Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

Default Anyone else not that impressed?

I'll say it. I'm not scared.

I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Wuss!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I don't know if you noticed that my statement was directed at prough91 and not yourself, however I am left to wonder if you are his defense or lawyer, councilor or whatever you wish to call it? I would like him to answer directly but your statement was noted duely. Thanks for caring yourself, however the fact that someone visits a site and posts quite as often as he does , doesn't make him a true blue fan of the KC Chiefs. IMO a true KC Chief fan or any teams fan for that matter only cheers for that 1 team, they don't say that they are partial to other teams nor do they take a negative stand against what the team is doing but more so goes into each new season believing that the team will do the best it can and reach the Superbowl, even if they know it won't happen. I realize that may seem unrealistic but fact is I have cheered for no other team in the NFL unless it benfited them winning and putting the Chiefs into the playoffs or something to that nature.I still stand by my statement and would like to hear his feelings on the matter as everytime I come here latel,y it seems as though he is constantly doubting the new management and not believing in anything the Chiefs are doing. For this reason I call prough91 out and nobody else. I am glad to see that we have people that stick up for others and I would also like to state that I in no way hold any resentment towards you for doing what you did chief31,
    Have a great day today and a better one tommorow my friend
    Look at it this way...

If you call someone fat, in a room full of fat people, others may feel a bit offended.

Since you challenged Prough's loyalty, based on his negative outlook, others with a negative outlook may feel challenged as well.

Challenging anyone's fandom is not a good idea. It never turns out well around here.

Because you insenuate that you are the "true blue" fan, and those who agree with your target are "fake".

Let me explain something to you.

You are not the high authority on what it means to be a fan.

You are in no position to "call out" another's fandom. You are not a better fan than anyone else.

You got me to respond to you, because you insulted me. Rather you meant to, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhindrix444777 View Post
    the reason i got thrown under the bus here 2 years ago or so is because I bashed herm from the beginning as soon as he said that crap that we are gonna do things different here in KC...no more offensive juggernauts...run run pass punt.....defense defense defense. I already knew what would happen over time, but since I was on it too early and said herm had to go before he even came and rode on him every day I was thrown under the bus. But it is all good. Now prough deserves to be thrown under the bus because of his idiotic comments that we are not taking the right steps thus far. it isnt like we can just draft and trade to get a superbowl team this year?!!?!?! I mean, COME ON!!! Look at where we are coming from. We finally got rid of the old administration....but things cannot completely turn around before our new leader even has HIS FIRST GAME!!!!!Prough, you desever to be thrown under the bus FAR MROE than I did when I wanted Herm out even before his first game.
    That is a bold-faced lie.

Even Hermhater himself was not expressing disdane for Herm here before I. And I hated it the day I was informed of the trade that brought Herm here.

But, by some act of special treatment, you got ousted, while I didn't.

Oh, wait. I think your first banning came from me.

But how did I become a Mod with such an anti-Herm attitude?

You were banned because you are rude, selfish and inconsiderate. Not to mention you deliberately defied the rules of the site.

If memeory serves, it was you who graced us with a link to the 2girls video.

Quite the class act.

Now, unless you want me to post all kinds of your personal info all across the internet...

Get lost!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I just don't get why people think like you do. Who do you think we could have gotten in the 2nd round that would equal the value we got from the trade? We got our captains for both sides of the ball. Both are proven winners. We had a 50% chance of busting on our 2nd round pick.

I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but sometimes I think our whole fanbase was brainwashed by Herm/CP into thinking that draft picks are more valuable than good players. Teams like the Pats have never been shy about trading picks for players when they get good value for the pick. And that's what we did.

How do we ever expect to win games relying on a bunch of rookies that get traded, who leave as soon as FA hits, or who demand to be massively overpaid to stay? Because that was the pre-Pioli state of things.
    Because you don't build a team full of QBs.

I'll go further in a sec...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The trade was a great trade. You're right. There isn't A player that is going to be available at #34 that will present as much VALUE as Cassel/Vrabel did. The pure VALUE the Chiefs received with that pick is EXACTLY what the draft is about.

To continue with what I was saying, the draft is about VALUE. NOT NEED. Once you start cornering yourself with need, you end up destroying your entire draft. The Chiefs don't necessarily have a NEED at LT, but the value they would get by drafting a LT #3 COULD be better than the value they'd receive by taking a non-rushing LB.

(For the record, I'm officially OFF the Curry bandwagon. I was torn between him and a LT, but I've decided that taking a non-rushing LB #3 overall is insane. If he were a Derrick Thomas or Shawn Merriman, that would be one thing, but he's not. He's a REALLY good Lance Briggs or Bart Scott. Just not worth the #3 overall.)

This might be a difficult concept to grasp. In fact, even most of the talking heads can't comprehend the idea, but you can't go into the draft identifying players to fill holes. That would be cheating your team.
    Drafting for league value is ridiculous. You are drafting for value to your team.

You don't use the 34th, overall, pick for a back-up QB.

Now, what we have done, unless we trade one of the two, is to diminish the league value of either Thig, or Cassel.

Both were young upcoming starting QBs. A very high-demand product around the leage.

Now, we have one starter, and a back-up.

Whichever (Thig) is plunged into the backup role loses a ton of league value.

But, back to the team value concept...

With the 34th pick we could have gotten a key piece to building a strong football team that we don't already have.

Vrabel is a stop-gap. And Cassel is redundant.

That is poor value to this team.

If it were a team that didn't already have a hot young QB prospect, then the value is better for that team.

But it is poor value to this team.

I despise the notion of drafting the BPA, because we aren't building some other team. We are building this one.

That's why we do not draft Darren Mcfadden, if he is made available in this years draft.

We need O-line and D-line, very badly. Anything else is really hard to judge, due to the lack of line play on both sides of the ball.

By using the 34th pick on a position that was already filled, we have hampered our ability to fill the most glaring needs of THIS team.

NOW...

I know all of that sounds strongly anti-Cassel. But I am not.

I need to bold this, to ensure that it is seen prior to responses...

I believe that Cassel is a btter QB than Thigpen.

I'll even go so far as to say that I think Thigpen is kind of a bad QB. But he played well last season.

ANd because of that opinion, I am not strongly against the trade.

But I definitely feel like Thigpen was more than good enough, and had earned a real opportunity to prove himself here.

And that forcing him into a backup role is a lack of league value, as well as team value.

Especially when sacrificing such a valuable tool for building a team.

With my opinion of Cassel/Thigpen and my feelings about the teams needs/value, I am left with a lukewarm dislike for the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Funny thing, last night I was thinking about Bono and Grbac and even Montana...It was like we were trying to be the 49'ers...Which is dejavu now because we are trying to be more like the Patriots because we are siging their players and incorporating their system.

In my opinion, we are not creating our own identity...We are simply mirroring someone else's while plucking Pats players, coaches etc. to do it.

Just imagine Vrabel catching a TD pass from Cassell...That play was put on the map more so by the Pats, now they will simply be uniformed in different colors! LOL!

I REALLY hope that some of the Chiefs that were on the "pre-Pioli" roster will shine this year instead of all the ex-Pats players and affliates getting the spotlight.
    I still don't see the logic in the the argument revolving around the 'Kansas City Patriots' dilemma that some people are all of a sudden worried about. As far as I know, Scott Pioli was the VP of Player Personnel, meaning he was not directly involved in the play calling in New England, merely he was an integral part in finding and retaining good football players for the team.

That's it.

Now that the year is up and his tenure in New England is over and he was appointed the GM of the Kansas City Chiefs its hard to find fault in him signing players he is familiar with from a previous team; ones he's scouted and approved of before coming here.

It makes practical sense.

It shouldn't who gets the limelight in KC. The spot light is for Madonna's, TO's, and Jay Cutlers, the players we don't need. What I want is for the 'pre Pioli' and the 'Pioli' guys to shine as a team and win, no matter what it looks like. Trying to emulate success isn't a bad thing. I don't see why we'd try something out of left field and hope it works, or develop some ill contrived 'system identity' (Marty Ball etc.)

There are only 2 identites in sports: Winners and Losers, and as of last season we were losers. I'm more then ready to be a winner again, even if it does mean copying some of what another team has done. Like every analyst says about the NFL, this is a copy cat league, a win now league.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 03-18-2009 at 10:14 PM.

No you don't have the right to questons people fandom because you don't agree with them....

You should practice what you preach....9,000 posts or not.

Pot meet Kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    You should practice what you preach....9,000 posts or not.

Pot meet Kettle.
    A public apology is not enough for you now? grow up

Why so much hate? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

IMO this is just a bad thread.It brings out the negativity in all of us and not all of us are interested in the negative issues even if it is an important thing to deal with. The fact is that it is starting fights between people and it is causing people to lash out at each other over what? The fact that one person isn't happy because Pioli isn't spending all of our cap money on 1 or 2 people but instead he is getting us people that aren't big names but can help turn our team around. Yes, Prough can feel the way he does he has that right, I may have been over the line a little when I questioned his fandom but the truth is wether some of you like it or not, I feel I have the right to question anyones fandom because I have never questioned my own. The first gift I got as a new born child was a KC Chiefs banner from the Super Bowl 1 game between GB and KC, I have red and gold blood and I will always be in my mind the universes biggest KC Chief fan. I know this post will spawn a bunch of haters ready to rip my guts out because they feel that they are bigger fans then I am, I am glad you feel that way as if you didn't, I would question your fandom as well. Take it for what it's worth, a grain of salt and just live with the fact that people will question your very being if you don't exume the qualities they seem fit to be what youcall yourself.
    pCe out.
    I really don't think this site was brought to us to decide who the biggest Chiefs fan is. (Please correct me mods if i'm incorrect.) We are all Chiefs fans or we wouldn't take the time to post here. Differing opinions on what will get us to the SB is what makes this site great. Attacking members 'fandom' or rating your 'fandom' on a scale vs other members is simply childish. If you are indeed the universes' biggest Chiefs fan, you wouldn't have to remind us. We would already know.
    SHUT IT

A public apology is not enough for you now? grow up

Why so much hate? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums
    You telling me to grow up! LMAO! Too funny from a man with a painted face! You do have a good sense of humor..I think?

The only way anyone can know wether or not I am or I am not is if I tell you. If I don't tell you then you feel you are. LMAO who frackin cares man, the point is this thread sucks and has been starting skirmishes since it was posted IMO. Like I said before, if you feel the need to tell me or anyone else that I am wrong thats a good thing and thanks for calling me childish since I plan on never growing up. Oh, wait you was insulting me as you feel you have already grown up (sorry to hear that. Loosin up, learn to have some fun and quit trying to be right all the time for Gods sake, it never hurts to be wrong , even if you don't mean to be LOL.
    I was happy to see prough post this thread as I agree with him as far as trading away our 34th pick. As I've said before if everybody had the same opinions this would be a pretty boring place to be. I am also underimpressed with the hiring of Pendergast as our DC.
    But what do I know? I'm just a fan - albeit not as high in caliber as yourself.
    That being said, I hope I am wrong and Cassel takes us to the promise land and hopefully a change of venue for Pendergast will help him lead our defense back to respectability...
    SHUT IT

I'm excited that new players are being signed. There is a new system being put in place on both sides of the ball, you can't stick with the same players. The only thing Herm did in a hurry was drive Trent out of town. We have two coordinators from the Superbowl Cardinals. These two have more success then Herm has ever had.
    Lets be excited and patient. Herm drove out a great player, Haley is at least trying to bring in some new talent. Were still smarting from losing a great QB like Trent.

Is anybody mad about Trent leaving?

I was because of the way, he was treated.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 03-20-2009 at 03:21 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast