Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Anyone else not that impressed?


    0 Not allowed!
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    I personally want to wait until free agency/the draft is over. There is so much specualtion about Pioli/Haley doing the right or wrong things, then people complain that there is no news coming out of Arrowhead.

    If there is no news then how can you expect to be happy or unhappy with any of the decisions made. I personally am happy with the Cassel aquisition because we may actually have a QB that will be around (and good) for a while.

    As far as the Kool Aid thing, I have decided to step out of it. Far too many people here get bent out of shape because they can't complain about things. You wanna bash your favorite team? Go ahead (no you prough, but some people) I think it is funny to watch some get all up in my face because I choose to not bad mouth my favorite team. I guess if people want to continue with the sad sack bullsh!t then let them go ahead. I watch football because it makes me happy. The day football stops making me happy or the day I start hating on the Chiefs is the day I will stop watching.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I personally want to wait until free agency/the draft is over. There is so much specualtion about Pioli/Haley doing the right or wrong things, then people complain that there is no news coming out of Arrowhead.

    If there is no news then how can you expect to be happy or unhappy with any of the decisions made. I personally am happy with the Cassel aquisition because we may actually have a QB that will be around (and good) for a while.

    As far as the Kool Aid thing, I have decided to step out of it. Far too many people here get bent out of shape because they can't complain about things. You wanna bash your favorite team? Go ahead (no you prough, but some people) I think it is funny to watch some get all up in my face because I choose to not bad mouth my favorite team. I guess if people want to continue with the sad sack bullsh!t then let them go ahead. I watch football because it makes me happy. The day football stops making me happy or the day I start hating on the Chiefs is the day I will stop watching.
    I'll never hate the Chiefs. I feel some people are a little too enamored with Pioli and Haley. I think Haley was a hell of a sign for a coach, but over 80 of the top 100 fa's have been signed and who do we have?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  4. #4
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll never hate the Chiefs. I feel some people are a little too enamored with Pioli and Haley. I think Haley was a hell of a sign for a coach, but over 80 of the top 100 fa's have been signed and who do we have?
    I agree with you there, but Clark Hunt said we wont be signing any big name free agents anyways. I am glad we did not go after a Haynesworth type of guy though. I would still like to see some O line/D line signings. They don't have to be multi million dollar players but some guys who can start and contribute would be nice!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree with you there, but Clark Hunt said we wont be signing any big name free agents anyways. I am glad we did not go after a Haynesworth type of guy though. I would still like to see some O line/D line signings. They don't have to be multi million dollar players but some guys who can start and contribute would be nice!
    That's what I'm hopin' for. It seems to me the vast majority of the Patriots were not so much superstars as just good football players. I'm not giving up hope; I'm just hopin' we're not getting screwed by not signing some of the players that were out there that are signed now.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    That's what I'm hopin' for. It seems to me the vast majority of the Patriots were not so much superstars as just good football players. I'm not giving up hope; I'm just hopin' we're not getting screwed by not signing some of the players that were out there that are signed now.
    I guess we will just have to wait until Sept!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I personally want to wait until free agency/the draft is over. There is so much specualtion about Pioli/Haley doing the right or wrong things, then people complain that there is no news coming out of Arrowhead.

    If there is no news then how can you expect to be happy or unhappy with any of the decisions made. I personally am happy with the Cassel aquisition because we may actually have a QB that will be around (and good) for a while.

    As far as the Kool Aid thing, I have decided to step out of it. Far too many people here get bent out of shape because they can't complain about things. You wanna bash your favorite team? Go ahead (no you prough, but some people) I think it is funny to watch some get all up in my face because I choose to not bad mouth my favorite team. I guess if people want to continue with the sad sack bullsh!t then let them go ahead. I watch football because it makes me happy. The day football stops making me happy or the day I start hating on the Chiefs is the day I will stop watching.
    Well said, and I have done my share of griping and complaining about our beloved chiefs, former coaches and former GM. However, this is why I began authoring the "Dark Cloud" and "Silver Lining" threads after each game last year to try and keep the optimists from the pessimists, in an attempt to keep this place from imploding.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 03-16-2009 at 06:59 PM.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    548
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I like the signings so far. Not as many as I'd have hoped to see this early but some good ones nonetheless. Special Teams is a key factor of the game, and the Chiefs stunk at it last year ranking 31st overall amongst the NFL. What this means that the Cheifs, on avg, had worse starting field position and gave up good starting field position to every opponent. The signings of Mays and Travis Daniels aren't going to make any headlines, but shoring up a glaring area of weakness can make a tremendous per-dollar impact on the bottom line.

    I think people get to caught up thinking of Free Agency as just being a cattle call. They see big names on the Free Agency market and totally disregard the fact that the player still has a right to choose who he goes to. When we see guys like Canty and Olshansky, Bosley and Scott, etc get taken by other teams we have to look at both sides of the argument.

    Yea we didn't get them but that doesn't mean we weren't in the running to sign them before they signed with another team. We may have offered them more then what other teams were asking but I doubt it was anywhere near outrageous or enough to make them seriously consider choosing KC over a NY Giants. AS much as we the fans love the Chiefs it doesnt apply to players. They are in a win now league and they took the most money and went to the team that could gaurentee them the best shot of winning a title this year (or in some cases loyalty to a coach).

    There are still a lot of guy avalible on the FA market, there is the draft coming up, and then undrafted rookies/FA signings after that. Free Agency is a long process and while me might not get the marquee names that everyone covets we will get guys that can work with our new system. Next month, the Chiefs will get an infusion of talent from the draft. Plus, remaining free agents will have to start lowering their expectations and Pioli should be able to find some cost-efficient solutions for other roster spots. While other teams might be throwing big contracts at the likes of Albert Haynesworth and even elders like Orlando Pace, the Chiefs are staying conservative. For a rebuilding team, the strategy is sound.

    I know some people aren't high on Cassel and were high on Thigpen and thats understandable. But on the flipside some weren't high on Thigpen and were high on Cassel so its a case of two varying view points. At the end of the day we have both, we got at least 1 (I think 2) immediate starters, leaders, and proven winners with one draft pick. A good deal IMO. I think the notion that Pioli and Co. just finding these rough diamond late round draft gem QB's is a myth. They were fundamentally sound QBs that didn't recieve much playing time in College but showed enough when they did to warrant consideration to be tutored as a back up in the NFL (Brady behind Bledsoe, Cassel behind Brady) and thats what I believe shaped them for success. I don't think drafting a Rhett Bomar and having him back up and tutored by a Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle breeds the type of success you see in New England with late round QBs even if people think he was a gem.

    Anyways, patience is a virtue. We've got 173 more days to go till the start of the season so there a lot of time between now and then to get things done.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think there could have been some FA signings that could have helped vs. waiting to see what is left but then again, these guys have had a history of making this a real team sport and filling spots with players that know their role and work hard to achieve as high of a standard as possible.

    I am excited and optimistic while understanding that a SB or even and AFC Championship is not yet at the doorstep!

    It should be an interesting season, to say the least!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,291
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    I agree 100% about the kool-aid.. i like pioli but not in the least bit yet sold on Haley...well see.
    As far as Cassell everyone here knows I liked Thigpen and yes we needed other positions but more then a QB. I have to say the only reason i am ok with the CAssell deal is that we got some leadership on our D and Cassell for only a 2nd Rd. Anything more i would be very upset.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •