Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3 New players

Default 3 New players

According to KCChiefs.com we signed 3 new players.

WRs Engram, and Terrance Cooper
    LB Monty Beisel

Kansas City Chiefs - Kansas City Agrees to Terms with Three Players

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Now imagine getting a top-notch OT, of which there is a variety available at the top of this draft.

You improve the LOT spot, and you get last years top OG prospect to play at RG.
    I agree with this. I'm not 'completely' sold on anyone at the top of the draft outside of the 3 LT prospects (I like Curry and Orakpo don't get me wrong and wouldn't have a problem taking them).

I think you could also feasibly look at a scenario where the Chiefs draft a Eugene Monroe stick him at LT, move Albert to LG, ship Waters out to another team and recoup some picks in the draft, draft a Center in the 2nd, shift Niswanger to RG, and use a latter round draft choice/FA/Undrafted rookie pick up to throw in some competition with McIntosh and you're looking at an Offensive line thats set to dominate in whatever offensive scheme for the next decade.

Just random musing...

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He has only been the best player in the draft for about a week now.

When the season ended, he was a fringe top-ten guy.
    he has been the best player in the draft now for more than a week. He has been that since the end of the collage games. What he did in the combine just layered it in gold.

Pioli will do the right thing with the first pick. its his legacy, and he will always be linked to him.

I also think we will get Curry if hes avail. simply because (I think) its Piolis way drafting defensive players high.

Not sure of their total draft hist. But I know they drafted Mayo 1st last year and another LB in the 3rd. Plus I think of Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour.

Curry just seems to be the big D name.

Both biesel and cooper are very good special teams players. I would be very suprisedif the chiefs don't have some of the best special teams this year. Paoli is doing an outstanding job in correcting those ares.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    How can you be sure of what they will do with 9 WRs on the roster?
    True. It's more of a gut call than anything. I don't see Franklin being part of Pioli's long term plans. He's a small, breakable speedy receiver who doesn't play a part of the return game. Not a Pioli (or Haley, for that matter) type at all.

And everyone complaining because they think a guy like Biesel is washed up - he was a starting LB on a SB team last year. He clearly has something left in the tank. Guys like Roman Phifer were thought washed up journeymen, and Pioli turned them into SB starters.

Biesel and Vrabel will be our ILBs in 2009. DJ will be one OLB. Our other OLB will either be a draft pick (Curry, maybe), Demorrio Williams, or maybe a converted DE. I still think there's a very, very good chance we go Raji at 3 to get our NT of the future.

Our team is moving in the right direction. We're getting cheap, savvy vets to fill in our talent-deprived roster instead of trying to use a bunch of 6th rounders and undrafted guys. We're not overpaying for the likes of Devard Darling and Demorrio Williams.

The Chiefs are getting better this offseason. You have to be blind not to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    So, we now have 9 recievers on our roster. If we went into the season tomorrow who would our starters be?
    Bowe, Bradley and Engram? Didn't they just re-sign Webb? This is very confusing. I'd rather have two good recievers than 1 good one and 8 mediocre-bad.
    ROGER THAT!

I am not sold on Raji, he makes me think of this kid I knew in High school that was always hanging out down by the auto shop trying to pick fights with the kids that smoked pot at lunch time everyday . He might be a awsome college player but I have to wonder if he is as good as his hype. As for Biesel I totally agree with you , he is a good solid player that doesn't get alot of press coverage because he he doesn't have a huge ego and usually doesn't go after big money as well as being the starter for the Cards last year in the SB. Great pick up for us and if we do get Curry he will learn from 2 journey men for sure.
    Glad you agree about Biesel. I can't believe people are down on these signings. We're getting quality vets for cheap at positions of great need. How is this in any way a bad thing?

As for Raji, whenever Pioli had a high pick with the Pats he always used it on DL: Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, etc. He spent the pick last year on OJ Mayo, simply because the Pats are stacked on the DL (Ty Warren, Seymour, Jarvis Green, and Wilfork). I don't see him deviating from that in this draft, especially because we don't have any proven 3-4 DL right now. Hell, our 4-3 DL is one of the worst in the league. I think he's going to trade down with a team that wants Curry (Browns are my bet) and pick Raji at 5.

That being said, if we get Curry at 3, it won't exactly break my heart. He's going to be a good/great LB in this league.

Whats all this talk about Beisel being a starter?

Theres a reason we got rid of him.

theres a reason Pats got rid of him.

theres a reason Cards didnt retain him.

Hes not a starter! He was never a starter. Only a backup and special teamer. And thats exactly what he will do here......hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Whats all this talk about Beisel being a starter?

Theres a reason we got rid of him.

theres a reason Pats got rid of him.

theres a reason Cards didnt retain him.

Hes not a starter! He was never a starter. Only a backup and special teamer. And thats exactly what he will do here......hopefully.
    He started in the SB last year. He started with the Pats in 2005 and Arizona in 2007.

As we have only two real LBs (Vrabel and DJ), I think Beisel's chances of being a starter for the Chiefs next year are pretty good.

We got rid of Beisel because CP was an idiot, who thought he could get the same production at the LB spot with anyone. Which is why he let guys like Beisel and Kawika Mitchell go and put guys like Pat Thomas and the corpse of Donnie Edwards in their places.

These are people that can help us out now. Pioli sure is doing a great job of putting a team together that will make an impact in the upcoming season, glad to see Monty back as he is one of those guys that always seems to be in the right place at the right time. We still have time and may get Pace but I dunno if Pioli wants Holt, he may be to much of a cost factor.
    Money means nothing to Pioli right now. We have plenty. Even with Cassel and the #3 pick we still have enough money to get a high-end player, if there was any. We could definately use Pace, but as much as I like and want Holt, we have signed 3 WR's this offseason, so he isn't an option.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast