Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Anyone else not that impressed?

Default Anyone else not that impressed?

I'll say it. I'm not scared.

I haven't been overwhelmed with our off season acquisitions.

I'm not that excited about Cassel. I just feel there should have been more pressing needs dealt with first. There were a lot more weaknesses, in my opinion, that should have been addressed. I would have much rather kept our high second round pick.

I feel like all we have been signing have been a bunch of fringe, special team players.

I also noticed that if anyone even hints on this board that they aren't completely satisfied with all of Pioli's decisions that they are quickly shouted down and sometimes told they are not true Chiefs fans.

Get excited if you want, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

How do you feel?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

edited post.
    Last edited by Coach; 03-23-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    You telling me to grow up! LMAO! Too funny from a man with a painted face! You do have a good sense of humor..I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am telling the guy who sits at home and plays with kids to grow up. OK Mr Mom. oh wait...you are just playing with them right?
    Stop the bickering. If you don't like one another use the 'Ignore feature'. Let's stick to football.

What did you expect us to do in the FA Market? It was a really weak FA pool.

I was a little suprised at the FA choices we made because of age and not really anything special, but I also belive they or some of them bring good leadership we much needed to a very young team. I too am unsure about Haley but again, as history shows us change can be good for everyone and this could very well be a break out year for our Chiefs. Can't wait till draft day and who we get @ # 3.....

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    What did you expect us to do in the FA Market? It was a really weak FA pool.
    There were some good players in FA who I would have liked on the team. But not at the price they went at. As much as I might like Jason Brown and Bart Scott, they weren't worth over 10% of our cap room.

And that's the rub. We won't attract decent FAs here for anything but way over market value until we start winning games and look like a contender. The question is whether we can become a contender without massively overpaying for average FAs.

I think we can and will.

I think with a good draft and even better coaching we could be a force to be reckoned with, sorta speak. We have to remember that Verbal, Tony G, Larry J, and some others will only be around for a shot time, so it will be up to them to help in that process and unlike Lamar I hope tony gets to the Superbowl before his game time is up and I would like it very much if it was as a Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I think with a good draft and even better coaching we could be a force to be reckoned with, sorta speak. We have to remember that Verbal, Tony G, Larry J, and some others will only be around for a shot time, so it will be up to them to help in that process and unlike Lamar I hope tony gets to the Superbowl before his game time is up and I would like it very much if it was as a Chief.
    I agree with you except Lamar went to two superbowls I and IV lost the first and won the second those were the days.

I still think we have a curse on us since we left Municipal Staduim we have not been back to the superbowl, Arrowhead has a curse on it.

Look, I just started this thread because anyone that said anything a little bit derogatory against the decisions being made were, in my opinion, getting hammered. I know I work with a lot of people who are Chief's fans and they didn't agree with a lot of them. I just wondered if anyone here felt the same way.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I'm really disappointed in everything about this thread.

If you guys are anything like me, you enjoy reading about the Chiefs. I don't enjoy listening to grown men fight.

If you insist on fighting or prefer to listen to grown men fighting then visit one of the sites listed here:
    Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - Web Links

If you prefer to talk about the Chiefs, I would love for you to stay.

Thread Closed.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910