Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Perfect scenario for our first two picks

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Perfect scenario for our first two picks


    0 Not allowed!
    If the chiefs could trade down to say 8 or 9 and pick up a second this is the perfect scenario. While Curry is a great LB but I believe we need a DE more, because ten sacks is unacceptable. So I think we should pick up Orakpo with our first, and with the second round pick we should pick up this guy http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=191160Kenny Britt. He is expected to go in the second round, and he is definitely worth it. We can pick up a right tackle in the free agency or maybe in the the third. Can you imagine how sick our offense would be if we have Bowe, Bradley, Gonzalez and 6"4 Britt with a 37" vert. You think Bowe can get the ball up high this guy is rediculous.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,342
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    WE already have 9 receivers on the roster.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    WE already have 9 receivers on the roster.
    yeah but other than bowe and bradley none of them are even starter material

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,938
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I believe the Raiders have the 7th pick. I would hate to trade back to the 8th spot to have those Basters, pick our guy....

    Best cause situation is Cincy wants who the Browns want, and trades up to us to get that pick. This will also may make the Browns eager to trade with us to make sure Cincy can't make the trade and also iliminate Seattle from the mix of drafting such player. Maybe such a players as Michael Crabtree.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    As much as I like Curry I'm not too sure he will be there @ # 3 and I think that is why Pioli is looking @ Brown

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    573
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If we were to get a receiver, I'd hope it wouldn't be until the later rounds. Get a guy like Aaron Kelly if you want size. 6-5 with a 38" vertical, he dropped off a lot this year, but 2 years ago he had something like 1000 yds and 10 TD's with Clemson, pretty fast too. Theres too many needs to even consider taking a WR in the first 3 rounds.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    If we were to get a receiver, I'd hope it wouldn't be until the later rounds. Get a guy like Aaron Kelly if you want size. 6-5 with a 38" vertical, he dropped off a lot this year, but 2 years ago he had something like 1000 yds and 10 TD's with Clemson, pretty fast too. Theres too many needs to even consider taking a WR in the first 3 rounds.
    aaron is definetly tall 6"5 but he is scrawny at 190 pounds and weak. He only benched 220, 11 times compared to Britt's 23. Plus he doesnt have the consistency to be a number 1 or a number 2. I think Britt could compete and possibly take Bowe's number 1 spot or be a solid number two guy, and Bradley's speed makes him a great number 3 guy.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    573
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    aaron is definetly tall 6"5 but he is scrawny at 190 pounds and weak. He only benched 220, 11 times compared to Britt's 23. Plus he doesnt have the consistency to be a number 1 or a number 2. I think Britt could compete and possibly take Bowe's number 1 spot or be a solid number two guy, and Bradley's speed makes him a great number 3 guy.
    Theres going to be receivers that fit a certain mold later in the draft. If you want bulk and speed combo you could look into Mike Wallace, coming in at 200 Ibs, with a 40" vert. and a 4.3 or so with solid playing numbers at ole miss, or Louis Murphy in Florida (please no Florida players in red). We're going to have enough receiving threats in 2009 assuming Gonzo stays on (and according to Clark, it's very probable). As far as bench press goes, these guys are coming in at around 200 Ibs, they aren't going to get 20-30 reps like the linemen and still maintain all of the attributes that make a good receiver. Bowe is our strong, physical receiver, we need a complement if anything, not a copy. We don't need a guy to challenge Bowe this year (maybe with some luck we can find that guy in the late rounds, Colston style) , he just needs to learn to catch, and I think with the new coaching staff as pass oriented as it looks as well as Engram coming, he'll have the tools to develop well without the addition another big name receiver. It's like fixing a car, having air conditioning is nice and comfortable, but you'll go nowhere without a sound frame and engine. Priorities.
    Last edited by Chief Tyler; 03-25-2009 at 02:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Theres going to be receivers that fit a certain mold later in the draft. If you want bulk and speed combo you could look into Mike Wallace, coming in at 200 Ibs, with a 40" vert. and a 4.3 or so with solid playing numbers at ole miss, or Louis Murphy in Florida (please no Florida players in red). We're going to have enough receiving threats in 2009 assuming Gonzo stays on (and according to Clark, it's very probable). As far as bench press goes, these guys are coming in at around 200 Ibs, they aren't going to get 20-30 reps like the linemen and still maintain all of the attributes that make a good receiver. Bowe is our strong, physical receiver, we need a complement if anything, not a copy. We don't need a guy to challenge Bowe this year (maybe with some luck we can find that guy in the late rounds, Colston style) , he just needs to learn to catch, and I think with the new coaching staff as pass oriented as it looks as well as Engram coming, he'll have the tools to develop well without the addition another big name receiver. It's like fixing a car, having air conditioning is nice and comfortable, but you'll go nowhere without a sound frame and engine. Priorities.
    Who are we gonna pick up in the second thats so much better. Plus I dont want anymore mediocore receivers im not asking for crabtree or anything in the first round for that matter. If we can get Orakpo thats gonna really help on our sack problem. In all honesty I think our LB's can be fixed in the free agency or lower rounds. We can pick up some good OL in the free agency as well.I think defense sucked last year because we had crappy pass rushing, and our line backers were old has beens, but our secondary was pretty damn good. Pollard,Page,Carr, and Flowers are all good in my book. We got Vrabel, who is a solid LB, I personally think Glenn Dorsey did a lot better then people are giving him credit for. Think about this we had basicly the same defense in 2008 that we had in 2007 minus Jared allen (the king of the sack) and our defense went from okay to horrid. Thats why we need Orakpo. And Britt is a bargain, bring in him and some good OL and you got a top 10 offense and a number 15 defense

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Who are we gonna pick up in the second thats so much better. Plus I dont want anymore mediocore receivers im not asking for crabtree or anything in the first round for that matter. If we can get Orakpo thats gonna really help on our sack problem. In all honesty I think our LB's can be fixed in the free agency or lower rounds. We can pick up some good OL in the free agency as well.I think defense sucked last year because we had crappy pass rushing, and our line backers were old has beens, but our secondary was pretty damn good. Pollard,Page,Carr, and Flowers are all good in my book. We got Vrabel, who is a solid LB, I personally think Glenn Dorsey did a lot better then people are giving him credit for. Think about this we had basicly the same defense in 2008 that we had in 2007 minus Jared allen (the king of the sack) and our defense went from okay to horrid. Thats why we need Orakpo. And Britt is a bargain, bring in him and some good OL and you got a top 10 offense and a number 15 defense
    Like every other high UT pick, Orakpo will suck. The school generates high college stats and massively overrated NFL players. Ricky Williams is better than any other UT 1st rounder I can name right now, and that includes his years of suspension.

    It doesn't help that he's way too small for the direction our defense is going.

    If we can trade down to 9 because GB wants Curry for its new 3-4, we should use the additional 2nd or 3rd round pick on either RT or FS. We could steal Rey Maualuga as our starting ILB then at the 9th spot.

    Also, Page stinks. He's a FS that can't tackle or cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. (Scenario 2) New GM, Herm goes
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 12:23 AM
  2. (Scenario 1) New GM, Herm stays
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
  3. Best case scenario
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 12:07 AM
  4. we got a perfect schedule for this year!!!
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. Play-off Scenario...
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •