Thread: Chiefs acquired a LB from Cinci

Default Chiefs acquired a LB from Cinci

I was just checking the free agency moves by the Chiefs, and didn't see a thread here for this guy. Looks like the Chiefs picked up a player named COREY MAYS from Cincinnati.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I was just checking the free agency moves by the Chiefs, and didn't see a thread here for this guy. Looks like the Chiefs picked up a player named COREY MAYS from Cincinnati.

jb
    Originally signed by the Patriots out of South Bend, then picked up as FA by the Bengals. Very little LB playing time at either place. Another special teams player with Patroit ties.

Thanks Chris! When I was first watching the Chiefs, he was just drafted, and I really got to liking him the more I watched the team. Got an autograph from him a long time ago that somehow got lost in several moves over the years. :(

I still remember watching his big TD fumble return in the pro bowl that one year- cool!

But on this Mays guy, I was checking, and he's pretty darn underwhelming.

JB

Default From kcchiefs.com

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

jb
    CHIEFS AGREE TO TERMS WITH LB COREY MAYS

MAR 13, 2009, 9:01:15 AM

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Friday that the club has agreed to terms with free agent LB Corey Mays.
    Mays (6-1, 245) has played in 32 games (one start) during his three-year career with New England (2006-07) and Cincinnati (2007-08). He has produced 16 tackles (seven solo), a forced fumble, one fumble recovery and 38 special teams tackles. He originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with New England in 2006.
    The Notre Dame product played in 46 games (13 starts) for the Fighting Irish, totaling 113 tackles (60 solo), 7.0 sacks, four forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and two passes defensed. He opened all 12 games as a senior, recording a career-high 68 tackles (33 solo), 10.5 stops behind the line, 4.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and two passes defensed. He was a second-team All-America selection by USA Today as a senior at Morgan Park High School in Chicago, Illinois when he tallied 144 tackles and 5.0 sacks.