Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect scenario for our first two picks

Default Perfect scenario for our first two picks

If the chiefs could trade down to say 8 or 9 and pick up a second this is the perfect scenario. While Curry is a great LB but I believe we need a DE more, because ten sacks is unacceptable. So I think we should pick up Orakpo with our first, and with the second round pick we should pick up this guy http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=191160Kenny Britt. He is expected to go in the second round, and he is definitely worth it. We can pick up a right tackle in the free agency or maybe in the the third. Can you imagine how sick our offense would be if we have Bowe, Bradley, Gonzalez and 6"4 Britt with a 37" vert. You think Bowe can get the ball up high this guy is rediculous.

WE already have 9 receivers on the roster.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I believe the Raiders have the 7th pick. I would hate to trade back to the 8th spot to have those Basters, pick our guy....

Best cause situation is Cincy wants who the Browns want, and trades up to us to get that pick. This will also may make the Browns eager to trade with us to make sure Cincy can't make the trade and also iliminate Seattle from the mix of drafting such player. Maybe such a players as Michael Crabtree.

As much as I like Curry I'm not too sure he will be there @ # 3 and I think that is why Pioli is looking @ Brown

If we were to get a receiver, I'd hope it wouldn't be until the later rounds. Get a guy like Aaron Kelly if you want size. 6-5 with a 38" vertical, he dropped off a lot this year, but 2 years ago he had something like 1000 yds and 10 TD's with Clemson, pretty fast too. Theres too many needs to even consider taking a WR in the first 3 rounds.

If and I say IF we we're to pick a wide receiver. Then in my opinion it should be someone who could stretch the field with superior speed.

Bowe = The physical wideout.
    Engram = Posession slot receiver.
    ? = The speedy wideout.

The last guy is right now either Webb or most likely Bradley, who did get a few good deep catches last year.

Not to mention Gonzo who will catch everything thrown at him..
    Receiver is the last thing we need to worry about. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    WE already have 9 receivers on the roster.
    yeah but other than bowe and bradley none of them are even starter material

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    If we were to get a receiver, I'd hope it wouldn't be until the later rounds. Get a guy like Aaron Kelly if you want size. 6-5 with a 38" vertical, he dropped off a lot this year, but 2 years ago he had something like 1000 yds and 10 TD's with Clemson, pretty fast too. Theres too many needs to even consider taking a WR in the first 3 rounds.
    aaron is definetly tall 6"5 but he is scrawny at 190 pounds and weak. He only benched 220, 11 times compared to Britt's 23. Plus he doesnt have the consistency to be a number 1 or a number 2. I think Britt could compete and possibly take Bowe's number 1 spot or be a solid number two guy, and Bradley's speed makes him a great number 3 guy.

yuk no more recievers:X

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    aaron is definetly tall 6"5 but he is scrawny at 190 pounds and weak. He only benched 220, 11 times compared to Britt's 23. Plus he doesnt have the consistency to be a number 1 or a number 2. I think Britt could compete and possibly take Bowe's number 1 spot or be a solid number two guy, and Bradley's speed makes him a great number 3 guy.
    Theres going to be receivers that fit a certain mold later in the draft. If you want bulk and speed combo you could look into Mike Wallace, coming in at 200 Ibs, with a 40" vert. and a 4.3 or so with solid playing numbers at ole miss, or Louis Murphy in Florida (please no Florida players in red). We're going to have enough receiving threats in 2009 assuming Gonzo stays on (and according to Clark, it's very probable). As far as bench press goes, these guys are coming in at around 200 Ibs, they aren't going to get 20-30 reps like the linemen and still maintain all of the attributes that make a good receiver. Bowe is our strong, physical receiver, we need a complement if anything, not a copy. We don't need a guy to challenge Bowe this year (maybe with some luck we can find that guy in the late rounds, Colston style) , he just needs to learn to catch, and I think with the new coaching staff as pass oriented as it looks as well as Engram coming, he'll have the tools to develop well without the addition another big name receiver. It's like fixing a car, having air conditioning is nice and comfortable, but you'll go nowhere without a sound frame and engine. Priorities.
    Last edited by Chief Tyler; 03-25-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast