Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Cutler article.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Man, I hear a lot of your posts baggin' on Cassel for absolutely no other reason than he onlt went 11-5. "Maybe" he ends up the next Grbac is the best you can come up with? I know you are scared to have a little fairth in anything Chiefs but can you at least attempt to give me some sort of a reasonable argument as to why Cassel is a bad guy to have on the team?

If the shoe was on the other foot here(if we were in the same position as the Donx), there is no way you would be saying this deal is genius. How can you have so much respect and admiration for one of our biggest rivals (who fluked into yesterdays deal) yet when we get an 11-5 starter and a proven SB winner (Vrabel) you can not give any credit for a smart move?
    Dude, I never argue with you. However, if our defense allowed the same PPG as New England's did last year; we would have had a 10-5 starter in Thigpen.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Pioli and McD both worked with Cassell. They have seen things in him that no one else has. They Both wanted him, we got him. There is a reason for his being here, Pioli is a very talented person, McD is not. The Donkies just lost there Pro Bowl QB, this will be a make it or break it year for the Raiders QB and Rivers wants a long term deal which as far as I know, the Bolts have not given him one yet, IMO we have more young talent than any of the AFC west teams. This is all working out very nicely as far as I am concerned. Some of us are bad mouthing Cassell and we haven't even seen him here yet. Just wait. This is a whole new team from the very top (Hunt) on down. These are all changes for the better, and every game this year will get better. Honestly, you have nothing to gripe about quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Think of this.

In Denver, they have a few "decent recievers". In Chicago...they have none really.
    They will get recievers and the ones they have will get better. I look forward to the Bears kicking the Broncs *** this year!!! McDaniels is an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    They will get recievers and the ones they have will get better. I look forward to the Bears kicking the Broncs *** this year!!! McDaniels is an idiot!
    I hope the bears do not kick the donks this year, because that will mean in the SB, the donks and bears do not play in reg season until 2011, according to my info, if I am wrong please let me know, and if I am, I agree!

cutler will get eaten alive in chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Dude, I never argue with you. However, if our defense allowed the same PPG as New England's did last year; we would have had a 10-5 starter in Thigpen.
    ...and if my mom had balls she would have been my dad.

What does any of that have to do with Cassels ability as a QB?

I don't ever remember saying Thigpen was a bad QB!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    ...and if my mom had balls she would have been my dad.

What does any of that have to do with Cassels ability as a QB?

I don't ever remember saying Thigpen was a bad QB!!
    Did I miss something?

I'm gonna miss calling Cutler a whiny hee-haw... :(

Man, I hear a lot of your posts baggin' on Cassel for absolutely no other reason than he onlt went 11-5. "Maybe" he ends up the next Grbac is the best you can come up with? I know you are scared to have a little fairth in anything Chiefs but can you at least attempt to give me some sort of a reasonable argument as to why Cassel is a bad guy to have on the team?

If the shoe was on the other foot here(if we were in the same position as the Donx), there is no way you would be saying this deal is genius. How can you have so much respect and admiration for one of our biggest rivals (who fluked into yesterdays deal) yet when we get an 11-5 starter and a proven SB winner (Vrabel) you can not give any credit for a smart move?
    You say you have seen alot of it, so you show me one time where I have said a bad word about Cassel.

Suggesting that there is a chance that he may be a flop is not negative. It is something that could be said about any player in the league changing teams.

I don't say that I think he will be a flop. Just that he hasn't exactly proven himself as the saviour that he seems to be getting annointed as already.

The fact is that I express concerns, against those who seem to believe that this is already the deal of the century.

I don't attempt to say that he didn't go 11-5. But I also feel no need to point that out in discussions, as that viewpoint gets spread around without me.

I generally just present the rest of the story.

A QB going 11-5 is very good.

But a QB taking a team from 3-13 to 11-5 is hugely more impressive than a QB taking a team from 16-0 to 11-5.

So, while 11-5 is very good. I find it decidedly less impressive that he did that with a 16-0 team.

Perhaps it has gone overlooked, but I have stated a couple of times that I think Cassel is actually the better QB over Thigpen. And I point out alot of neglected aspects of Thigpen.

I don't dislike Cassel at all.

But I am far less impressed with what he did last season than most others here.

And I think that we diminished our ability to cover more needed positions on this team, by aquiring an extra QB.

Since Cassel arrived here, I have only heard one member say anything negative about him. ANd I openly disagreed with the notion that he is a bad QB.

I am not yet impressed, nor am I unimpressed by Cassel, All I care about is how he plays as a Chief! To me it is still Thigs job to lose, he earned that! So while Cassel may very well be the starting QB at the start of the season, I hope it is a fair and open competition between Thig, Croyle, Ingle and Cassel. May the best win, and the next be ready to play when needed.
    And yes I put them in that order on purpose, the first three are Chiefs, Cassel a new Chief.
    That is all that matters!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 04-03-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast