Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3 New players

Default 3 New players

According to KCChiefs.com we signed 3 new players.

WRs Engram, and Terrance Cooper
    LB Monty Beisel

Kansas City Chiefs - Kansas City Agrees to Terms with Three Players

Biesel is a consitent performer who brings solid play. While he may not make headlines week in and week out he did contribute in both the Pats and Cardinals franchise. He brings familiarity to a novice LB core being a KC homer and good work ethic. A good LB; not lights out, but a good player

As I said above Engram brings experience and leadership to a novice recieving corps with a consitent level of play. He should do well to tutor and guide some of our young recievers. He's not a block buster, but a performer and one who gets the job done.

Copper brings youth and raw talent to the team, someone we can develop and utilize in the future.

Not necessarily headline guys but talented guys you like to have on your roster.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 03-17-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I doubt that Pioli will keep all of them. Engram if he stays healthy will be a good addition to our team. I would love to see Bowe, Engram and Franklin as our starters TG at TE . That is not a bad set of WR if you ask me.
    Franklin's going to be cut or placed on practice squad this summer. Bowe, Engram, Bradley, and Copper (in that order) will be our WRs.

not sure if we have a return guy yet or not but some of the WR we got have done that before and one might not even be a WR anymore, but converted into a fulltime return man for both kickoffs and punts. IMO

I have seen Engram in a game here and there over the past few seasons, and he may be the best WR on this team now. At least from what I have seen of him.

Maybe I have only seen him on his better days. But he has always played well, that I can remember.

With the lack of depth we had at WR, I definitely like this move.

Beisel? Hmm. I hope he is enough to keep us from drafting Curry.

Not that I have any problem with Curry. I just don't think that we need a LB enough to take one at #3 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have seen Engram in a game here and there over the past few seasons, and he may be the best WR on this team now. At least from what I have seen of him.

Maybe I have only seen him on his better days. But he has always played well, that I can remember.

With the lack of depth we had at WR, I definitely like this move.

Not that I have any problem with Curry. I just don't think that we need a LB enough to take one at #3 overall.
    I too have wondered if Beisel will have any effect on grabbing Curry at #3.

He is only the best player in the Draft. And last i saw we dont have any GOOD young linebackers. And im tired of waiting for Johnson to show us why he was drafted in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    He is only the best player in the Draft. And last i saw we dont have any GOOD young linebackers. And im tired of waiting for Johnson to show us why he was drafted in the first round.
    He has only been the best player in the draft for about a week now.

When the season ended, he was a fringe top-ten guy.

I am not a big fan of those who impress off the field, as much as those who impress on the field.

Derrick Johnson, Demorrio Williams and Pat Thomas are good by me.

Add in Vrabel and Beisel, and we are ready to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I too have wondered if Beisel will have any effect on grabbing Curry at #3.
    Im thinking/hoping he will be nothing but a special teamer and backup.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    ya, nothing compares. Beisel is the type of player that bounces from team to team (Chiefs, Pats, Cards). to fill in holes and backups.

Curry is a [projected] franchise LB.

I hope this move doesnt take us further away from Curry. Im hoping we get him, yet trying not to get my hopes up.

He has only been the best player in the draft for about a week now.

When the season ended, he was a fringe top-ten guy.

I am not a big fan of those who impress off the field, as much as those who impress on the field.

Derrick Johnson, Demorrio Williams and Pat Thomas are good by me.

Add in Vrabel and Beisel, and we are ready to roll.
    ya but imagine Curry and Vrabel on the two insides and Johnson and Williams on the outside!

Im not sure what you see in Pat Thomas. But him and Beisel should be backups at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    ya but imagine Curry and Vrabel on the two insides and Johnson and Williams on the outside!

Im not sure what you see in Pat Thomas. But him and Beisel should be backups at best.
    What I see in Thomas is a new OT!

I can watch any four LBs get blocked by their own D-line, FS and free-running O-linemen and FBs. I don't care what their names are.

The LBs are gonna suck if our D-line sucks. And they will rock if the D-line rocks.

Now imagine getting a top-notch OT, of which there is a variety available at the top of this draft.

You improve the LOT spot, and you get last years top OG prospect to play at RG.

That's like hitting a home run, but with a runner on base!

You get two points for that.

Not to mention the fact that the improved pass protection gives our new QB time to make decisions in the pocket. Thus improving the play of our QB.

If the QB is playing better, then it is hard to argue that the WRS won't do better. They get more time to create seperation, and more overall opportunities.

How about getting to see a real running game return?

With three star O-linemen, suddenly, we should be able to block a couple of defenders to open lanes for our RBs.

That's like having five guys on base when you hit that homer.

O-linemen improve the play of all other offensive positions.

LBs don't.

D-linemen do that for the defense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast