Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Anyone else not that impressed?


    0 Not allowed!
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  2. #31
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    Well even at the end of last eyar I alwasy told people what the Chiefs do good not bad so I am just very optimistic about the greatest team in the world. The thing is it is not just FANS thinking the chiefs are going to do good. Even the analyst think the Chiefs could be a cinderella team and it's not just one guy thinking that. The Patriots was built with people that noone else wanted and that's the approach Pioli is taking. Noone is expecting us to win the superbowl next year but we go 8-8 that is a huge leap in the right direction. Is there some free agents I think we should go after, Yeah I think we should be calling orlando paces agent and see about bringing in some exp on our oline and why not Holt to gives us a good possession WR. I mean they are older guys but what you need on a young team is leadership and that's what Vrabel and Cassell bring, Yes Cassell brings leadership he was QB of the patriots last year with memebers liek Moss and Welker and he earned thier trust if he can do that then there is somethign special about this guy. Im just saying Mcdaniels was willing to guive up Cutler who is a pro bowler so he must know somethign about Cassell. Im just stoked
    The last team that went from worst(in their division) to superbowl, was the "other" team from Missouri. That was '99 -this is '09. hey, anything is possible!


  3. #32
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Talking Kool-aid, not just for kids anymore


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    I'll say it.

    I'm not scared.

    I am drinking the kool-aid, and by the gallons baby! I'm even sporting a rock'in kool-aid "stache".......................(in my best kool-aid voice) OH YEAAAAA! Why not get on the Pioli/Haley bandwagon? All the cool kids are doing it. Look at it this way, we could be sitting here complaining about Herm da worm and King Carl for yet another year. But we're not! Thats right, we actually have something to look forward to. Pioli knows what he is doing, and I can guarantee that he knows a he!! of a lot more about the free agents in this league and Cassel than any of us. He will build a winner with the same type of players that he has won with in the past. Just because a player is a "big name" in this league, does'nt necessarily mean he is the "right player" for our team, that's right, TEAM. One of the first things he said when he came here was that he was not looking for pro bowlers, but for the right type of players. The very same type of players that he won a superbowl or two with. Mark my words, Pioli will bring this town a championship!!! END OF STORY!!!! OH YEAAAA! I'll take a couple of more gallons of Kool-aid over hear! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

  4. #33
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I am gonna say this as well
    Cuz I aint scared,
    prough91,
    You can take this however you wish to but I am callin you out on this topic. You post something that would be normal of a Carl Petersen ran offseason while we are experiencing a new management team in Pioli and Haley makes me question your devoltion as a Chiefs fan. I can do this because there is no question in my mind what team I am on, I am on the Chiefs as it's biggest fan. You on the other hand do alot od doubting and pissing and moaning about how the Pioli / Haley front office isn't getting players that make you say wow, well so what. If you don't like the choices that they are making then you don't have to like them but the bottom line is everyone else is attempting to become totally posotive abou this change and the days of doubting our front office and coaching staff are over. WE HAVE GOOD PEOPLE NOW! The best thing you can do at this point is jump into the KOOL AID container and take a long a$$ drink of it , kool out a bit and allow the new changes take you away like a calgon bath ! Why all the hate bro? Why can't you just try to get along and forget the bad years that are behind us and be happy go lucky! 2 weeks ago I was doubting and now I see what they are doing and I like it alot, infact I like it a hell of alot more then anything CP did since the death of DT. That IMO was when his leg up on the competition died, it died with DT and I hate to say that. I am a fan of the team since day 1 of my life and I will never change , I will go to my grave a Chief fan. I would like to see you with us but I have my doubts bro. Make me believe in you man , MAKE ME BELIEVE!!!
    I love my Chiefs every bit as much as you do.

    I love my kids too. But if they do the wrong things, then I can't just stand up and cheer for that. I have to critique.

    The fact is that if I didn't care, then I could easily not worry and criticize.

    I couldn't care any less about The Washington Redskins, so I don't complain one bit about them.

    The fact that someone is on here regularly, talking about the Chiefs' decisions is proof positive that they care about this team.

    Rather you agree with what decisions are being made, or not. Expressing your opinion about it regularly shows serious interest.

    So, your doubts are off-target. I assure you of that.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad Clark hired Pioli and Pioli hired Haley and I'm glad they hired Cassell, he's young and with the right coaching he could very well be a great QB someday but I do tend to question some of the older trades. I agree on not spending a boat load of money on a few great players but the older players are only a short term fix though great for leadership. So I might question why, I would never lose my devotion to the Chiefs. I have been with'em for over 22 years and I'll most likely get burried in some thing red the has the words "Kansas City Chiefs" on it. I just hope this is our year to shine, and nothing would please me more than a complete shut out of all afc west games. Right now we are the only stable team in the afc west and I'm Mc Lovin it. Denver fans want to trade Cutler for Cassell, Al Davis is still nuts and will fire his HC after game 3 and San Diego is doing nothing so far so no big change there. So just like every year past, this year I Have Faith In My Chiefs, I want to see, hear and feel Arrowhead rumble once again as they did in years past. So here's to the 09 Kansas City Chiefs, May they kick butt and take names and make us all proud once more.......Thank You, Thank You, lol

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    233
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Pioli defends Chiefs' strategy to add personnel

    By ADAM TEICHER

    The Kansas City Star


    DAVID EULITT
    Pioli

    After making the big strike by trading for quarterback Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel in opening the free-agency period, the Chiefs have mostly watched as other teams spent cash on players.

    The sum total of their efforts since the deal with New England are two backups, linebacker Corey Mays and cornerback Travis Daniels.
    While their lack of activity hasn’t pleased many Chiefs fans, general manager Scott Pioli is urging patience. He indicated the Chiefs aren’t finished adding pieces.
    “We’re only in the beginning stages,” Pioli said. “Player acquisition is not limited to just free-agency, and it’s not just the draft. It could be waiver claims, trades, street free agents. It could be anything we see as an opportunity to help this team get better, whether that’s in the locker room or on the field.
    “We’re still in the beginning phase. You can never predict what your opportunities are going to be. We’ll keep at it. There are players out there that can help us.”
    In the meantime, players like Mays, Daniels and safety Jon McGraw, who re-signed last week, are part of Pioli’s plan. The Chiefs appear intent on placing a greater value on building their special teams and depth.
    That’s where Mays and Daniels fit in. Mays, who agreed to contract terms Thursday, was known mostly for his special-teams play in his four seasons with New England and Cincinnati. Daniels was mostly a reserve in his four seasons with Miami and Cleveland but gives the Chiefs an experienced option to starters Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr.
    In 2001, Pioli’s second season assisting Bill Belichick with New England, the Patriots signed 23 free agents. Few were big-money players. Most were imported to either give the Patriots some viable competition for starting positions or to help on special teams.
    While Pioli won’t sign 23 players this year, he does appear serious about improving the Chiefs on special teams and providing better competition for starting spots at several positions.
    The Chiefs in recent years have awarded starting spots by default at several positions, including quarterback, wide receiver, offensive line and linebacker.
    “We’re interested in building the roster spots all the way through the roster.” Pioli said. “Everywhere I’ve been, we’ve used all 53 players. You can only use 45 on game day, but throughout the course of the season you need all of them.”
    In addition to Mays and Daniels, the Chiefs had publicly identified visits with three other free agents: Arizona linebacker Clark Haggans, Seattle wide receiver Bobby Engram and Dallas safety Keith Davis.
    The re-signing of McGraw probably eliminates the need for Davis. Engram is 36, so the Chiefs don’t appear in any hurry to sign him.
    Haggans makes more sense for the Chiefs because of their need for linebackers, even after signing Mays.
    “Just because we haven’t signed a player doesn’t mean … different negotiations are in different stages,” Pioli said. “It’s not always up to just us. It’s up to the player, too.”

    Pioli defends Chiefs' strategy to add personnel - Kansas City Star

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I am gonna say this as well
    Cuz I aint scared,
    You post something that would be normal of a Carl Petersen ran offseason while we are experiencing a new management team in Pioli and Haley makes me question your devoltion as a Chiefs fan.

    So I'm not a devoted fan because I choose to be cautious instead of blindly optimistic?

    If you don't like the choices that they are making then you don't have to like them but the bottom line is everyone else is attempting to become totally posotive abou this change and the days of doubting our front office and coaching staff are over.

    I am not the only person here who has voiced their doubts about some of the decisions that have been made.

    Why all the hate bro?

    Um, I haven't called out anyone because I disagreed with somthing they said.

    Make me believe in you man , MAKE ME BELIEVE!!!


    I don't really know what I am supposed to make you believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    IMO a true KC Chief fan or any teams fan for that matter only cheers for that 1 team, they don't say that they are partial to other teams nor do they take a negative stand against what the team is doing but more so goes into each new season believing that the team will do the best it can and reach the Superbowl, even if they know it won't happen.

    Where have I ever said that I root for any other team? And, Dude, as long as there is football and front offices some people are always going to doubt the decisions they make.
    Ya know, I always thought a forum board was a place to come and debate and hear the opinions of others. There have been a lot of things said in here that I didn't agree with, and, in some cases, made me angry. However, I never "called" anyone out for it.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  8. #37
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Basically, you haven't truely answered my main question and reason for calling you out on your post. I questioned your being a true fan of the Chiefs, IMO you have basically answered my questions with questions to avoid answering the main question. I would like you to make me believe that your a true Chiefs fan as I have read alot of negative posts by you towards the Ciefs and the front office and IMO that would mean that you only like the Chiefs to complain about them, however I could be wrong and I wouldn't doubt if you say so, still leaving doubt in my mind. All I would like to see is that you truely are a Chiefs fan and there is one way to do that. I am making a challenge and that would be that neither of us make a negative post or thread regarding the Chiefs no matter what is done until April 2, 2009. I know I can do it but I wonder if you can? I hope you can as I would like to see that you are really part of the Chiefs Fan base, you seem like a decent guy just have alot of negativity flowing when it comes to the KC Chiefs and I know it's hard to change things like that when your used to having bad things happen, but it would be nice to see. I am up for the challenge, are you?
    Lol, dude, if you had been around longer than a month you would have seen I used to stand up for Herm. I don't like the Cassel signing. Know why? I'm a huge fan of Thiggy's. Right or wrong, no matter how much sh!t I catch about it, I just really like Thiggy. I just don't like seeing this board as a place people get bashed on if they have a differing opinion. Do I want to see the Chiefs make a huge turn around? You bet your a$$ I do. Do I feel like they have done the things so far to do that? No. No, I don't. I don't feel like I should have to apologize for my opinions or defend my fandom just because I don't believe (yet) that Pioli and Haley are the second coming. I liked the Haley hiring and said so and a lot of people didn't agree with that. Lets say, hypothetically, Pioli and Haley just run the Chiefs into the ground. Would I be able to say anything negative about them then? I haven't been overly impressed with their FA acquisitions. I stated that fact. For all anyone knows I might be completely right. I hope to God I'm wrong.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  9. #38
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If people never question motives, tactics, strategies, etc etc, then they are not looking for improvement. They are not leaders and they are not true fans.

    Yes, being positive is a great thing to embrace but the "rose colored glasses" have to come off at some point.

    I think there have been some good changes and there are some I question.

    I think prough91 is looking at things from a different perspective and his ideas/thoughts are put on the table in order to "push" for the best outcome for the team.

    If he was not a fan, I really do not think he would bother coming here.

    Cheers!

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    To be honest, the main reason I started this thread was because I was tired of people getting bashed on because they didn't like the acquisitions that were going on. We should all be able to say what we want, respectfully, and not have to worry about that. I also didn't like giving up such a high second round pick for Cassel. I mean, sh!t, Bono had one good year.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  11. #40
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    To be honest, the main reason I started this thread was because I was tired of people getting bashed on because they didn't like the acquisitions that were going on. We should all be able to say what we want, respectfully, and not have to worry about that. I also didn't like giving up such a high second round pick for Cassel. I mean, sh!t, Bono had one good year.
    Some people just cannot handle it when opinions differ from their own or if it "sounds" like you are not a bonafied cheerleader from their perspective.

    Don't feel like you are the only one here that gets jumped on for your fandom. I said that the Chiefs may be the best of 4 teams in crappy division this year and it was like I had given someone a double wedgy! LOL!

    Funny thing, last night I was thinking about Bono and Grbac and even Montana...It was like we were trying to be the 49'ers...Which is dejavu now because we are trying to be more like the Patriots because we are siging their players and incorporating their system.

    In my opinion, we are not creating our own identity...We are simply mirroring someone else's while plucking Pats players, coaches etc. to do it.

    Just imagine Vrabel catching a TD pass from Cassell...That play was put on the map more so by the Pats, now they will simply be uniformed in different colors! LOL!

    I REALLY hope that some of the Chiefs that were on the "pre-Pioli" roster will shine this year instead of all the ex-Pats players and affliates getting the spotlight.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •