Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

The more I think about the better of we are with Cassel under center.

I like Thigpen alot, but I now see the light why he is not really a starter. He lacks leadership I think. This is why Cassel will be our man.

Speaking of Cassel, I heard a rumor about his number being 7.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Matt Cassel is no Tom Brady, I don't think anyone should compare the 2.

Thigs problem is his completion percentage. I think Cassel is more of a leader. Trust me, I was rather pissed off about the Matt Cassel deal that went down at first.
    Obviously there is no comparison between Brady and Cassel with the exception of 2009 salary. If Cassel is or isn't more of a leader than Thigpen is purely speculation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I can tell you now that any of the NE Patriots will tell you about the leadership Matt has but you try to get the same thing for Thigpen from the Chiefs.There is your answer IMO.
    My school mate is a bit of a pats fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    My school mate is a bit of a pats fan.
    And "NO" he's not American.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 Toss Power Trap View Post
    I think it is too early to make that claim. If you look at what Cassel did with the Patriots, it was a sharp drop in production from what Tom Brady did with the same team. Brady: 16-0, 68.9 completion %, 4806 yards, 50 TD, 8 INT, 117.2 rating. Cassel: 10-5 (as a starter), 63.4%, 3693 yards, 21 TD, 11 INT, 89.4 rating. Still Cassel did put up decent numbers but he was playing on an elite Super Bowl contending team.

Tyler Thigpen: 1-10, 54.8%, 2608 yards, 18 TD, 12 INT, 76 rating. Similar numbers to Cassel, with the exception of his record. Difference being Thigpen was playing on a lousy team.

In my mind they are both pretty equal. I do like Thigpen's scrambling ability and his toughness (I hope Cassel can take a hit, this isn't the Patriots O-line). Until we see them both under center during training camp and the preseason it is too hard to tell which QB is better in my opinion.[/left]
    Comparing numbers is all well and good, but I think this has more to do with Haley and Pioli thinking that Cassel will be a better fit being the QB to run Haley's offense. If we are going to be a pass-happy offense, I see Cassel as a smart, accurate passer. You need a guy who can make the smart decision quickly and make a nice, accurate throw. Plus, Cassel is mobile enough in the pocket to buy time and make the throws necessary to continue a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    IDK, Phillph Rivers is pretty good. Cassel hasn't started many games.

Rivers is still to child like tho. Thats something Cassel does have over him.
    Rivers IS pretty talented I do agree, Look at the injuries Da Bolts suffered last year and go to there fourm and hear what they are saying. They are worried. No major moves, will there team hold up, who knows? I think we have more young talent and a good young QB, it may take time, but I Know we will get there and by the end of this season Chiefs Fans Everyehere will be saying, Oh yea baby! Here we come!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Rivers IS pretty talented I do agree, Look at the injuries Da Bolts suffered last year and go to there fourm and hear what they are saying. They are worried. No major moves, will there team hold up, who knows? I think we have more young talent and a good young QB, it may take time, but I Know we will get there and by the end of this season Chiefs Fans Everyehere will be saying, Oh yea baby! Here we come!!!!
    .......Because we will be heading to the SB and we will not have only TG in the Pro Bowl. We will have most of the Offence and defence there!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-bowe fan View Post
    yes he is number 7 the rumor of how that number came about is because his favorite player growing up was Joe Montana,and since he couldnt hve Joes #16 he took 1=6+7(i think its just a lucky guess
    I am not sure where u went to skool, but 1 does not =6+7 :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He went to school in Canada. Did you have some schooling in the States?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    He went to school in Canada. Did you have some schooling in the States?
    I know how to count!! 6 pack, 12 pack, 18 pack, case, 28 pack...its not that hard!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    This is the problem that happens with the modern day technology, everybody forgets about the basic way of doing mathematical equations. Fingers and toes!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast