Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cassel for Cutler

Default Cassel for Cutler

Thoughts on a trade like this?
    I would be all for it

No thanks. Even if it made sense, ANY player who's under contract and tries to hold his team hostage in the media never gets a positive from me...IMO...IMO...IMO..!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetski View Post
    This is just my personal opinion, and the guy might be an outstanding person, but he just looks like a punk. Every time I see him I just cringe. I would never root for him as a chief, and would be very angry if something like that happened.

Never judge a book by it's cover...

Quote Originally Posted by 127markaz View Post
    No thanks. Even if it made sense, ANY player who's under contract and tries to hold his team hostage in the media never gets a positive from me...IMO...IMO...IMO..!
    Please tell me how he tried to hold them hostage???

The owner tells Cutler he is the guy... HE is their franchise Pro Bowl QB, then JM was actively "seeking" trades, then lied to him about about it!!

Cutler was pissed and decided to wait and cool off before meeting in person. They met and nothing got accomplished but JM is way more at fault because he said he wanted to work with Cutler from the start. To be honest, there are probably PLENTY of teams that would liek to have him on their roster.

I don't see the whining on this one...What I see is a very good up and coming star QB got "punked" by the new, ****y HC.

If Cutler goes elsewhere, I will do whatever I can to see him play against the Broncs and assert his revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Never judge a book by it's cover...
    I know, I know, I just can't help it with this guy. Maybe its the uniform he wears!

Pioli has the player he wanted. If he had wanted Cutler he would have worked out a three way deal to get him like the Bucs were trying to do.

I don't think I want him. I don't agree that Cutler is a cancer, and I do believe he will play very hard against Denver, wherever he ends up, but I saw some very very bad play out of Cutler this year which makes me wonder where his head is.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

NO! ok guys heres the deal...If it was a one person team sport hell ya but its not. The Chiefs are working on building a TEAM here. Cassel will have a good winning record and bring out the most in his teammates and earn respect. Maybe arm strength is not that of Cutler. Maybe he doesnt have some of the qualities Cutler has but was Lenny D physically better than Fran T or Johnny U? The quarterback position is a field general more than just a individual warrior. I for one want someone who will help build a championship team not someone who will just help maybe get us to the playoffs then choke and cry about it and then blame the coaches or other people for his own failures. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT DENVER WANTED CASSEL! Like it or not the Donkeys have been sucessful over the years and especially against the Chiefs. They saw somthing that they liked and that McDaniels liked and tried to pull the strings to get him in D town. Lets ride this one and enjoy having someone that could really be special. He has played with Tom Brady who is the best. He has played for BB who is one of the best now. Nough said.

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

No way we trade Cassel for Cutler. Why help the Donk's get out of this cluster**** they have created? Not to mention, who wants a whiney little ***** like Cutler leading thier team. Just enjoy watching the Donks implode.

there will be no cassel for cutler trade, makes no sense, pioli thinks he is the next tom brady

you might see cutler to detroit for the #1 pick, win/win
    detroit gets a franchise qb, denvr trades the unhappy qb for the pick of the draft qb...stafford or sanchez and use simms for starters until the rookie is ready.

the jets really would luv cutler but don't have much to offer.

cleveland should trade both their qb's for cutler just to end their qb controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    there will be no cassel for cutler trade, makes no sense, pioli thinks he is the next tom brady

you might see cutler to detroit for the #1 pick, win/win
    detroit gets a franchise qb, denvr trades the unhappy qb for the pick of the draft qb...stafford or sanchez and use simms for starters until the rookie is ready.

the jets really would luv cutler but don't have much to offer.

cleveland should trade both their qb's for cutler just to end their qb controversy.
    I would love to see Cutler get traded for someones # 1 pick, there's a 50/50 chance whoever they draft to replace him will be a bust. Plus it will eat up cap space, this could hurt the Donks for years to come.

Personally I think Cutler would be a huge upgrade at the QB position. Add in the fact that he would have a personal grudge to beat the Broncos twice a year and I think he could be a great QB for the Chiefs. It will never happen though. Pioli has his guy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast