Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 3 New players

Default 3 New players

According to KCChiefs.com we signed 3 new players.

WRs Engram, and Terrance Cooper
    LB Monty Beisel

Kansas City Chiefs - Kansas City Agrees to Terms with Three Players

What the hell is it going to take for you to admit that beisel has been a backup all his career. Here in KC, in NE and Arizona.

If Bruschi was out with an injury. Then evidentaly Monte was his Backup which is why he played.

Lay off the Shrooms!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    OK, seriously. shut up. This is getting ridiculous. Who cares who started for the Pats in 2005? this is the most assinine conversation ever. You guys sound like a couple of 6 year olds. At least try and be funny when you insult each other.
    Fine. My whole point is, like when I first brought this up.

Is Beisel is not starter material.

He is back up/ Special team material.

If he was that good he wouldnt have to bounce around from team to team.

He fills the special team holes.

His most productive season was here, as a backup, in the 4-3.

My personal belief..

If we draft Curry, Beisel does not start in week 1.

If we draft anyone else, Beisel starts in week 1.

unless of course Pioli finds someone else between now and then capable of playing ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Find me a depth chart where Beisel is the starter.

In the SB. (thank god I know what that is due to your link) Hayes has more Tackles than Beisel. Who in the depth chart is leading Beisel.

In the Pats Depth chart he is behing Bruschi.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Are you brain dead? We aren't talking about who had more tackles. Beisel was the starter at ILB in the Super Bowl. Go to the starting lineups portion of the link. Or go watch the game and see who's on the field for the first defensive series.

For the Pats, I provided you a link. I know it's hard for someone as "special" as you, but all you have to do is click on it and it opens up. After it does, you can read where it states that Beisel was the opening day starter at ILB for the Pats.

I've met mushrooms who knew more about football than you.
    Cut it out you two.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    he has been the best player in the draft now for more than a week. He has been that since the end of the collage games. What he did in the combine just layered it in gold.

Pioli will do the right thing with the first pick. its his legacy, and he will always be linked to him.
    He was expected to go between 5-15 when the season ended.

I won't be irate if we take him. But I will not approve.

True. It's more of a gut call than anything. I don't see Franklin being part of Pioli's long term plans. He's a small, breakable speedy receiver who doesn't play a part of the return game. Not a Pioli (or Haley, for that matter) type at all.

And everyone complaining because they think a guy like Biesel is washed up - he was a starting LB on a SB team last year. He clearly has something left in the tank. Guys like Roman Phifer were thought washed up journeymen, and Pioli turned them into SB starters.

Biesel and Vrabel will be our ILBs in 2009. DJ will be one OLB. Our other OLB will either be a draft pick (Curry, maybe), Demorrio Williams, or maybe a converted DE. I still think there's a very, very good chance we go Raji at 3 to get our NT of the future.

Our team is moving in the right direction. We're getting cheap, savvy vets to fill in our talent-deprived roster instead of trying to use a bunch of 6th rounders and undrafted guys. We're not overpaying for the likes of Devard Darling and Demorrio Williams.

The Chiefs are getting better this offseason. You have to be blind not to see it.
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least, if Herms players get treated the way Herm treated Vermiels players.

If I were a player on The Chiefs, who was drafted by Herm Edwards, I would be very worried about my future.

As for this statement...

The Chiefs are getting better this offseason. You have to be blind not to see it.
    Getting better than 2-14 is nothing.

I don't see them getting good yet.

Both the O-line and the D-line are the same as they were last season.

Obviously, that can still change alot.

And with Pioli having gotten his QB, I fully expect him to get some protection for him.

Haley is all about the offense. So I expect him to be on board with that notion as well.

I feel pretty confident that we will go OT with the 3rd pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I feel pretty confident that we will go OT with the 3rd pick in the draft.
    I feel myself starting to bounce off of the Curry wagon.(still on but barely) It would be good to get Monroe or Smith-trade down and get a lineman and a LB, however it shakes out. We'll all find out in 36 days!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    We have a load of money but the season upcoming isn't the only thing we have to think about. We will not become a SB contender in 1 offseason infact, I see this being atleast 3 years and Pioli isn't going to spend up all of his cap room this offseason and put us in danger of needing to unload some of our signings from this offseason next year or the next after just to get cap room. The bottom line is he has to leave enough room to be able to get the players we need on a 3 year plan. This is my thought on why he isn't going after a big name not to mention that usually those big names get a pay day then more times then not don't pay off in the end. So supplimentally we have money now but we also need the money down the road.;)
    perfect

Franklin's going to be cut or placed on practice squad this summer. Bowe, Engram, Bradley, and Copper (in that order) will be our WRs.
    Franklin? What makes you say that? It would make sense though. Pioli is bringing in players he wants. He is probably going to purge all our previous WR's for all his WR's. Sad. I really liked Franklin, being a huge Missouri fan and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Franklin? What makes you say that? It would make sense though. Pioli is bringing in players he wants. He is probably going to purge all our previous WR's for all his WR's. Sad. I really liked Franklin, being a huge Missouri fan and all.
    Why would they keep him? Small, breakable players, no matter how fast, really aren't Pioli type players. Especially ones that don't play in the return game. We brought in guys like Engram and Copper specifically because of that. And we do have a lot of WRs already on the roster.

I think they give Franklin pre-season to show something. If he doesn't, I think it's the practice squad (or worse) for him.

Im not positive, but I think Franklin was active for too many games to be eligible for P.S...maybe not, I think K-Rob is probably the more likely cut...Franklin just looked lost, much like a lot of guys did last season...hopefully Engram, and others, can take these guys under their wing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456