Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a job in the NFL

Hybrid View

Default I want a job in the NFL

What kinda of jobs can I get with what kinda of degrees?

Maybe I would be playing college ball, but I am small than Darren Sproles.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

NFL venues all over the US are in constant need of ticket takers, beer and consession venders as well as grounds keepers; and, let's not forget sanitation egineers. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    NFL venues all over the US are in constant need of ticket takers, beer and consession venders as well as grounds keepers; and, let's not forget sanitation egineers. j/k
    I was but though better, so I will not.

Well I was kinda hoping I could get a job dealing with the players or player personal. I have already did security once, and I didn't care for it. ;)
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

:| ..

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Well I was kinda hoping I could get a job dealing with the players or player personal. I have already did security once, and I didn't care for it. ;)
    ...Just messin with ya.

...Just messin with ya.
    I would like to employed either:
    1. as a quality control engineer at Blvd Brewery, or
    2: as a professional mattress analizer at Serta
    SHUT IT

My manager actually did his internship with the Chiefs I think during the 04-06 season. He did a lot of marketing work but did actually meet Lamar Hunt and worked directly with King Carl. He has tons of good stories. He did get to meet the players quite a bit too. He also wrote some articles that he had published in a chiefs magazine. He did say that it was too hard on the family and his family is young.

You need to find a University that offers a BBA in Sports Management. Then, continue your education and get your MBA in the same field. Take ANY internship you can find in pro sports. Don't limit yourself to JUST the NFL. ANY pro experience will help build your resume. Try to supplement your degree with a football education from the University. Talk to the coach or AD and see what you can do to gain the education that players and coaches get WITHOUT having to play (if you're not a player).

I'm currently doing all these things at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio and will be done with my bachelors in one year and got accepted to a program that allows me to get my masters in just one additional year. The business dept. dean at my school has major hookups with Tom Benson, Red McCombs and Peter Holt. She's told me that she can find me an internship with either the Saints or Spurs.

I would STRONGLY suggest my school for this particular major because of all the ties to pro sports team owners like Benson (Saints), McCombs (former Vikings/Spurs owner), and Holt (Spurs owner), who have ALL contributed LARGE amounts of money to our University. In fact, the football stadium is called Tom Benson Stadium. Three buildings on campus have McCombs' name on it.

If you can't attend my University, try to find a university with STRONG professional sports ties.

Depends on what you want. If you want to coach, try to coach high school ball, work your way to juco, work your way to a university, and then work your way to the pros.

If its conditioning and weight room, get your college degree in such and start applying your way up, starting at juco or a small college.

If its front office, good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast