Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old throwbacks?

Default Old throwbacks?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1102859.html

This may be a matter of tradition, but I'm not too thrilled about seeing my team, which represents Kansas City, Missouri, having a helmet with Texas on it. No offense to those of you in Texas, it just feels weird. Any thoughts on this?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I'm from Dallas. Am huge Cowboys fan and even have a relative who played for the Dallas Texans team, but even I dont want to see you guys come into Arlington wearing a uniform representing a place you no longer represent. When the late Lamar Hunt left Dallas he didn't look back and we didn't either. Hey, we didn't even know he was gone. Lets not drag out the forgotten past for sake of selling a few more tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by jason54858 View Post
    I'm from Dallas. Am huge Cowboys fan and even have a relative who played for the Dallas Texans team, but even I dont want to see you guys come into Arlington wearing a uniform representing a place you no longer represent. When the late Lamar Hunt left Dallas he didn't look back and we didn't either. Hey, we didn't even know he was gone. Lets not drag out the forgotten past for sake of selling a few more tickets.
    I agree. Why would we want to insult ourselves by claiming we shared a state with the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I agree. Why would we want to insult ourselves by claiming we shared a state with the Cowboys.
    I didn't really mean any disrespect. Im sorry if that is what you got from my last post. Reading my post now I can easily see how you could get that. I dont think it is right to drag out this old topic. About 90% of poeple in the Dallas/Fort Worth never even heard of the Dallas Texans anyway. Having you guys dress in their old uniforms is not going to create a buzz around here.

I didn't really mean any disrespect. Im sorry if that is what you got from my last post. Reading my post now I can easily see how you could get that. I dont think it is right to drag out this old topic. About 90% of poeple in the Dallas/Fort Worth never even heard of the Dallas Texans anyway. Having you guys dress in their old uniforms is not going to create a buzz around here.
    I know Im just messin with ya.

I see your point.

I still dont like Dallas tho.

you will not see us going to Arlington, you are coming to Arrowhead.

Plain and simple. Did the Kansas City Chiefs ever wear a uniform with the state of TX on the helmet. Was the team ever names the Kansas City Texans. I believe the answer is NO.... Therefore there shouldn't even be a discussion of a throw back Jersey for a team NO longer. The team leave Dallas for a reason. The team changed the name, the logo and the city.

That would be the same thing as raising a British Flag and signing their anythym before every throw back game.

Yep!

Yep, and...

I know Im just messin with ya.

I see your point.

I still dont like Dallas tho.

I guess that depends on who you talk to. I've been in the Dallas Fort Worth area for about 15 years now, and most people I know that follow football know exactly where Kansas City came from, and a lot of them have respect for Kansas City because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Plain and simple. Did the Kansas City Chiefs ever wear a uniform with the state of TX on the helmet. Was the team ever names the Kansas City Texans. I believe the answer is NO.... Therefore there shouldn't even be a discussion of a throw back Jersey for a team NO longer. The team leave Dallas for a reason. The team changed the name, the logo and the city.

That would be the same thing as raising a British Flag and signing their anythym before every throw back game.
    Actually now that I think about it we should wear them.

Were it not for Texas oil tycoon Lamaar and texas itself we would have never have been born.

It is our origin.

The tennessee titans are wearing the houston oilers emblem this season too.

I think its fine, I think it s great tribute to the great lamar hunt and everything he did to make the Kansas City chiefs and the NFL as it is today.

Whether or not we are in Dallas now, it is and will forever be part of KC Chiefs history~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast