Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson is truley a piece of shart!

Default Larry Johnson is truley a piece of shart!

Larry Johnson used to be one of my favorite players on "our" team. But as of the last year or so i have realized what a sad , sad little man.....or boy , he is. PLEASE Chiefs, release this doo#he bag! I will give half my savings and everything i could pawn just to get rid of this little woman beatin baby!

Luke you are the baby daddy......OH SH*T wrong show that's maury povich.:smilies_xxx07:

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    There is no such thing as a low priced top notched anything in the NFL, no matter what the position is especially a high profile position such as RB.
    Larry Johnson '05 salary = $678,000 (1750 Yds, 20 TDs)

Larry Johson '07 salary = $13,300,000 (559 Yds, 3 TDs)

Salary source USA Today...http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...on&player=2965

Stat source Yahoo Sports...Larry Johnson - Kansas City Chiefs - Career Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I watch the NFL Network 24/7. I also am online reading about the Chiefs and so forth so yes I do understand the situation that is in front of LJ and the team at this time

What LJ did isn't even news on NFL.com nor is it news on the NFL Network or even Chiefs.com. Only place it's news is on the KC Star and in the posted threads of forums like this one.
    Unfortunately your feeble attempts at deception are easily visible to the trained eye.

LJ isn't news to NFL.com?

NFLPA argues grievances for Giants WR Burress, Chiefs RB Johnson

But you watch NFL Network 24/7 and didn't know about it?

Allow me to continue...

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris
    The Chiefs have not filed any type of action against LJ nor has the league as far as I know.
    NFLPA argues grievances for Giants WR Burress, Chiefs RB Johnson

Are you not paying as close attention as you said?

Sorry, but a master, or even a decent student, would, at least, pose some sort of a challenge.

This is mere childs play.

Go to Chiefster, perhaps he will be willing to help you along. There is no room for you with the Sith.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    ...Go to Chiefster, perhaps he will be willing to help you along. There is no room for you with the Sith.
    Chiefster in his extreme old age has passed into the force; his light has gone out in the universe. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Chiefster in his extreme old age has passed into the force; his light has gone out in the universe. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, right,,,,,,,,, You just chose to be invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think that there are a couple more that could be added to the list. But that's beside the point.

If pretty-much every HB needs top-notch blocking to produce top-notch stats, then what makes LJ special?

I will concede that he does a good job of breaking tackles in the open field.

Beyond that, there really isn't anything that I will grant LJ.

Contrary to widespread belief, I think LJ is a decent reciever out of the backfield. But certainly nothing special.

He has been blatant in his disdane for running to the outside at times. Giving up on the play, long before the play was over. (Back when we still had some blockers here for him, including '05.)

He has a real problem with putting effort into blocking. And that can ruin, or at least hamper, every aspect of your offense that doesn't include LJ getting the ball.

His poor attitude, and disdane for the team is the only thing that has been consistent about LJ for his entire pro career.

And now his off the field activities have cost him, and whatever team he is on in '09, a serious chunk of the season.

That is alot of negatives, to a single positive.

And I think alot of guys who never get in the open field, could do very well at it, just as LJ does.

But, if you don't get into the open field, then that skill is useless.

It is only my opinion, that the negatives far outweigh the positives. But for me, it isn't even close.
    I agree with all of this!!!

If LJ gets to play all season then I say we keep him.

This a time to play the "what if" game.

What if LJ does produce another 1700+ or heck even 1500+ yd season.

We have a RB capable of doing that. And its not Jamaal or any other RB we have on this squad. Its LJ.

But LJs got to want to do that. Im willing to believe that he does want to be that runner that he was pre-contract, with the draft and the O-line modifications thus far.

Why am I willing to believe that? Because there is no team willing to pick up his contract. He is going to no team unless released and the Chiefs eat it. the value is for us to milk him and get what we can out of what we paid.

The only stipulation is, as Chief31 brought out earlier, Todd Haley and the Cards track record of hardcore downhill running isnt good. But Haley also indicated that they wont be running a spread offense.

i was just looking at all the lj footage from years before and even last year. i do love his style! hit you in the mouth type stuff. my daughter, now almost 8, remembers me as having LJ" Larry Johnson" as everyother word out my mouth back in the day. I remember her drawing a picture of basically stick figures and such. they were playing football and one of them had # 27 on them and i was next to him along with her. she said...."thats Larry Johnson". thats why i feel ill towards his stuff. i told my baby he was "my man" and he kinda let me down. i miss seeeing him kick butt and i hope if we keep him he grows up to teach young kids to be all they can and not what you can get away with if you have money! i

Can we re name this thread Star Wars VII - revenge of the Nerds?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    no kidding. bunch of dorks!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    no kidding. bunch of dorks!
    Hey dang it I might or might not resemble those remarks, So I will focus and curb your thoughts thru the force!

our buy you a beer.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast