Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizonas Offensive and Defensive Coordinator Running our Team

Default Arizonas Offensive and Defensive Coordinator Running our Team

Well, we have the offensive and defensive coordinator of a 9-7 team. I guess that leaves the difference in the rosters. Do we have a better roster than Arizona had last year? If its worse, are we worse, or will we be different? Maybe Chan Gailey is the exception. Whats your opinion?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Nah, I think Arizona's a little better.

Don't forget Pioli in this mix.. He will be doing all he can to make sure this team will work out. Hopefully he will continue to try and emulate some of what made it work in NE. :)

As long as carl and herm are gone, I don't care who's running it. Once we make some moves on OL and DL, we'll be OK. I think we have bright spots, but until the lines are set, we're in trouble.

IMO, AZ's got the better talent.
    Defense appears most vulnerable. Pendergast only became a star in the playoffs and the SB. His D gave up HUGE points and big plays all season. Whisenhunt didn't cut him loose because he's the best DC in the league.

Pioli in the mix is a big factor plus Haley is now a HC, with a good draft and the talent we already have and some real coaching, I see good things happening this year.

If your basing things strictly on talent, Az has the advantage hands down at almost every position. Pioli in the mix may affect things but this year will still be a learning process. I wouldn't expect too much.

I expect the coaches and players to be CHIEFS!!!!!

I am extremely worried about it.

The Cards were 9-7 in the only division that was actually worse than the AFC West was this season.

Prior to that, they were 5-11 in each of the previous two seasons.

The Cards' defense was horrible, until the last four games. Where they weren't amazing. But they were pretty good.

They haven't had a running game in one and a half eternities.

Many people will see nothing but the Super Bowl Arizona Cardinals. But that is a very thin (Four games) layer of perfume, on a very fat (19-29) pig.

Of course, there are plenty of holes that can be pointed out. Like these guys weren't even there for all of that pig portion.

Or that these guys did get the piss-poor Cardinals to the playoffs, then to The Super Bowl.

But I don't think that The Cardinals got much better. Just that the rest of that division got far worse.

Having said all of that, I don't hold the new staff responsible for the recent history of The Cardinals. But I don't really see a way to hold them too responsible for getting The Cards to The Super Bowl, either.

Hopefully, they will find success here. Rather that be through the type of changes that I would like to see made, or through running things in the opposite direction.

I've been through three straight seasons of poor football and have to grant at least one more to an all-new staff.

So, hopefully, these guys will be able to create a winner form what has been leftover from the previous staff.

Some how.

Some way.

Just give me something to really cheer about again.

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am extremely worried about it.

The Cards were 9-7 in the only division that was actually worse than the AFC West was this season.

Prior to that, they were 5-11 in each of the previous two seasons.

The Cards' defense was horrible, until the last four games. Where they weren't amazing. But they were pretty good.

They haven't had a running game in one and a half eternities.

Many people will see nothing but the Super Bowl Arizona Cardinals. But that is a very thin (Four games) layer of perfume, on a very fat (19-29) pig.

Of course, there are plenty of holes that can be pointed out. Like these guys weren't even there for all of that pig portion.

Or that these guys did get the piss-poor Cardinals to the playoffs, then to The Super Bowl.

But I don't think that The Cardinals got much better. Just that the rest of that division got far worse.

Having said all of that, I don't hold the new staff responsible for the recent history of The Cardinals. But I don't really see a way to hold them too responsible for getting The Cards to The Super Bowl, either.

Hopefully, they will find success here. Rather that be through the type of changes that I would like to see made, or through running things in the opposite direction.

I've been through three straight seasons of poor football and have to grant at least one more to an all-new staff.

So, hopefully, these guys will be able to create a winner form what has been leftover from the previous staff.

Some how.

Some way.

Just give me something to really cheer about again.

Please.
    I'm worried, too. Cards D ranked middle of the road yards allowed last year under Pendergast. Haley never been a head coach. Pioli never been THEE man. We were 2-14 last year.
    But the good thing is we got some hungry young leadership to right this sunk ship. We really have nowhere to go but up.
    That being said, I believe we are watching a dynasty being built before our very eyes.
    Enjoy the ride!!!!
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast