Thread: are you happy with free agency mentality

Default are you happy with free agency mentality

i know alot of you have already posted your thoughts on the actual players we have signed.but what about the attitude they are taking towards free agency we have gotten a new qb,2 linebackers and a wr.about the only good thing herm did for us was instilling it in clarks head that you build a team from the draft.teams like the donkeys this year and the jets last year who go out and sign a whole roster full of old and aging players.i think get set back from doing this. so are we satisfied with what we have done so far i know free agency is not over yet.but i think we still need at least one offensive lineman throughout all of this. and the thought of vrabel,dorsey,hali,johnson,curry and PEPPERS.is appealing i think we need a quality rt

I think we've done fine. Maybe not as many players as people had hoped to see but FA is a long process. Its not the 'this guys free' lets sign him mentality. While some players are just looking for short to intermediate ranged and priced contracts, they all to a degree have a right to sign or not sign with the team of their choosing amongst offers. I think what Pioli said in an interview once summed it up best in this articles:

Pioli defends Chiefs' strategy to add personnel - Kansas City Star

“Just because we haven’t signed a player doesn’t mean … different negotiations are in different stages,” Pioli said. “It’s not always up to just us. It’s up to the player, too.”

Free Agency lasts up until July 22nd (the first day of training camp) so I'll withold my final judgement until then but for now I think Pioli and Co. have done well.

Note: Carolina put a non-exclusive franchise tag on Peppers quite a while ago. So unless the Chiefs want to trade the next two first round picks for him I don't see him coming to KC. Not that he'd want to I think he had a list of teams he was willing to talk to and KC wasn't one of the,

I think its hard to tell straight off. Its one of those hindsight is 20/20 type deals, where you cant really tell until next year what we 'should' have done. Sure I would have made a few more moves, but im not in an NFL front office. I think we did good not overpaying on the 'blockbuster' FA's this year, becuase for the most part players have been bringing money that could better be spent elsewhere, at least as far as our team is concerned. My only 'regret' is that we didnt go after Coles, but now Holt is out there, I just think we need a veteran second reciever, but if we dont get one, i wont worry too much about it~

My only concern is that we havent done anything for the OL. I think we are a RT and EITHER a RG or C from being really good (assuming Waters stays and plays to his potential). I would have loved to see us pick up a young guard or center (jason brown) but most of them went early and were expensive, so Im not too disappoionted.

Myself I think we did pretty well last year in the draft, who gets credit for that? Who really cares, as I've said in the past I think Pioli has a plan in place and the FA's so far will bring in leadership that we needed badly and with a little Pioli magic meaning another good draft pick this year I see us having a MUCH Better season than we had last year. It may be a slow start but I believe we could very well end up with the AFC West and more.