Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Perfect scenario for our first two picks

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Perfect scenario for our first two picks


    0 Not allowed!
    If the chiefs could trade down to say 8 or 9 and pick up a second this is the perfect scenario. While Curry is a great LB but I believe we need a DE more, because ten sacks is unacceptable. So I think we should pick up Orakpo with our first, and with the second round pick we should pick up this guy http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=191160Kenny Britt. He is expected to go in the second round, and he is definitely worth it. We can pick up a right tackle in the free agency or maybe in the the third. Can you imagine how sick our offense would be if we have Bowe, Bradley, Gonzalez and 6"4 Britt with a 37" vert. You think Bowe can get the ball up high this guy is rediculous.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm not trying to be a smart@ss or a d!ck, I'm just curious. Did you say last year that drafting Dorsey would solve our D-Line problems? Orakpo will take 2 to 3 years to become dominate. To me any D-line man will take at least 2 to 3 years to become dominate if they ever do. I'd agree that we need some new D-lineman but some people seem to be thinking that our #3 pick will solve all the Chiefs problems.
    First off DE dont take nearly as long to develop as DT. Example jared allen had 9 sacks his first year. Also I never thought Glenn Dorsey would solve all our problems I honestly didnt do a lot of research on Dorsey at the time. But I think that Orakpo is much better that Jason Babin ( who is that you ask thats our sorry *** DE currently) and will make a solid impact.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    If 85 tackles 3 forced fumbles and 4 interception stinks to you then you got some ridiculously high standards. If we dont pick up Orakpo to take care of our sack problem then who?
    Your mistake is thinking that he could solve the sack problem. He won't. He's a future bust for whichever team is foolish enough to draft him.

    And we need big DEs and DTs to stop our defense from getting killed against the run. Our run defense was almost as bad as our pass defense, don't forget.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs_Expert View Post
    Everyone who has posted a commment on Figs pefect two and has siad that we should not go for a WR or Orakpo really has no idea what they are talking about. Everyone is stuck on Curry. And everyone was stuck on Glenn Dorsey just because he is fast and has great lateral ablility doesn't mean he is worth a 3rd pick. This man has great tackles in College but is not a Sack contender PERIOD. We have yet to find out if we are going to a 3-4 defense which we porbable wont because we have to much invested in Dorsey and Hali. Our main concern is sacks and Total Offense. By NFL.com the Chiefs are 1500 yards behind there OPP. So our WR core needs work PERIOD. We have no presure up front matter of fact most of our sacks came from LBS and CBs so why would we draft a LB. We wouldn't. The only thing that has changed with our Defense is JARED ALLEN who just so happens to average 13 sacks a year. So please if your so smart tell me why we wouldn't need a DE player like Orakpo who is the SACK master. Some of you siad that Orakpo is small if you think a 6' 4 270lbs pure muscle 31 time Bench and a 4.64 40 is small you are just stupid. as for our WR it could never hurt to add more Depth a that position if you think just because we have a 36 year old 3rd string WR added to out roster makes us have a good WR core once again your stupid. We have Bowe, Tony, and Bradley. We need one more tall Red Zone threat and Britt would be a great asset to this team at 6'4 220lbs with a 37 inch Vert. Not only does this man have the intagibles but he has the numbers Bowe doesn't have the VERT, 40, or Size this 2nd rounder has so why would we pass this man because we have Engram and Franklin please if you are that stupid please don't write on here agian it offends us. RT is a most needed postion and Orlando Pace can offer us that for right now until 2010 Draft.
    Thank you for your opinion, you are most definitely entitled to it but don't make the mistake that should someone disagree with it that they are "stupid". I think you will find many intellegent opinions here that may or may not agree with your point of view.

    Judging from youir post count I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have not yet been here:

    Read Before Posting - Kansas City Chiefs Forums


  5. #24
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Your mistake is thinking that he could solve the sack problem. He won't. He's a future bust for whichever team is foolish enough to draft him.

    And we need big DEs and DTs to stop our defense from getting killed against the run. Our run defense was almost as bad as our pass defense, don't forget.

    This coming from the guy that says page sucks, 6"4 265 pounds is not small for a DE its not as tall as jared allen at 6"6 but hes actually beefier, stronger, and faster. Is he gonna be as good as Allen maybe not but I am thinking he will have 8 sacks his first year which is probably what ali will put up as well if hes on his proper side.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    This coming from the guy that says page sucks, 6"4 265 pounds is not small for a DE its not as tall as jared allen at 6"6 but hes actually beefier, stronger, and faster. Is he gonna be as good as Allen maybe not but I am thinking he will have 8 sacks his first year which is probably what ali will put up as well if hes on his proper side.
    Page does suck. He is a bad tackler and repeatedly gets beat in coverage because he's more interested in getting INTs. He hopefully/probably won't be our opening day FS next season.

    Also it's Hali, not Ali. And Hali looks very, very medicore without an all-Pro across from him.

    Orakpo, like JA, is way too small to play DE in the 3-4 (which wer'e moving to this year or next). We're not drafting him. Learn to live with this fact.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    548
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    This coming from the guy that says page sucks, 6"4 265 pounds is not small for a DE its not as tall as jared allen at 6"6 but hes actually beefier, stronger, and faster. Is he gonna be as good as Allen maybe not but I am thinking he will have 8 sacks his first year which is probably what ali will put up as well if hes on his proper side.
    If we go 34 full time or even split 34/43 Orakpo is about 40lbs to light to play 34 end which is basically a glorified 43 DT necessary to demand double teams for the rush LB off the edge.

    The average weight and height of a starting 34 end in the NFL right now is about 6'5 300lbs and going by the combine stats Orakpo comes in at 6'3 263lbs. Depending on what he's drafted to do he is in fact to small to play in a 34, which it looks like we are too, as an end. That being said he could play 34 LB, but then again thats a reach imo. While we may not go 34 immediately, or at least 34 full time next season, it'd be a watse of a pick to find a complementary rushser for a 43 D that we're supposedly transitioning out of.

    That being said WR is a need for this team I agree so people saying we have 9 on the roster need to realize that just because we have 9 in March doesn't mean we'll have nine in September so its always good to add to depth as we get started going into spring ball and training camps.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,975
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 39

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We need linemen in a bad way. If Monroe is gone, I see us taking Ragi. He would be a must if we are to impliment the 3-4. We may even grab Ragi if Monroe is still on the board...
    SHUT IT

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    If we go 34 full time or even split 34/43 Orakpo is about 40lbs to light to play 34 end which is basically a glorified 43 DT necessary to demand double teams for the rush LB off the edge.

    The average weight and height of a starting 34 end in the NFL right now is about 6'5 300lbs and going by the combine stats Orakpo comes in at 6'3 263lbs. Depending on what he's drafted to do he is in fact to small to play in a 34, which it looks like we are too, as an end. That being said he could play 34 LB, but then again thats a reach imo. While we may not go 34 immediately, or at least 34 full time next season, it'd be a watse of a pick to find a complementary rushser for a 43 D that we're supposedly transitioning out of.

    That being said WR is a need for this team I agree so people saying we have 9 on the roster need to realize that just because we have 9 in March doesn't mean we'll have nine in September so its always good to add to depth as we get started going into spring ball and training camps.
    Great points, I bet we will be cleaning house of a lot of those WR's in april just before the draft or after.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. (Scenario 2) New GM, Herm goes
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 12:23 AM
  2. (Scenario 1) New GM, Herm stays
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
  3. Best case scenario
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 12:07 AM
  4. we got a perfect schedule for this year!!!
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. Play-off Scenario...
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •