Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: maybe defensive coaching doesn't matter

Default maybe defensive coaching doesn't matter

I'd argue Pendergast could be blamed for AZ's loss at the superbowl last year. he's proven he's mediocre...but maybe he'll get lucky w/ the Chiefs. This is cronyism at its finest IMHO but I digress.

****maybe defensive coaching is more about the players and less about the coaching.****

off the top of my head...
    Romeo - supposedly good DC but team was fine without him.
    Marvin Lewis (good DC, then head coach that couldn't spell D)..and the Ravens were fine without him.
    Buddy Ryan...got a lot of credit but had great players
    Gunther - was a genius when he had DT and Neil and decent cast down in Tenn. but otherwise pretty average.
    the list goes on...

maybe defensive coaching doesn't matter.

maybe so.

Arizona's defense did not lose the game. Pittsburgh's defense won it.

Coaching matters, but you've got to have good players also. The Chiefs could have been better the last few years if Herm would have let Gunther run the defense. The coaching change alone will help this defense tremendously. Mix in Vrable, and possibly a high draft pick, I think this will be a much better defense.

I agree with coach! What brought the Cards to the SB in the first place? It wasn't just the offense. I am very glad to have him.

Coach and Tammie, ya know we're family and I love ya but I have to disagree with ya, I feel with the points the Cards put up had there D done it's job they could have won that game. Granted, the Int towards the end did not help but also he should have never gotten as far as he did. Don't get me worng, I have nothing but faith in the new crew that Pioli has assembled and I have a very good feeling about this next season but I do believe the D played a big part in the Cards loss....

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    I'd argue Pendergast could be blamed for AZ's loss at the superbowl last year. he's proven he's mediocre...but maybe he'll get lucky w/ the Chiefs. This is cronyism at its finest IMHO but I digress.

****maybe defensive coaching is more about the players and less about the coaching.****

off the top of my head...
    Romeo - supposedly good DC but team was fine without him.
    Marvin Lewis (good DC, then head coach that couldn't spell D)..and the Ravens were fine without him.
    Buddy Ryan...got a lot of credit but had great players
    Gunther - was a genius when he had DT and Neil and decent cast down in Tenn. but otherwise pretty average.
    the list goes on...

maybe defensive coaching doesn't matter.
    So what would you say to Atlanta Caolina and Philly? that they just fell on their faces? He coached great in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    No the Refs, reffed them at the end and Pitt just manned up when they had to. None of that was Pendergast's fault. He did his job most of the second half of the SB and kept them in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

EXACTLY ! I mean whena linebacker runs back the longest play of the game.... It was Steelers D that won that game hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Coach and Tammie, ya know we're family and I love ya but I have to disagree with ya, I feel with the points the Cards put up had there D done it's job they could have won that game. Granted, the Int towards the end did not help but also he should have never gotten as far as he did. Don't get me worng, I have nothing but faith in the new crew that Pioli has assembled and I have a very good feeling about this next season but I do believe the D played a big part in the Cards loss....

Yeah but before this season think about the Defense of the cards and you could probably only name one person adn that would of been Wilson but after this season when the guys have been under Pendy for awhile they really showed they are not a joke and the apperance of many good defenders emerged. I think Pendy has a better cast here with KC just needs a few more points I almost wish we could trade down and get a couple late first rounders and go after Lauranitis , Maluga and with another first or early second take a prospect DE then we can fill two needs instead of just one but I will stick with this saying If Curry is at number 3 no questions asked he becomes a chief.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Please read this slowly everyone as it is so true that it hurts as you read it,
    Defense Wins Championships!!!!
    You better hope your wrong then, because many people think that we didnt get a very good defesive coach in Pendergast. And we have a Offesive minded HC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast