Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh off the Wire! Tony G. wants out, if the right deal can be made!

Default Fresh off the Wire! Tony G. wants out, if the right deal can be made!

Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Contrary to remarks by Kansas City owner Clark Hunt, Tony Gonzalez wants to be traded if the right deal can be made, a person close to the Pro Bowl tight end told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
    Asking not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the subject, the person said Gonzalez was surprised that Hunt had said the Chiefs were definitely not going to trade their 10-time Pro Bowler.
    "If the right deal can be made, Tony very much wants the Chiefs to trade him," the person said. "Tony is not demanding a trade. Tony cherishes the time he's spent with the Chiefs and he loves the way he's always been treated by the fans there. But he knows of some other teams that would be interested in him and if the right deal can be made, he wants it to be made."
    A Chiefs spokesman said Hunt could not be immediately reached. At the owners' meeting in Dana Point, Calif., on Monday, Hunt said the Chiefs had decided not to deal Gonzalez, whose many NFL records includes the most catches, yards receiving and touchdown receptions by a tight end.
    "We certainly will not seek a trade for Tony," Hunt told The Kansas City Star. "I think he's excited about the changes we've made here. I think he recognizes that with Todd [Haley] as the head coach, we're going to have an exciting offense and one that will feature the passing game."
    Since the end of a 2-14 season, the Chiefs have installed Scott Pioli as general manager and Haley as head coach.
    The 33-year-old Gonzalez asked to be traded last October. But then-general manager Carl Peterson said no team that Gonzalez was willing to go to made a good enough offer.
    The only tight end in NFL history selected to 10 Pro Bowls, Gonzalez was usually double-teamed last year but still caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards and 10 touchdowns. He plans on playing at least one more season and possibly two.
    "If the Chiefs can't make a deal with the right team, then Tony will be fine with that," The AP was told. "He is not demanding a trade. But if the right deal can be made, he very much would like to be traded."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

That's so depressing I'm not sure I can believe it!!!!!!

The media has morphed his words.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Who gives a damn, its not about what Tony wants, its about what Clark, Scott, and Haley want. Im so sick of this is he or isnt he wanting to be a chief. Until the day he is traded or retires, Tony is a chief, and lets just be happy that he still is a chief.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    BTW , I hate to double post but this is to contridict this story.
    Gonzo to stay in KC!!!!! - Page 2 - Kansas City Chiefs Forums
    Good point............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZXZBC6BZQ"]YouTube - Top 10 N.F.L. Tight Ends of 2008[/ame]

He stays a Chief, or we better get a dang good deal.

We wouldnt be signing these guys to 2 year deals who are over 33 if we didnt plan to try to keep our talent for a run at the division...just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    This is from a person close to the Pro Bowl tight end told The Associated Press on Tuesday. That means if Tony G didn't say it or Pioli isn't looking for someone to trade with him for something then why the hell does this keep getting pushed. I wish that Pioli would just let TG state what the hell he is gonna do so we can stop the horse crap soap opera. IMO this is nothing more than crap being spread around between the 2 butt cheeks of a news man trying to get a made up story out. STOP PRINTING PEICE OF CRAP STORIES!!!!!!! Damn man why can't they go get a real story rather than reporting untrthfull stuff like this?????
    This reporter keeps repeating a one line sentance that some dude that knows TG from the Super market or something said, who the hell is their source? If the reporter can't say who the source is then it is likely not true nor is it even believable. If TG's rep had stated this, then it wouldhold more water, but simple as it is, they got the story from someone that says they know him and he is saying something TG said back at the end of the season when frackinCP was still running stuff. This is a dead story and Clark Hunt says they won't deal Tony , period. Why would they deal the best TE ever in the history of the game? The only way I will believe he wants out is if I see his Rep is making statements , Pioli is making statements or TG himself is making the statement. Anyone else and it is just horse crap stories to get a story in print cuz they can't find anything else to report on the man.
    Im liking this post:)

Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post
    We wouldnt be signing these guys to 2 year deals who are over 33 if we didnt plan to try to keep our talent for a run at the division...just a thought.
    You might argue that we didn't have much choice, given that seven draft picks can only go so far to filling the dozen+ holes on the team. Goff isn't a piece of a championship run as much as an admission that we have too many holes to spend a draft pick at C.

I think we're going to try for the division, in the sense that we're not going to put Casey Printers in at QB any series. But if we win eight games, I think everyone (Pioli included) has to consider the season a success.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You might argue that we didn't have much choice, given that seven draft picks can only go so far to filling the dozen+ holes on the team. Goff isn't a piece of a championship run as much as an admission that we have too many holes to spend a draft pick at C.

I think we're going to try for the division, in the sense that we're not going to put Casey Printers in at QB any series. But if we win eight games, I think everyone (Pioli included) has to consider the season a success.
    I think I must agree with the highlighted underlined sentence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast