Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Anyone else not that impressed?


    0 Not allowed!
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    I personally want to wait until free agency/the draft is over. There is so much specualtion about Pioli/Haley doing the right or wrong things, then people complain that there is no news coming out of Arrowhead.

    If there is no news then how can you expect to be happy or unhappy with any of the decisions made. I personally am happy with the Cassel aquisition because we may actually have a QB that will be around (and good) for a while.

    As far as the Kool Aid thing, I have decided to step out of it. Far too many people here get bent out of shape because they can't complain about things. You wanna bash your favorite team? Go ahead (no you prough, but some people) I think it is funny to watch some get all up in my face because I choose to not bad mouth my favorite team. I guess if people want to continue with the sad sack bullsh!t then let them go ahead. I watch football because it makes me happy. The day football stops making me happy or the day I start hating on the Chiefs is the day I will stop watching.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I personally want to wait until free agency/the draft is over. There is so much specualtion about Pioli/Haley doing the right or wrong things, then people complain that there is no news coming out of Arrowhead.

    If there is no news then how can you expect to be happy or unhappy with any of the decisions made. I personally am happy with the Cassel aquisition because we may actually have a QB that will be around (and good) for a while.

    As far as the Kool Aid thing, I have decided to step out of it. Far too many people here get bent out of shape because they can't complain about things. You wanna bash your favorite team? Go ahead (no you prough, but some people) I think it is funny to watch some get all up in my face because I choose to not bad mouth my favorite team. I guess if people want to continue with the sad sack bullsh!t then let them go ahead. I watch football because it makes me happy. The day football stops making me happy or the day I start hating on the Chiefs is the day I will stop watching.
    I'll never hate the Chiefs. I feel some people are a little too enamored with Pioli and Haley. I think Haley was a hell of a sign for a coach, but over 80 of the top 100 fa's have been signed and who do we have?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  4. #4
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll never hate the Chiefs. I feel some people are a little too enamored with Pioli and Haley. I think Haley was a hell of a sign for a coach, but over 80 of the top 100 fa's have been signed and who do we have?
    I agree with you there, but Clark Hunt said we wont be signing any big name free agents anyways. I am glad we did not go after a Haynesworth type of guy though. I would still like to see some O line/D line signings. They don't have to be multi million dollar players but some guys who can start and contribute would be nice!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree with you there, but Clark Hunt said we wont be signing any big name free agents anyways. I am glad we did not go after a Haynesworth type of guy though. I would still like to see some O line/D line signings. They don't have to be multi million dollar players but some guys who can start and contribute would be nice!
    That's what I'm hopin' for. It seems to me the vast majority of the Patriots were not so much superstars as just good football players. I'm not giving up hope; I'm just hopin' we're not getting screwed by not signing some of the players that were out there that are signed now.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    That's what I'm hopin' for. It seems to me the vast majority of the Patriots were not so much superstars as just good football players. I'm not giving up hope; I'm just hopin' we're not getting screwed by not signing some of the players that were out there that are signed now.
    I guess we will just have to wait until Sept!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think there could have been some FA signings that could have helped vs. waiting to see what is left but then again, these guys have had a history of making this a real team sport and filling spots with players that know their role and work hard to achieve as high of a standard as possible.

    I am excited and optimistic while understanding that a SB or even and AFC Championship is not yet at the doorstep!

    It should be an interesting season, to say the least!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,326
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    I agree 100% about the kool-aid.. i like pioli but not in the least bit yet sold on Haley...well see.
    As far as Cassell everyone here knows I liked Thigpen and yes we needed other positions but more then a QB. I have to say the only reason i am ok with the CAssell deal is that we got some leadership on our D and Cassell for only a 2nd Rd. Anything more i would be very upset.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,250
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well as far a kool-aid goes I am not drinking any of it but I will wait to see what the team looks like before I start complaining about it. Heck who knows we may have had a world beater of a team last year with the right coaching instead of what we had for coaches. Now I am not saying that we did just that we MIGHT have. Just maybe the new coaches will make a system that will fit the players instead of trying to make the player fit their system. Why not wait and see what the final product is before knocking it becasue it is a work in progress is all I am saying.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I reserve the right to respond, after some time has gone bye. I will always expect the Chiefs to win! So call me
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKEjQpL0-4"]YouTube - Homer Beer Song[/ame]

    With kool aid beer glasses.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •