Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3 New players

Default 3 New players

According to KCChiefs.com we signed 3 new players.

WRs Engram, and Terrance Cooper
    LB Monty Beisel

Kansas City Chiefs - Kansas City Agrees to Terms with Three Players

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Money means nothing to Pioli right now. We have plenty. Even with Cassel and the #3 pick we still have enough money to get a high-end player, if there was any. We could definately use Pace, but as much as I like and want Holt, we have signed 3 WR's this offseason, so he isn't an option.
    Doesn't mean we can't sign more. Guys like Webb, Robinson, and Franklin probably end up on the practice squad or get cut. Copper's a special teams guy more than a WR. Engram's a bit injury prone. Getting Holt isn't a bad idea even slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    He started in the SB last year. He started with the Pats in 2005 and Arizona in 2007.
    No he didnt! The Cards LB starters were Okeafer, Hayes and Dansby. Beisel backed up Hayes. Why, he only had 20 tackles last season.

Does that many tackles sound like a starter to you?

Arizona Cardinals Depth Chart

The Pats LBS in the 3-4 were Mcginest, Bruschi , Johnson and Vrabel. You telling me the Beisel started over one of those guys?

No, he backed up one of the ILBs.

Let me put it to you this way. Beisel was a special teamer/backup here. and here is where he had most of his tackles in a season.. at 50 some. Not NE, not Arizona.

Beisel is a backup and will be backing up Vrabel and Curry.....hopefully.

Doesn't mean we can't sign more. Guys like Webb, Robinson, and Franklin probably end up on the practice squad or get cut. Copper's a special teams guy more than a WR. Engram's a bit injury prone. Getting Holt isn't a bad idea even slightly.
    that's weird to me that you think Franklin might get cut. he's 23 and going into just his 2nd year, and is possibly the fastest player on the team.

I'd like Holt too, but I don't think there's anything wrong with our WR corp right now.

Slot receiver running short routes - Engram (94 catches 2 years ago)
    Intermediate routes & screens - Bowe
    Deep threats - Bradley/Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    that's weird to me that you think Franklin might get cut. he's 23 and going into just his 2nd year, and is possibly the fastest player on the team.

I'd like Holt too, but I don't think there's anything wrong with our WR corp right now.

Supposedly our fastest is Jamaal Charles....but Ive seen him get run down before.

Engram had 94 catches 2 years ago?! Well that make me feel better. I just cant get over his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    No he didnt! The Cards LB starters were Okeafer, Hayes and Dansby. Beisel backed up Hayes. Why, he only had 20 tackles last season.

Does that many tackles sound like a starter to you?

Arizona Cardinals Depth Chart

The Pats LBS in the 3-4 were Mcginest, Bruschi , Johnson and Vrabel. You telling me the Beisel started over one of those guys?

No, he backed up one of the ILBs.

Let me put it to you this way. Beisel was a special teamer/backup here. and here is where he had most of his tackles in a season.. at 50 some. Not NE, not Arizona.

Beisel is a backup and will be backing up Vrabel and Curry.....hopefully.
    SB is short for Super Bowl. Where Beisel started this year.

Super Bowl XLIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beisel started at ILB for the Pats in 2005.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.c...rbio&bio=30936

Beisel started at ILB for the Cardinals in 2007 (and 2008) whenever they were in the 3-4. Not when they were in the 4-3.

Beisel is going to be our opening day ILB next season. If we draft Curry, we'll start him at OLB, not at ILB, next season.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Youth doesn't necessarily equal talent. And people cut bad draft picks every year. Especially if they're under new management. Franklin is very, very fast. But speed isn't going to be the most important aspect of our offense. Toughness, longevity, and route running are.

Brodie Croyle to Will Franklin could have been the greatest touch football duo of all time. But they're too breakable for the NFL game. I think Franklin is practice squadded this year, not cut, by the way.

I don't think Engram will stay healthy all 16 games. I think a depth chart of:

Bowe/Holt/Engram/Bradley

would allow the Chiefs to spread the field, and it would give them plenty of good WRs in case of injury.

SB is short for Super Bowl. Where Beisel started this year.

Super Bowl XLIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beisel started at ILB for the Pats in 2005.

Monty Beisel - Official New England Patriots Biography

Beisel started at ILB for the Cardinals in 2007 (and 2008) whenever they were in the 3-4. Not when they were in the 4-3.

Beisel is going to be our opening day ILB next season. If we draft Curry, we'll start him at OLB, not at ILB, next season.

Thanks for providing the link for what the superbowl is.

Your links provide nothing to back your lame post up. In 2005 he had 43 tackles. Thats not good enough for starters.

Congratulations, Ive just witnessed the dumbest post ever courtesy jmlamerson.

Beisels most successful season was 54 tackles! Hes a backup!
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 03-18-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks for providing the link for what the superbowl is.

Your links provide nothing to back your lame post up. In 2005 he had 43 tackles. Thats not good enough for starters.

Congratulations, Ive just witnessed the dumbest post ever courtesy jmlamerson.

Beisels most successful season was 54 tackles! Hes a backup!
    Maybe you just don't understand what the word "starter" means. I'm not surprised - it's a pretty long one. It means the player who lines up in a position on the football field at the beginning of the game. Beisel started for the teams I listed. I linked to the SB page because it listed the starting lineups, you genius you.

Is this really that hard for you to understand?

If you want to argue that he shouldn't start because his production isn't good, that's one thing. But he started for the teams I listed. It really isn't arguable for people who can read what's on the sites.

Maybe you just don't understand what the word "starter" means. I'm not surprised - it's a pretty long one. It means the player who lines up in a position on the football field at the beginning of the game. Beisel started for the teams I listed. I linked to the SB page because it listed the starting lineups, you genius you.

Is this really that hard for you to understand?

If you want to argue that he shouldn't start because his production isn't good, that's one thing. But he started for the teams I listed. It really isn't arguable for people who can read what's on the sites.
    Find me a depth chart where Beisel is the starter.

In the SB. (thank god I know what that is due to your link) Hayes has more Tackles than Beisel. Who in the depth chart is leading Beisel.

In the Pats Depth chart he is behing Bruschi.

Find me a depth chart where Beisel is the starter.

In the SB. (thank god I know what that is due to your link) Hayes has more Tackles than Beisel. Who in the depth chart is leading Beisel.

In the Pats Depth chart he is behing Bruschi.
    Are you brain dead? We aren't talking about who had more tackles. Beisel was the starter at ILB in the Super Bowl. Go to the starting lineups portion of the link. Or go watch the game and see who's on the field for the first defensive series.

For the Pats, I provided you a link. I know it's hard for someone as "special" as you, but all you have to do is click on it and it opens up. After it does, you can read where it states that Beisel was the opening day starter at ILB for the Pats.

I've met mushrooms who knew more about football than you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast