Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TG rumblings in Az................

Default TG rumblings in Az................

Here in Az I was listening to a local radio program that has a guy on it that is very, very close to what goes on inside the Cardinals organization.

Media Player

I like Boldin. He is one of the best recievers in the league.

But There is no way I give them the unquestionable best TE in the league, and our very high third round pick.

TG has respectfully stated that he would like to be traded to a team that expects to be a Super Bowl contender now.

I have no problem with that, as long as we aren't going to get taken to the cleaners to get a deal.

If we hadn't already traded away our second round pick, and we were drafting on the back half of the third round, then I would feel more comfortable with the terms mentioned.

But I can't justify, with our current team situation, trading a HOF starter and a rookie that I expect to start, for any player at a position that we are looking rather strong at.

And, for comparing Boldin's numbers to those of TG, I take into consideration the style of offense that each has played in.

Gonzales has produced top numbers in all types of offense. The pass happy Spread of last season, the run, run, run of Herm, and the high-powered, super balanced offense of Vermiel.

Whereas Boldin has played almost entirely from the Pass-Only offense of The Arizona Cardinals.

But, as I said above, Boldin is definitely one of the best WRs that any team could ask for.

The Chiefs became a pass happy offense the second they hired Todd Haley as their head coach! Boldin would thrive here!!!!

I know I could be wrong but we now have the Cards DC and OC and with that said what are the odd's of them even making the play offs next season. So what good would it do Tony to trade him to AZ. Also, what do we really know about Pioli? If he is as good as Clark says he is, he won't care if Tony ends up on the lions roster or not just as long as he gets some thing in return, some thing he needs. Tony has been a Great Chiefs Player on and off the field but, if he really wants to go, I say get what ever you can out of him and move on. He will always be a Chief to me unless he goes to another AFC West team. I'll still like him but won't wish him well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I know I could be wrong but we now have the Cards DC and OC and with that said what are the odd's of them even making the play offs next season. So what good would it do Tony to trade him to AZ. Also, what do we really know about Pioli? If he is as good as Clark says he is, he won't care if Tony ends up on the lions roster or not just as long as he gets some thing in return, some thing he needs. Tony has been a Great Chiefs Player on and off the field but, if he really wants to go, I say get what ever you can out of him and move on. He will always be a Chief to me unless he goes to another AFC West team. I'll still like him but won't wish him well. lol
    The Cardinals will win their division again next year. Remember it's the NFC West. One of the worst divisions in football. Having said that, they have a decent team regardless of what some think! They will definetly make the playoffs and TG would have a better chance of winning there than he does here IMO!!!! At least this coming year.
    Last edited by Drunker Hillbilly; 03-29-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Tony has been a Great Chiefs Player on and off the field but, if he really wants to go, I say get what ever you can out of him and move on.
    Tony doesn't want to play on another team, he wants to win a Lombardi trophy. Winning that trophy in KC would be ideal. I think he will have a much better idea of how far this team is away from winning a SB by the end of next season. I think he will stay this season, and the 2010 season will depend on how this team develops over the next year.

The real story is whether Pioli takes advantage of his trade value, not whether Tony wants out of KC.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohnson View Post
    I say ship him off to Oakland with Larry.
    :sign0080:

Quote Originally Posted by d-bowe fan View Post
    well that Anquan dude is now trade bait....he said he was atleast worth a 1 and a 3.....so if AZ actually wants Tony i think we could sneak a trade (tony and a 3)im sure they wouldnt notice how ungood that is.WHY this wont happen...?because then we pick at round one and then skip to round 4....not cool
    It would probably be Tony and a first (not our number 3 of course, lower).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234