Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Action speaks louder than words

Default Action speaks louder than words

Actions louder than words
    Chiefs coach Todd Haley appears more interested in what Larry Johnson does than what he says.
    He heard Johnson’s oft-repeated request to be traded or released. He also heard through running backs coach Maurice Carthon, who has spoken with Johnson, that the enigmatic running back is softening his hard-line stance.
    Haley said he’ll be more impressed by Johnson’s attitude if he appears for the start of the offseason conditioning program on Monday.
    “I’ll go by what I see,” Haley said. “We’ll know pretty quick here. Part of my evaluation process is trying to find guys that want to be Kansas City Chiefs. Not talk about it but want to be (Chiefs) and want to be part of something special, eventually.
    “I’m excited about working with all of these guys. This is an exciting time. We don’t know what we have right now. You can look at some of the things they did last year, but until we get the guys on campus and see them running around working, we don’t know. I’m excited about everybody. Everybody is an opportunity to me.
    “That guy, what I’ve seen from him as a runner, he gets 5 yards every time he carries the ball. I know his average wasn’t 5 yards, but from what I’ve seen, the ability is there. What I’m looking for, and what our staff is looking for, is who’s all in.”
    Asked whether Johnson would participate beginning Monday, Haley said, “I honestly don’t know. This is a voluntary thing. (But) I’ve made it pretty clear that it’s a pretty important part of our development as a team.”

Wow, I'm really startin to like this guy alot, A no BS kinda guy, play or get out, thats what we need in our head coach and I'm Lovin it

When I **** up I sleep in past my alarm or have a little too much to drink. When LJ ****s up he spits on women and disses the city! Just sayin :P

In all honesty though, I hope he does turn it around. His value is crap outside the team, I think he could still be productive if he responds well to hard-nosed coaching. The line looks a little better too, and hopefully continues to get better. I wish he would have stfu and done his job over the past few years as best he could, but then again, the line was a joke, it's just a shame he reacted the way he did.
    Last edited by Chief Tyler; 03-26-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    When I **** up I sleep in past my alarm or have a little too much to drink. When LJ ****s up he spits on women and disses the city! Just sayin :P

In all honesty though, I hope he does turn it around. His value is crap outside the team, I think he could still be productive if he responds well to hard-nosed coaching. The line looks a little better too, and hopefully continues to get better. I wish he would have stfu and done his job over the past few years as best he could, but then again, the line was a joke, it's just a shame he reacted the way he did.

Good point. If LJ really wants to be traded next year he needs to step up and act like an adult and a pro ball player otherwise no one will want him and if anyone did he would go dirt cheap and have to go back to drinkin boones farm wine.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Good point. If LJ really wants to be traded next year he needs to step up and act like an adult and a pro ball player otherwise no one will want him and if anyone did he would go dirt cheap and have to go back to drinkin boones farm wine.
    I would really like to see LJ's face if he read this!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post

That was a pretty awesome comeback!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12