Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson is truley a piece of shart!

Default Larry Johnson is truley a piece of shart!

Larry Johnson used to be one of my favorite players on "our" team. But as of the last year or so i have realized what a sad , sad little man.....or boy , he is. PLEASE Chiefs, release this doo#he bag! I will give half my savings and everything i could pawn just to get rid of this little woman beatin baby!

If Pioli and Bellichick were able to tame Moss then I don't see why Johnson couldn't be tamed. To be honest, keeping him is better for both parties. He's has more value on the field than the street and I think scott and todd realise this. We can seriously still use him but he needs to be convinced that he is a part of the system and not a one man show which I don't think will be a problem for Pioli. Let's face it guys, nobody here is going to be booing LJ next year if he's tearin' off huge gains on the Broncos and Raiders. As long as he can be productive and play by the rules, I say we keep him... though, I would LOVE to see shonn greene out there instead :)
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

[quote=KansasCityChris;126951]Are you sure that you can't make a professional stance and realize what kind of production this guy can present on the field? In a buissness like the NFL there is no room for personal feelings such as the ones your having right now.

The guy "#27" doesnt want to play for us anyhow so ditch him!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Anything that can be said bout LJ has been said here.
    All the bad things anyway.......

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Are you sure that you can't make a professional stance and realize what kind of production this guy can present on the field? In a buissness like the NFL there is no room for personal feelings such as the ones your having right now. Of course I do understand as a fan you can simply say cut the butt hole and be completely happy with the result but, when your in a position such as Pioli or Haley and your looking at the make up of a team, the things you need vs the things that would be nice to have makes a result that would say screw the personal feelings we need to win and if we can motivate a guy that in

Started all 16 games at RB … Earned second straight Pro Bowl nod, joining RB Priest Holmes as just the second running back in Chiefs history to earn that distinction in two straight seasons … Received first-team All-Pro honors from AP … Won the 2006 Derrick Thomas Award as the Chiefs MVP, becoming the third straight player to claim the award in consecutive seasons … Produced a team-record 416 carries for 1,789 yards (4.3 avg.) with 17 TDs and 41 catches for 410 yards (10.0 avg.) with two TDs …

Started eight games at RB … Was inactive for seven contests with a right foot injury … Had 158 rushes for 559 yards (3.5 avg.) with three TDs and 30 receptions for 186 yards (6.2 avg.) with a TD .....

This is where the off field issues began and I think alot of it was due to the direction the CP and Herm the Worm were taking the team. They brought in young faster RBs (Jamal Charles)to share time with LJ and then out of nowhere Charles was getting more play time than LJ and my belief is that it had alot to do with the personal feelings that Herm had towards LJ and I wouldn't doubt if Carl The Team Wrecking Crew Petersen may had felt the same way as I read a post on another site during the season that read CP was leaving becasue Clark Hunt was unhappy about LJ not getting play time and that he wanted him to start and be a very big part of the team being a winner and because it didn't happen CP was asked to step down. I wasn't part of this forum then or I would have posted it here but I can totally believe that could happen . Clark wants a winner and so do the fans , either CP and Herm were attempting to get another big draft class this draft by losing a trading LJ and TG away to get them but the bottom line is Clark Hunt stepped up and we have the situation we have now. I think his Father would be proud of what he is doing for the Franchise. We have 7 picks in this draft with #3 over all and the pick up of Scott Pioli and Todd Haley has brought in the FA's that we have aquired. I see a winning situation when you add LJ into the mix but to allow personal feelings sway this would bring potential harm to the proccess we are in right now. That is how I feel about it at this point ;)
    Dude I agree plus i got a home and away jersey that are Authentic would eb pissed if LJ is traded LOL Jking But LJ still has it we just got to use him right and he will get pro bowl numbers !

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    If Pioli and Bellichick were able to tame Moss then I don't see why Johnson couldn't be tamed. To be honest, keeping him is better for both parties. He's has more value on the field than the street and I think scott and todd realise this. We can seriously still use him but he needs to be convinced that he is a part of the system and not a one man show which I don't think will be a problem for Pioli. Let's face it guys, nobody here is going to be booing LJ next year if he's tearin' off huge gains on the Broncos and Raiders. As long as he can be productive and play by the rules, I say we keep him... though, I would LOVE to see shonn greene out there instead :)

Dont forget the fizzlers lol

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Everyone is forgetting that when he was at the top of the league he had Preist Holmes lingering in the back of his mind. Wether or not he could keep his starting role on the team and he had to be better than Preist to do that well he did it , got his money then decided that he could skate as he knows there is nobody there to replace him right now. That is why I think we should draft a Moreno or Greene at RB. Give the team some new blood at the RB position and see what happens then. I bet there will be a bunch of defensive players on the other side of the ball from us getting blasted by LJ , he won't have a choice because his only other choice is to get traded then coast at another team until they decide he is a POS allthough I doubt it will happen, I can hope though. I would love to see Shonn Greene at HB for the Chiefs with Jamal Charles as his rotation guy, that would rule totally IMO.
    As far as I am concerned, LJ gets numbers to match the quality of blocking he's had.

Gret blockers in '05 = great numbers.

Pretty good blockers in '06 = pretty good numbers.

Terrible blockers in '07 = terrible numbers.

'08 being the one possible exception.

I think the change to the Spread offense kept opponents guessing most of the time.

But he did manage decent numbers with overall poor blocking.

To anyone who thinks we will be keeping him... Have you seen The Arizona Cardinals' rushing of recent history?

They have the worst rushing attack in The NFL. And the fact that they made it to The Super Bowl like that will only convince Haley that that is perfectly acceptable.

I don't think that our management feels like we need LJ. And I know that LJ feels like he doesn't need us.

But obviously, his departure is not done yet. So there is no guarantee that he is out.

Just seems like the writing is on the wall to me.

LJ played damn well last year once they found a way to use him in our new pass to gonzo offense that they came up with for Thiggy . He ran better than the other backs we ran last season. Heres a reply I made on another post just like this on another site . Dont burn me over the coals for it:

Hes got lots of milage left on his tires. He hasnt played a full season for like two years now. I say if hes committed to shutting his mouth and comes to work and trains hard and hits the holes hard then keep him. He is still a great football player and alot of teams would love to have him had he not did the stupid stuff he did off the field. Thats what killed his trade value. So we keep him and after his 4-8 game suspension we will have a fresh set of legs coming into the second half of the season to take some of the slack away from Kolby and Jamal . Some people really hate him now and I understand that , I am not thinking with my heart on this one. Im thinking its best for us if he stays in KC . Now saying that , he has no more second chances , He talks **** or screws up off the field then I say we take the hit and release him. I personally really like the guy and hope he stays and just shuts up and plays. I really wish we all knew exactly what happened in his bar incidents all of this is just hear-say to me. He had alot of people in that bar also saying that he didnt do it as much as the the ones that said he did. Its all stupid **** and hopefully behind him . if he feels like hes wanted here then he will in turn play like he wants to be here. I was at last years minicamp and I think he stayed afterwards until everyone that wanted an autograph got one. long after the other players hit the showers. Dont always be so quick to judge unless you know for a fact what has happened. noone is perfect and a famous guy with alot of money is a huge target for people to try and take down to their level.I wasnt there so Im not gonna convict him. Its only human to hate and be jealous of a guy who seems to have everything and I think some people thrive on trying to make sure they can knock em down a few pegs. In a Bar scene with alcohol flowing anything can happen. Ive seen alot harsher things said about LJ than of Stallworth after he got drunk and ran a guy over and killed him.

I guess i can say he does have great talent. i am just tired of hearing about players that dont wanna be on the team anymore. i want players that think about the team, and not themselves. i hope lj can overcome his selfishness, and become a chief.... but as of now i am considering him anything but a KC CHIEF! when they hit the field i would love to see him there pounding our opponents, but if he chooses to dis our team anylonger, i have no time for that.

I tend to believe that LJ was in the wrong in the bar incident.

Considering the huge loss of value that a league suspension carries with it, and all of the other financial backlash that comes with the plea, I can't imagine a player being so quick to plead guilty, if innocent.

However, in doing so, and admitting to wrong doing, he has earned some of my respect back.

Not enough. But some.

I definitely believe that LJ will be a FA before training camp starts.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast