Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson is truley a piece of shart!

Default Larry Johnson is truley a piece of shart!

Larry Johnson used to be one of my favorite players on "our" team. But as of the last year or so i have realized what a sad , sad little man.....or boy , he is. PLEASE Chiefs, release this doo#he bag! I will give half my savings and everything i could pawn just to get rid of this little woman beatin baby!

I think he is just putting on a show for now to get more money, he is a cancer and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    There isn't RB in the history of the game other than 3 guys I can think of that can say they don't need a line and one of those men would prolly smack me for sayin he don't need blockers LOL.
    Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Barry Sanders(<---Barry only needed the OLine to get 1 hole for him and he would do the rest)
    All other backs would need blocking at all levels to obtain a large number of yards per season.
    I think that there are a couple more that could be added to the list. But that's beside the point.

If pretty-much every HB needs top-notch blocking to produce top-notch stats, then what makes LJ special?

I will concede that he does a good job of breaking tackles in the open field.

Beyond that, there really isn't anything that I will grant LJ.

Contrary to widespread belief, I think LJ is a decent reciever out of the backfield. But certainly nothing special.

He has been blatant in his disdane for running to the outside at times. Giving up on the play, long before the play was over. (Back when we still had some blockers here for him, including '05.)

He has a real problem with putting effort into blocking. And that can ruin, or at least hamper, every aspect of your offense that doesn't include LJ getting the ball.

His poor attitude, and disdane for the team is the only thing that has been consistent about LJ for his entire pro career.

And now his off the field activities have cost him, and whatever team he is on in '09, a serious chunk of the season.

That is alot of negatives, to a single positive.

And I think alot of guys who never get in the open field, could do very well at it, just as LJ does.

But, if you don't get into the open field, then that skill is useless.

It is only my opinion, that the negatives far outweigh the positives. But for me, it isn't even close.

Who do you see on the FA list right now that is better than or just as good as LJ? I can't count the Draft class as they are untested in the speed of the game but there are a couple of guys that I think could take his place , with that said the reason he needs to stay is the ability to replace him now.
    I'd be happy with K Smith and J Charles. If you are getting those two guys to the second level, as Roaf, Shields, Waters, Dunn, T-Rich and Weigmann were doing for LJ in '05, I think we would be sitting on a pair of top-notch Pro-Bowlers.

And if they are blocking and putting fourth effort on every play, then 'Look Out!'

I think Kolby could do it if he can stay healthy but that is his issue. Jamal just can't get the hang of the speed, he didn't show me anything last year honestly. He had the oppertunity to do it as he had just as much if not more playing time than LJ had and he couldn't do anything. WHen LJ got in his playing time he did produce so I will say this again, we don't have anyone to fill the slot if we cut LJ and IMO that is the reason why he will be starting for the Chiefs in the up coming season.(Taking a chance as I think he is worth it on the field , I don't care about off the field)
    The off the field issues are the reason that LJ will not be present on the field for some undetermined portion of this season.

Even Barry Sanders, Jim Brown and "Sweetness" would be worthless, if they weren't allowed onto the field.

I don't know how you can not care about off the field, when that is where LJ is going to be for much of this season, where you feel like we are better with him.

If he isn't allowed on the field, then we are actually a better team with absolutely noone at all.

I think it will be better to have him part or half or however long we do get to have him rather then not having him at all.Your way we don't have him at all the way it is actually going is the way he will benefit the team when he is done with the sentance he is delt. You can't condemn a man for life for making 1 wrong decision. I am sure you have made mistakes Lord knows I have but I got more than 1 chance.He deserves that and at this point I have yet to hear or read anything that states he will sit out part of the year. Do you have a link to a story or something I can see or is this speculation?
    A.) I am not condemning him for life. Just for right now. I'm not really even condemning him at all. I just see very little value in him as a player, considering all things.

B.) This is nowhere near to being 1 wrong decision. LJ definitely deserved another chance... after the first few mistakes. And he has had them.

But this has been an on-going situation with LJ for the vast majority of his career.

As far as the punishment for LJ from The NFL, I could link you the past two years worth of league suspensions, that set a clear intolerence for players being involved in off field illegal activities, but I don't want to.

If you have been watching any NFL over the past two seasons, then you are already aware of it.

There is a chance that Roger Goodell will decide that LJ is far too deserving of being treated as the rest of The NFLs players. So there is definitely an assumption there.

But I can't help but feel that LJ, The Chiefs, every other NFL team and almost everyone else who is involved with The NFL, as fans, or otherwise, is going to make that same assumption.

Tell me this. Do you believe that LJ will recieve no suspension? But please, give that a bit of thought before you answer. Because I can't believe that you would actually think that.

I watch the NFL Network 24/7. I also am online reading about the Chiefs and so forth so yes I do understand the situation that is in front of LJ and the team at this time and as far as I am concerned you are making alot of assumption calls and one thing I learned when one assumes too much, it makes an a$$ outt youand me. I don't think anything major will happen with LJ this season unless he pulls out a pistol and shoots someone as the league is dealing with Plexico Burress and his gun and shooting himself in the leg situation. What LJ did isn't even news on NFL.com nor is it news on the NFL Network or even Chiefs.com. Only place it's news is on the KC Star and in the posted threads of forums like this one. I just don't see the scenerio your laying out and feel that your wishing for it to happen more than knowing it will but, that is just my opinion.
    ESPN?

Sources: Johnson faces potential suspension after latest incident - NFL - ESPN

NBC?

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/...VlKyn0qBg.cspx

WGN?

Chiefs RB Larry Johnson charged with simple assault in February incident

FOX?

Chiefs RB Larry Johnson charged with simple assault in February incident

CBS?

http://cbs2chicago.com/sports/Larry.....2.849882.html

Wiki (For what it's worth :))

Larry C. Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USA Today?

Chiefs: Larry Johnson under review for alleged altercation with woman - USATODAY.com

NFL.com?

Chiefs' Johnson charged for simple assault

Are there bigger stories? Sure. But this is still being covered by everymajor sports news outlet.

I don't hate LJ. I don't exactly like him. But I don't root against him at all.

The fact is that I think he is bad for this team. And that it is very likely that there is a suspension in his immediate future.

I, and probably all NFL analysts, will be quite surprised if he doesn't get suspended.

Whatever the legal formalities... releasing Lawrence would be a top notch mistake. The cap hit doesn't matter in any form unless they have a potential high priced running back coming in.

The key point I have seen from Mr Pioli so far is value. So where is the value in just dumping veteran depth, his personal problems not with-standing?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Whatever the legal formalities... releasing Lawrence would be a top notch mistake. The cap hit doesn't matter in any form unless they have a potential high priced running back coming in.

The key point I have seen from Mr Pioli so far is value. So where is the value in just dumping veteran depth, his personal problems not with-standing?!?!?!?
    The value is improved by not over-paying an under-performing HB. Especially if you plan to run a pass-heavy offense, with a HB who refuses to block.

What exactly is the purpose for having a high-priced HB?

It seems that every year there are a couple of low-priced top notch HBs.

What's wrong with them?

I certainly prefer them over the several high-priced flop HBs that I see each season.

Eat his Kids..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Those that know my posts I used to stick up for LJ on a regular basis, thought he was a great running back and was the star we needed to keep this team at the top of the heap, now I am ready for Pioli and Haley to take out the trash and I believe that is LJ.

If he stays I would hope that part of the problem was Hermie couldn't motivate him but, even then he shouldn't have needed a coach motivate him he should have been able to have some self motivation and if nothing else 40 million should be motivation alone.

Being a big ten fan and a Hawkeye fan I would also like to see Greene in a Chiefs Uniform, he seems to be a bruising runner and can run even when others expect him to (although that was in college.) Although the biggest thing it seems he has the LJ obviously doesn't is class.

Sign me up on the trade or release LJ list.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast