Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Faces and Names

Default Faces and Names

Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Don't talk to me anymore.
    You're just pissed that a short guy can play football!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You're just pissed that a short guy can play football!

I hope you aren't referring to yourself!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I hope you aren't referring to yourself!!
    I've got a laser, rocket arm!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

No offense to Canada (the person or the country) but Flutie should not have been relegated to the CFL, for some reason no one in the NFL was smart enough to see how much of a stud Flutie was. If he would have been in the NFL he would have set all kinds of records. Makes me think that I should watch more of the CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    No offense to Canada (the person or the country) but Flutie should not have been relegated to the CFL, for some reason no one in the NFL was smart enough to see how much of a stud Flutie was. If he would have been in the NFL he would have set all kinds of records. Makes me think that I should watch more of the CFL.
    the football is not as bad as u might think. Not the NFL, but it is something to watch before the season starts.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

the football is not as bad as u might think. Not the NFL, but it is something to watch before the season starts.
    Im sure it isn't but it seems like it is kinda a farm league. The stigma is that if you cant cut it in the NFL you go to Canada, or you go to Europe which is now gone.

Seems like the minor league or something and Flutie had major league talent. But then I am sure that so do a lot of others in Canada. Casey Printers ... one of the names off the top of my head. Didn't Warren Moon play quite a while in the CFL?

I think Flutie and Moon set records in the CFL didn't they?

Yeah Warren Moon played in the CFL, and had his good years with the Edmonton Eskimos.

Another player that i can name that played in the CFL for a bit, that now plays for the Redskins is Mike Sellers, who played for my beloved Blue Bombers for a bit, and is now a main guy in that running game with Portis and Betts.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I think Flutie and Moon set records in the CFL didn't they?
    If I remember correctly, most teams in the NFL didn't want Moon as a QB simply because he was black and people still didn't think blacks could play QB. They wanted him for other positions, but he stuck to his guns and went to the CFL where he could play QB. Does anyone else remember that? I thought I read it in SI years ago.

EDIT:

I thought so. Check out the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Moon
    Last edited by prough91; 01-07-2008 at 12:29 AM.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Yeah there was a stigma attached to black QB's.

I think Doug Williams changed all of that with the SB win with the Redskins.