Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect scenario for our first two picks

Default Perfect scenario for our first two picks

If the chiefs could trade down to say 8 or 9 and pick up a second this is the perfect scenario. While Curry is a great LB but I believe we need a DE more, because ten sacks is unacceptable. So I think we should pick up Orakpo with our first, and with the second round pick we should pick up this guy http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=191160Kenny Britt. He is expected to go in the second round, and he is definitely worth it. We can pick up a right tackle in the free agency or maybe in the the third. Can you imagine how sick our offense would be if we have Bowe, Bradley, Gonzalez and 6"4 Britt with a 37" vert. You think Bowe can get the ball up high this guy is rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    yuk no more recievers:X
    This guy is a freaking diamond in the rough. We have 1 good receiver(Bowe) and one pretty good receiver (Bradley) all the rest of them are jokes. This guy would be a great addition to our team. We could easily pick up a great tackle like orlando pace in the free agency to help build our right side of the line. Can you imagine Matt Cassell with a good line, with the option to throw a screen to Jamaal Charles, go deep to bradley, or pick between Bowe or a beast like Britt, or he could actually have TG block. TG is great but he is being used as a receiver 90 percent of the time TG is not gonna block hes gonna go out on a route and it makes the quaterback more vulnerable and it makes our team predictable. TG is a great player but he needs some help

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Theres going to be receivers that fit a certain mold later in the draft. If you want bulk and speed combo you could look into Mike Wallace, coming in at 200 Ibs, with a 40" vert. and a 4.3 or so with solid playing numbers at ole miss, or Louis Murphy in Florida (please no Florida players in red). We're going to have enough receiving threats in 2009 assuming Gonzo stays on (and according to Clark, it's very probable). As far as bench press goes, these guys are coming in at around 200 Ibs, they aren't going to get 20-30 reps like the linemen and still maintain all of the attributes that make a good receiver. Bowe is our strong, physical receiver, we need a complement if anything, not a copy. We don't need a guy to challenge Bowe this year (maybe with some luck we can find that guy in the late rounds, Colston style) , he just needs to learn to catch, and I think with the new coaching staff as pass oriented as it looks as well as Engram coming, he'll have the tools to develop well without the addition another big name receiver. It's like fixing a car, having air conditioning is nice and comfortable, but you'll go nowhere without a sound frame and engine. Priorities.
    Who are we gonna pick up in the second thats so much better. Plus I dont want anymore mediocore receivers im not asking for crabtree or anything in the first round for that matter. If we can get Orakpo thats gonna really help on our sack problem. In all honesty I think our LB's can be fixed in the free agency or lower rounds. We can pick up some good OL in the free agency as well.I think defense sucked last year because we had crappy pass rushing, and our line backers were old has beens, but our secondary was pretty damn good. Pollard,Page,Carr, and Flowers are all good in my book. We got Vrabel, who is a solid LB, I personally think Glenn Dorsey did a lot better then people are giving him credit for. Think about this we had basicly the same defense in 2008 that we had in 2007 minus Jared allen (the king of the sack) and our defense went from okay to horrid. Thats why we need Orakpo. And Britt is a bargain, bring in him and some good OL and you got a top 10 offense and a number 15 defense

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Who are we gonna pick up in the second thats so much better. Plus I dont want anymore mediocore receivers im not asking for crabtree or anything in the first round for that matter. If we can get Orakpo thats gonna really help on our sack problem. In all honesty I think our LB's can be fixed in the free agency or lower rounds. We can pick up some good OL in the free agency as well.I think defense sucked last year because we had crappy pass rushing, and our line backers were old has beens, but our secondary was pretty damn good. Pollard,Page,Carr, and Flowers are all good in my book. We got Vrabel, who is a solid LB, I personally think Glenn Dorsey did a lot better then people are giving him credit for. Think about this we had basicly the same defense in 2008 that we had in 2007 minus Jared allen (the king of the sack) and our defense went from okay to horrid. Thats why we need Orakpo. And Britt is a bargain, bring in him and some good OL and you got a top 10 offense and a number 15 defense
    Like every other high UT pick, Orakpo will suck. The school generates high college stats and massively overrated NFL players. Ricky Williams is better than any other UT 1st rounder I can name right now, and that includes his years of suspension.

It doesn't help that he's way too small for the direction our defense is going.

If we can trade down to 9 because GB wants Curry for its new 3-4, we should use the additional 2nd or 3rd round pick on either RT or FS. We could steal Rey Maualuga as our starting ILB then at the 9th spot.

Also, Page stinks. He's a FS that can't tackle or cover.

We're not getting Orakpo with anything less than the third, and it would be better used on another player. If we manage to dump our 3rd we might be able to land E. Brown or Maybin for the DL. As for a second, there are probably going to be players like Robinson, Unger, Mack, Sintim, Brace still on the board. I'll give you that we can get a good LB later, maybe 3rd or 4th, but I just don't get how you can justify taking a receiver so high when we've got what looks like a pretty decent balance for next year already.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Like every other high UT pick, Orakpo will suck. The school generates high college stats and massively overrated NFL players. Ricky Williams is better than any other UT 1st rounder I can name right now, and that includes his years of suspension.

It doesn't help that he's way too small for the direction our defense is going.

If we can trade down to 9 because GB wants Curry for its new 3-4, we should use the additional 2nd or 3rd round pick on either RT or FS. We could steal Rey Maualuga as our starting ILB then at the 9th spot.

Also, Page stinks. He's a FS that can't tackle or cover.
    If 85 tackles 3 forced fumbles and 4 interception stinks to you then you got some ridiculously high standards. If we dont pick up Orakpo to take care of our sack problem then who?

If 85 tackles 3 forced fumbles and 4 interception stinks to you then you got some ridiculously high standards. If we dont pick up Orakpo to take care of our sack problem then who?
    Orakpo isn't going to take care of our sack problem himself when our DT's are being pushed 5 yards back every play by a single defender. He's not going to be a savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Orakpo isn't going to take care of our sack problem himself when our DT's are being pushed 5 yards back every play by a single defender. He's not going to be a savior.
    I didnt say he was Jesus Christ but he sure is hell is a start right now we have a no name playing DE opposite Ali.

It won't do any good for us to ignor the "O" line and pick up another stud receiver if we can't protect the quarterback.

I'm not trying to be a smart@ss or a d!ck, I'm just curious. Did you say last year that drafting Dorsey would solve our D-Line problems? Orakpo will take 2 to 3 years to become dominate. To me any D-line man will take at least 2 to 3 years to become dominate if they ever do. I'd agree that we need some new D-lineman but some people seem to be thinking that our #3 pick will solve all the Chiefs problems.

Everyone who has posted a commment on Figs pefect two and has siad that we should not go for a WR or Orakpo really has no idea what they are talking about. Everyone is stuck on Curry. And everyone was stuck on Glenn Dorsey just because he is fast and has great lateral ablility doesn't mean he is worth a 3rd pick. This man has great tackles in College but is not a Sack contender PERIOD. We have yet to find out if we are going to a 3-4 defense which we porbable wont because we have to much invested in Dorsey and Hali. Our main concern is sacks and Total Offense. By NFL.com the Chiefs are 1500 yards behind there OPP. So our WR core needs work PERIOD. We have no presure up front matter of fact most of our sacks came from LBS and CBs so why would we draft a LB. We wouldn't. The only thing that has changed with our Defense is JARED ALLEN who just so happens to average 13 sacks a year. So please if your so smart tell me why we wouldn't need a DE player like Orakpo who is the SACK master. Some of you siad that Orakpo is small if you think a 6' 4 270lbs pure muscle 31 time Bench and a 4.64 40 is small you are just stupid. as for our WR it could never hurt to add more Depth a that position if you think just because we have a 36 year old 3rd string WR added to out roster makes us have a good WR core once again your stupid. We have Bowe, Tony, and Bradley. We need one more tall Red Zone threat and Britt would be a great asset to this team at 6'4 220lbs with a 37 inch Vert. Not only does this man have the intagibles but he has the numbers Bowe doesn't have the VERT, 40, or Size this 2nd rounder has so why would we pass this man because we have Engram and Franklin please if you are that stupid please don't write on here agian it offends us. RT is a most needed postion and Orlando Pace can offer us that for right now until 2010 Draft.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast