Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Info on LJ

Hybrid View

Default Interesting Info on LJ

I have been wondering for a while if LJ's legal troubles violate his contract, thus allowing the Chiefs to cut him and completely remove him from the books (including guaranteed money). This article pretty much answers that question for me.

Chiefs, Larry Johnson to Meet Over*Contract - Arrowhead Pride

I do not think a team would usually exercise their right to cut a big time player without keeping their commitment in regards to guaranteed money, but in this case Larry has repeatedly violated his contract and stated that he does not want to be part of the team.

My guess is that Larry will either sign a new contract at a great discount, or he will be cut. I am almost certain he will be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I have been wondering for a while if LJ's legal troubles violate his contract, thus allowing the Chiefs to cut him and completely remove him from the books (including guaranteed money). This article pretty much answers that question for me.

I do not think a team would usually exercise their right to cut a big time player without keeping their commitment in regards to guaranteed money, but in this case Larry has repeatedly violated his contract and stated that he does not want to be part of the team.

My guess is that Larry will either sign a new contract at a great discount, or he will be cut. I am almost certain he will be cut.
    Good read who knows what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

One thing for sure, you really do not go through this type of process if you plan on keeping the guy around. This blows his moral and makes him even a larger cancer on the team.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

well first of al it sounds like an agreed plea deal and second I can't help but wonder if they are not just trying to save money and keep LJ at the same time. I'm sure if the Chiefs cut LJ he would find a new home but at what cost. Very little I'm sure. So the best thing for him to do is settle with what ever KC is offering then give a hundred and fifty percent this coming season and look for a trade next year for more money. Face it, he did this to himself.

From what other sources have said though, LJ is saying he is going to show up at the voluntary stuff and give it his all as long as he is really part of the team. Though how he defines "part of the team" in his warped mind is anybody's guess.

I think he will be playing elsewhere next season. I imagine that he will do pretty well.

We can trade him...to the right team.

I think a 4th round pick would be worth it. Maybe it could have stipulations.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    If they are getting rid of him I foresee Pioli picking a RB with our first pick. I can only hope it will be Shonn Greene from Iowa. Dang that would rule a$$!!!!!!
    1st round RB? I can't see that happening and I also can't see Shonn greene going in the 1st. THere's an outside chance we'd take Shonn in the 3rd round if LJ is gone and Shonn was still on the board.

LJ has to meet with Pioli next week, and I would guess Pioli would very much like to keep LJ but would also like to reduce the 3+ million he will be owed. I for one do not like LJ as a person but, if he steps it up, well with him, gonzo, bowe and engram as targets, cassell could have a hay day. We will just need to beef up both the Oline and the defense. If we could get boldin, I'd take him.

Teah, if we keep him playing well, along side TG and Cassel, we'll be a much better team than we were in 2008!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast