded exactly right ever since I first read about the situation. On the other hand, it took Shanahan quite a few years to get Cutler to settle down and quite trying to turn every play into the big one. It could be that Cutler will revert back and start forcing the ball into recievers which aren't open. We all know how fragile his ego has been in the past. He might regress into the old self distructing Qb he was early in his career.
    Nothing better than a little competion with the NAGS.
    I just want to point out that Coach did not write this, this is a editorial, that was written for the Crowd, By a member of the Crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Very Nice read Chiefster!
    Thanks, but I didn't post it...honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    ChiefsCrowd.comBy: Kevin Andersen The Chiefs and Broncos rivalry has been going on strong since they were all aligned together back in 1960 when the AFL was started. That rivalry is about to get a lot better after the Jay Cutler trade fiasco thatis unfolding in Denver. It all started the day after the Chiefs announced they traded their 2nd round pick to the Patriots for a solid linebacker in Mike Vrabel, and their backup quarterback Matt Cassell. Cassell emerged as an up and coming star while filling in for the injured superstar Tom Brady in week...

More...
    Throw the stats out the window!

I would not doubt seeing Cutler go to the Raiders! LOL! It could happen!

Where else would he go? Tampa? Carolina? Chicago? Miami? Jets?

Could be interesting!

I don't think McDaniels and Bowen have a choice now. I think the situation has deteriorated to the point that the best move is the ship Cutler and ship him quickly. This has become a huge circus. Cutler is becoming way too much a distraction. That said McDaniels is a moron.

McDaniels took over a team with a good offense and almost immediately pissed off his offensive star. The first thing he should have done is cemented his positions with team leadership. He should have gotten into Denver and had dinner or something with all the team leaders, show them his blueprint for the future and gotten them on board.

Instead he started dismantling the offense, the bright spot of the team, started trying to get rid of successful players and remake the team into the Denver patriots. I don't think he currently has the management skills to be a head coach.

Yes, Cutler is being a bit of a whiny crybaby. But guess what? McDaniels knew the guy was a bit of a drama queen when he took the job and he did nothing to prevent this. I think Chiefs fans should enjoy the next 2 years while he drags this team down. The only question is how long the owner will let this horror show continue for.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I would not doubt seeing Cutler go to the Raiders! LOL! It could happen!

Where else would he go? Tampa? Carolina? Chicago? Miami? Jets?

Could be interesting!
    No way would Cutler be coming to Miami. We already have Chad Pennington with Chad Henne backing him up. Even our 3rd string John Beck is decent, a former 2nd round pick. Also Parcells doesn't like whiny wimps.

Now that Jay Cutler has asked to be traded, the only two teams that I deem even possible for him to wind up in is either Chicago, or Minnesota. I highly doubt any trade will happen though, but then again this is the NFL, and crazier things have happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast