Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old throwbacks?

Default Old throwbacks?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1102859.html

This may be a matter of tradition, but I'm not too thrilled about seeing my team, which represents Kansas City, Missouri, having a helmet with Texas on it. No offense to those of you in Texas, it just feels weird. Any thoughts on this?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Plain and simple. Did the Kansas City Chiefs ever wear a uniform with the state of TX on the helmet. Was the team ever names the Kansas City Texans. I believe the answer is NO.... Therefore there shouldn't even be a discussion of a throw back Jersey for a team NO longer. The team leave Dallas for a reason. The team changed the name, the logo and the city.

That would be the same thing as raising a British Flag and signing their anythym before every throw back game.

actually they almost did exactly that. Mr Hunt had thought they would be called the Kansas City Texans and in fact needed to be talked out of it explaining that Missourins' may not want to support a team called "texans". The name "CHIEFS" was adopted referring to the then mayor of Kansas City because he was the most instumental in bringing the CHIEFS to KC and was nicknamed "the chief"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    actually they almost did exactly that. Mr Hunt had thought they would be called the Kansas City Texans and in fact needed to be talked out of it explaining that Missourins' may not want to support a team called "texans". The name "CHIEFS" was adopted referring to the then mayor of Kansas City because he was the most instumental in bringing the CHIEFS to KC and was nicknamed "the chief"
    This is truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    No.
    That org is the one that went to Tennessee now as the titans.

It was a White Texas with a gold star.
    Cowboys should have that as their logo..........

Quote Originally Posted by d-bowe fan View Post
    Do the chiefs get to play a game in throwbacks?
    Yes, two games I think, against original AFL teams. I would look it up, but I sure somebody else will.

More than anything, this is respect for Lamar! I think we can all take a bow to that!!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    More than anything, this is respect for Lamar! I think we can all take a bow to that!!
    :character00176: :iagree: :character0013:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123