Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Detriot figured out who they want..maybe

Default Detriot figured out who they want..maybe

Rumor from another website form a source, says they are looking toward Jason Smith OT from Baylor.

Any thoughts?

I think this would be good if its true. Cause pretty much we can guarentee Curry will be there.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Rumor from another website form a source, says they are looking toward Jason Smith OT from Baylor.

Any thoughts?

I think this would be good if its true. Cause pretty much we can guarentee Curry will be there.
    I read the same article. I have the impression they are talking with the agents of three diffrent players, trying to get leverage in drafting who they really want. they'll let everyone know before the end of the month.

Any thoughts?

People need to stop the Curry love. When was the last time a top-5 LB turned out to be worth the pick? DT. And Curry's no DT.

Smart move by the Lions. Smith will anchor their line for the next decade. They can go QB either with the 20th pick (if Josh Freeman is there), they can go with more OL (Duke Robinson or Alex Mack), or they can go LB/DL.

They have enough holes on the team that any they can pick the best player on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    People need to stop the Curry love. When was the last time a top-5 LB turned out to be worth the pick? DT. And Curry's no DT.
    So who do you want them to pick?
    Our defense is our weak spot and has been. We need go defensive players. Especially at Linebacker or Dline.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

So who do you want them to pick?
    Our defense is our weak spot and has been. We need go defensive players. Especially at Linebacker or Dline.
    The obvious answer is trade down, but we all know that's a long shot.

I think Raji at NT or Smith/Monroe at LT (should they drop) are better picks.

I just don't see the fuss about Curry. He's a versatile LB that can play the 3-4 or 4-3. He's great against the run. He's going to be a very good to great LB in the league. He's a safe pick in that respect.

But he's a LB. Like safeties, CBs, WRs, RBs, and TEs, I think LBs are very bad players to draft high. A LB is usually replaceable (not under Herm/CP, sure, but they were idiots). It's usually a bad idea to sink too much money in that position.

Am I missing someone, or has there been a good LB taken in the top-5 since DT? And DT was a pass-rushing LB that could rack up sacks. Curry isn't, which isn't a knock against him, but he isn't that guy.

Where I could see us getting a very good LB in the 3rd round - someone who could start at OLB from day 1 - I don't see us getting a LT or NT there.

And I just think a NT is a bigger need for us than LB, should Smith/Monroe go 1 and 2. Right now, we have no one on the DL who I trust in the 4-3, much less the 3-4. Dorsey isn't a NT (he's barely big enough to be a 4-3 DT), and I'll never understand why Tank has defenders on this board. I just don't see us having a lot of choices here.

Even in its cobbled state, a 3-4 LB corps of DJ/Vrabel/Beisel/Williams would be adequate (not good, but adequate) to get us through 2009. A 3-4 DL of Dorsey/Tank/Hali isn't. A 4-3 DL of Dorsey/Tank/Hali/Draft pick isn't, if we decide we can't move to the 3-4 this season. Teams will just run on us, wearing our LBs out and controlling the clock unless we get a big DT in the middle of that line.

Our DL in 2008 was the worst of all time. This isn't exaggeration. We couldn't rush the passer or stop the run. As good as Curry is (and don't get me wrong, he is good), he isn't going to be able to fix that problem. A big NT like Raji could go a long way to helping our DL look respectable in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I agree with most of what you say except I am not sold on Raji. I would like to think he is the guy that can turn our Defense around . Time will tell what happens but I am starting to think we don't need to have a LB with the aquiring of Vrabel and Beisel.
    At the very least, we can draft a starting LB in the 3rd or 4th rounds, if we're not sold on Beisel being a starter.

In all of this Curry excitement, people have forgotten how miserable our DL players are. Even if Dorsey takes the leap into being a Warren Sapp style DT (he was never drafted to be a space eating DT), our run defense would still be a sieve. We need big, heavy guys to anchor our DL before anything else.

Big heavy guys are allgood as long as they don't end up lookin like William Perry did at the end of his career and Raji makes me think of that type of guy. He looks good now but if he don't keep his regiment up he could end up as a fat body that doesn't stop shlt. That is why I looked at Brown as he is a in shape guy that looks like he works out and will keep working out , he is fast and without injury will stay fast. I guess we will see what happens , Pioli and Haley haven't had Raji to the practice facility for a work out yet so I would say they are looking at Brown and same with Curry , he hasn't made a visit either. Usually men that visit get a position if they look good.
    If Raji tirns out to be half as good as The Fridge, we'd be nuts to miss out on him. I'd be happy if Raji ended getting a TD for us in the SB before his body went to pot.

LMMFATFSO!!!!!!! Maybe The Fridge was a bad choice but I think you know what I mean. Besides our GM and HC havn't looked at him at all , atleast it hasn't been reported.
    Pioli has a saucerful of secrets!!
    SHUT IT

The fact of the matter is we could use help from almost all of the guys we've mentioned here. The team must see Everette Brown as the top pass rushing LB in the draft. Curry has the speed but didnt play in a defense that brought a have a heavy pass rush from his position. A valid point you made was the fact that if Raji's off the board where are we gonna get a 3-4 NT first off, and we could def. use help at DT I also am not sold on Tank. Raji looked like a freak at the combine, his pro day, and the senior bowl. I dont see how we go outside of Raji, Curry, one of the tackles, or part of me would love to see this offense with Crabtree. But if we take Crabtree I realize we still need to shore up the OLine.
    I am more excited about this off season than I have been in a long time.

I want the draft to be here and over with! Who ever we draft! Lets get a Chief!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast