Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Anyone else not that impressed?


    0 Not allowed!
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  2. #41
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhindrix444777 View Post
    the reason i got thrown under the bus here 2 years ago or so is because I bashed herm from the beginning as soon as he said that crap that we are gonna do things different here in KC...no more offensive juggernauts...run run pass punt.....defense defense defense. I already knew what would happen over time, but since I was on it too early and said herm had to go before he even came and rode on him every day I was thrown under the bus. But it is all good. Now prough deserves to be thrown under the bus because of his idiotic comments that we are not taking the right steps thus far. it isnt like we can just draft and trade to get a superbowl team this year?!!?!?! I mean, COME ON!!! Look at where we are coming from. We finally got rid of the old administration....but things cannot completely turn around before our new leader even has HIS FIRST GAME!!!!!Prough, you desever to be thrown under the bus FAR MROE than I did when I wanted Herm out even before his first game.
    First, I would really love to go back through your post and fix the atrocious spelling and grammatical errors, but, alas, I have to be to work in thirteen hours. Second, I do not take offense from morons. Tim, do you really have nothing else to do? Are you so sad and pathetic that it actually makes you feel better about yourself to come here again and again just to spout off nonsensical ramblings? Putting that to the side, you really, really need to come to this year's home opener. I know a really big Canadian that is just dying to meet you.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  3. #42
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I love my Chiefs every bit as much as you do.

    I love my kids too. But if they do the wrong things, then I can't just stand up and cheer for that. I have to critique.

    The fact is that if I didn't care, then I could easily not worry and criticize.

    I couldn't care any less about The Washington Redskins, so I don't complain one bit about them.

    The fact that someone is on here regularly, talking about the Chiefs' decisions is proof positive that they care about this team.

    Rather you agree with what decisions are being made, or not. Expressing your opinion about it regularly shows serious interest.

    So, your doubts are off-target. I assure you of that.
    Hmmm, sharing opinions eh?????

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,341
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 28

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Some people just cannot handle it when opinions differ from their own or if it "sounds" like you are not a bonafied cheerleader from their perspective.

    Don't feel like you are the only one here that gets jumped on for your fandom. I said that the Chiefs may be the best of 4 teams in crappy division this year and it was like I had given someone a double wedgy! LOL!
    Wanna know the big difference in what you said vs actually making a point?

    If you were to say that we need a pass rushing defensive end cause we had the worst sack total in league history then that is a fact and pointing out a need that the Chiefs have.

    Saying that we are one of four crappy teams is not a fact. It is not constructive, it is someone bashing on the Chiefs for no apparent reason other than to say the Chiefs suck.

    I have never gotten on anyones case about comments that are true or constructive, but I have always had something to say about people who mindlessly bash the Chiefs. And here you are again, fighting for your right to bash your favorite team!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I can't see how anyone can be diappointed in the chiefs off season. After all CP is gone, at the least we have hope. Weather that hope is fullfilled, we'll just have to wait and see.
    Am I suprised we haven't signed at least a starting center and a starting DE, you bet.
    On the other hand I believe our other transactions have been smart football decsions. Varbel is a proven starter and will be a very good leader and mentor for our defense. Engram will give us another solid reciever and good mentor for D. Bowe. Cassel gives us two good young QB's, hopefully competing for the starting job.
    All the other players signed gives us depth and all are very good special teams players. Better field position makes us better on offense and defense.
    Paoli has a proven track record at building TEAMS, we have too trust that he can do that for the chiefs.
    I don't believe any of the really good coaches in the history of the NFL have been NICE people when thier teams and players weren't performing. They got in players and coaches faces and got thier oints across. I believe Haley is cut from the same mold. We've had Vermel, who gave us a great offense and no defense and Edwards, who gave us no offense, no defense and no special teams, both nice guys and could't get the job done. WE've got new management and they're going to do things thier way. Let's give them our support and belive in thier way and hopefully they can turn the Chiefs into consistant Super Bowl contenders.

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I'll say it. I'm not scared.

    I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

    I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

    I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

    I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

    Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

    How do you feel?
    The reason is because Pioli's only two months into the job. He inherited a team with needs at every position. A team like the Redskins could sign a guy like Haynesworth to a massive contract and say, with a straight face, that they're only one player away. We could have blown our entire cap on expensive, mediocre free agents, even good ones like Bart Scott, Jason Brown, Canty, etc., and it wouldn't have gotten us anywhere.

    We can only draft one guy per draft pick, by the way. And odds are 1 in 2 that he'll bust. We got two starters (our QBOTF and defensive captain no less) with ours this year. It's the best move the Chiefs have made in the past dozen years.

    In the past two months we've bolstered our depth, our special teams, our QB position, our LBs, and our WR corps. And we did it all for a 2nd round pick and for less than they cost of signing Bart Scott. What is there not to like so far?

  8. #47
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The reason is because Pioli's only two months into the job. He inherited a team with needs at every position. A team like the Redskins could sign a guy like Haynesworth to a massive contract and say, with a straight face, that they're only one player away. We could have blown our entire cap on expensive, mediocre free agents, even good ones like Bart Scott, Jason Brown, Canty, etc., and it wouldn't have gotten us anywhere.

    We can only draft one guy per draft pick, by the way. And odds are 1 in 2 that he'll bust. We got two starters (our QBOTF and defensive captain no less) with ours this year. It's the best move the Chiefs have made in the past dozen years.

    In the past two months we've bolstered our depth, our special teams, our QB position, our LBs, and our WR corps. And we did it all for a 2nd round pick and for less than they cost of signing Bart Scott. What is there not to like so far?
    Be carefull! The Thigpen lovers will be comin outta the wood works to say he is better and will have a better career than Cassell!!!

  9. #48
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The reason is because Pioli's only two months into the job. He inherited a team with needs at every position. A team like the Redskins could sign a guy like Haynesworth to a massive contract and say, with a straight face, that they're only one player away. We could have blown our entire cap on expensive, mediocre free agents, even good ones like Bart Scott, Jason Brown, Canty, etc., and it wouldn't have gotten us anywhere.

    We can only draft one guy per draft pick, by the way. And odds are 1 in 2 that he'll bust. We got two starters (our QBOTF and defensive captain no less) with ours this year. It's the best move the Chiefs have made in the past dozen years.

    In the past two months we've bolstered our depth, our special teams, our QB position, our LBs, and our WR corps. And we did it all for a 2nd round pick and for less than they cost of signing Bart Scott. What is there not to like so far?
    So, other than Cassel and Engram, you think it's great all we've been picking up is special team players?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  10. #49
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Be carefull! The Thigpen lovers will be comin outta the wood works to say he is better and will have a better career than Cassell!!!
    People who think that either didn't watch enough Chiefs games last year, or didn't watch enough Pats games last year.

    I like Thigpen as our backup and as a gadget guy. Maybe even as a slot receiver some downs. But people who think that he's going to be a better QB than Cassel need to watch more gametape.

  11. #50
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,341
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 28

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I am gonna say this as well
    Cuz I aint scared,
    prough91,
    You can take this however you wish to but I am callin you out on this topic. You post something that would be normal of a Carl Petersen ran offseason while we are experiencing a new management team in Pioli and Haley makes me question your devoltion as a Chiefs fan. I can do this because there is no question in my mind what team I am on, I am on the Chiefs as it's biggest fan. You on the other hand do alot od doubting and pissing and moaning about how the Pioli / Haley front office isn't getting players that make you say wow, well so what. If you don't like the choices that they are making then you don't have to like them but the bottom line is everyone else is attempting to become totally posotive abou this change and the days of doubting our front office and coaching staff are over. WE HAVE GOOD PEOPLE NOW! The best thing you can do at this point is jump into the KOOL AID container and take a long a$$ drink of it , kool out a bit and allow the new changes take you away like a calgon bath ! Why all the hate bro? Why can't you just try to get along and forget the bad years that are behind us and be happy go lucky! 2 weeks ago I was doubting and now I see what they are doing and I like it alot, infact I like it a hell of alot more then anything CP did since the death of DT. That IMO was when his leg up on the competition died, it died with DT and I hate to say that. I am a fan of the team since day 1 of my life and I will never change , I will go to my grave a Chief fan. I would like to see you with us but I have my doubts bro. Make me believe in you man , MAKE ME BELIEVE!!!
    So Chris, what makes you the biggest Chiefs fan? Haing doubts does not make you a worse or better fan. There is nothing wrong with questioning the direction of the team. Prough does not mindlessly bash the team like some people do. Those are the fans that you should be questioning. Why wouldnt people question a team that went 2-14 last year. Some of us are more optimistic than others and it does not make anyone better fans than the other. If people dont question things then nothing ever gets changed but you picked the wrong guy to call out being a Chiefs fan. I have known Prough for a couple of years and he bleeds just as red as the next Chiefs fan. I would watch who you call out before you end up looking like an a$s.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •