Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

Default Anyone else not that impressed?

I'll say it. I'm not scared.

I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Wanna know the big difference in what you said vs actually making a point?

If you were to say that we need a pass rushing defensive end cause we had the worst sack total in league history then that is a fact and pointing out a need that the Chiefs have.

Saying that we are one of four crappy teams is not a fact. It is not constructive, it is someone bashing on the Chiefs for no apparent reason other than to say the Chiefs suck.

I have never gotten on anyones case about comments that are true or constructive, but I have always had something to say about people who mindlessly bash the Chiefs. And here you are again, fighting for your right to bash your favorite team!!
    Far from bashing but that is your opinion. Now, can you please quit following me around?

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Far from bashing but that is your opinion. Now, can you please quit following me around?
    Sure thing old man, I am following you around!! I have post almost 9000 times on this site and you have posted 200. who is following who?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Completely disagree...these are good signings, and special teams is a big aspect of a football game...Engram will teach Bowe etc how to be a vet...even Franklin may learn the most from him.

Copper, has talent, and puts another body on the roster.

Cassel, as Engram stated, has all the ability in the world at QB....And if he busts....its a 14 mil dollar move that really...helps us most with the cap space we dont want to spend on trash FA's

I dont believe in signing known FA's just due to the name...these guys will be a 1-2 year fix, simple...this team has holes, DEPTH holes...

this came from poor drafting, if they continue to draft poorly, they wont get starters....they will do what Vermeil did...not even draft depth, or Edwards, only draft depth.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I just don't get why people think like you do. Who do you think we could have gotten in the 2nd round that would equal the value we got from the trade? We got our captains for both sides of the ball. Both are proven winners. We had a 50% chance of busting on our 2nd round pick.

I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but sometimes I think our whole fanbase was brainwashed by Herm/CP into thinking that draft picks are more valuable than good players. Teams like the Pats have never been shy about trading picks for players when they get good value for the pick. And that's what we did.

How do we ever expect to win games relying on a bunch of rookies that get traded, who leave as soon as FA hits, or who demand to be massively overpaid to stay? Because that was the pre-Pioli state of things.
    The trade was a great trade. You're right. There isn't A player that is going to be available at #34 that will present as much VALUE as Cassel/Vrabel did. The pure VALUE the Chiefs received with that pick is EXACTLY what the draft is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Well I won't argue too much with a fellow Chiefs fan that loves beer even more than myself. But I thought we already had a qb and had needs elsewhere that could've been adressed with that 34th pick...
    But like I said, I hope I'm wrong and Pioli is right. After all, he gets paid to know this stuff.
    To continue with what I was saying, the draft is about VALUE. NOT NEED. Once you start cornering yourself with need, you end up destroying your entire draft. The Chiefs don't necessarily have a NEED at LT, but the value they would get by drafting a LT #3 COULD be better than the value they'd receive by taking a non-rushing LB.

(For the record, I'm officially OFF the Curry bandwagon. I was torn between him and a LT, but I've decided that taking a non-rushing LB #3 overall is insane. If he were a Derrick Thomas or Shawn Merriman, that would be one thing, but he's not. He's a REALLY good Lance Briggs or Bart Scott. Just not worth the #3 overall.)

This might be a difficult concept to grasp. In fact, even most of the talking heads can't comprehend the idea, but you can't go into the draft identifying players to fill holes. That would be cheating your team.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    (For the record, I'm officially OFF the Curry bandwagon. I was torn between him and a LT, but I've decided that taking a non-rushing LB #3 overall is insane. If he were a Derrick Thomas or Shawn Merriman, that would be one thing, but he's not. He's a REALLY good Lance Briggs or Bart Scott. Just not worth the #3 overall.)
    I agree. It wouldn't break my heart or anything if we did get Curry, but he isn't the best value with the 3rd pick. Too much money for the LB spot.

I'm not normally a guy who thinks we can trade down, but we might be able to if Curry is on the board at 3. If we can trade the pick to 5 (Browns), 9 (Packers), or 14 (Saints) and pick up a 2nd, that would be pretty perfect. I think all three of those teams would love to have Curry, especially given the Browns and Packers move to the 3-4 this year.

With the lower pick, we could either take Maualuga at ILB, Raji at DT, or the best OL on the board, plus we would get the extra pick or two.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    So, other than Cassel and Engram, you think it's great all we've been picking up is special team players?
    I think when you can sign impact players for pennies on the dollar and have them greatly improve one of the three phases of the game it makes sense. Lets not rule out the importance of Special Teams in a football game.

The Chiefs ranked 31st overall in Special Teams compared to the rest of the league (I think I said this before but I'm long winded). If you look at it like that then the Chiefs gave every opponent they faced better field position and put themselves in a whole with worse field position on every possession. This in turn affects the productivity of both the Defense and the Offense by either having to defend the short field to the endzone or go the distance to score.

The Chiefs have been getting impact players for cost efficient contrarcts to shore up a glaring weakness (Special Teams) which affects all aspects of the game while also adding depth to the roster and competition amongst players for starting roles. These names may not be headliners but they are vital roles to fix what was once a strength that has now become a weakness.

I think most of this dissaproval for some fans stems from 2 sources:

1) Cassel Trade (means Thigpen's on the out)
    2) No "Super Star" accquisitions (no Ray Lewis)

I'll debate that later so you all don't got swamped in a wall of text

I can tell some of you are worried about Curry at Number 3. I'm not going to try and change your mind, but atleast factor in Curry as a leader. They have talked numerous time about his maturity and as him being a real leader on the field-someone who makes other accountable. This defense needs that, I realize we have Vrabel but he isnt young.

Ideally we could trade down though and still get one of these guys we are talking about and an additional pick.

I agree with DT14Priest. I think these signings will benefit more than everyone thinks. When we had Beisel before, we were pretty good on Special Teams, and I'm not saying he was the only reason but he did help. I'm glad we got Engram. He will help, no matter what the age is. He will be a teacher to DBowe if nothing else. People don't realize that we don't need 2 impact players on our defense like Ray Lewis and Haynesworth. Get over the fact that we didn't get em. Enjoy the team we got bro

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    So basically your saying that I have no right to do what I did? I would beg to differ. I called him on it, he answered the call and we delt with it between ourselves but you had to stick your tongue on the metal pipe. Please don't thnk of me as a fool when you basically made a fool of your own self for looking for a ***** to gripe about. What I said had nothing to do with you, so put that in your pipe buddy. No hard feelings though , I would still give ya a beer ;)
    No you don't have the right to questons people fandom because you don't agree with them. He was not bashing the team and you jumped down his throat for no reason saying he is not a fan. I don't want to get into it again about this same old sh!t. You wanna call people out then go ahead but we will see who is leading the charge of the "Real Fans" when we get to Arrowhead!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast