Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

The more I think about the better of we are with Cassel under center.

I like Thigpen alot, but I now see the light why he is not really a starter. He lacks leadership I think. This is why Cassel will be our man.

Speaking of Cassel, I heard a rumor about his number being 7.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I really don't care what # Cassell wears just as long as he kicks butt and is our QB of the future for many years to come. Now that Cutler will soon be out of the AFC West and the donkies are without a QB things are looking even better. With any luck the Bolts will put off signing a long term deal with Rivers and they will be in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I really don't care what # Cassell wears just as long as he kicks butt and is our QB of the future for many years to come. Now that Cutler will soon be out of the AFC West and the donkies are without a QB things are looking even better. With any luck the Bolts will put off signing a long term deal with Rivers and they will be in the same boat.
    Thats true but........some people really want a Cassel Jersey.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

much ado about nothing, his number will not affect his play, i will reserve judgement on who should be under center until i see both behind the same line against the same defense.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Thats true but........some people really want a Cassel Jersey.
    Well my point is when his # comes out, which I guess it has, I really would not care if it was #00, we can all still get a Cassell jersey. I just hope and dream he is our next Tom Brady, Joe Montana or kurt Warner. One that will be here for years to come and throw those long deep passes into the end zone and here those words over and over again "TOUCHDOWN, KANSAS CITY!"

Lucky number 7 !! Matt is going to be the savior. He's already the best quarterback in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    Lucky number 7 !! Matt is going to be the savior. He's already the best quarterback in the division.
    IDK, Phillph Rivers is pretty good. Cassel hasn't started many games.

Rivers is still to child like tho. Thats something Cassel does have over him.

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    The more I think about the better of we are with Cassel under center.

I like Thigpen a lot, but I now see the light why he is not really a starter. He lacks leadership I think. This is why Cassel will be our man.

I think it is too early to make that claim. If you look at what Cassel did with the Patriots, it was a sharp drop in production from what Tom Brady did with the same team. Brady: 16-0, 68.9 completion %, 4806 yards, 50 TD, 8 INT, 117.2 rating. Cassel: 10-5 (as a starter), 63.4%, 3693 yards, 21 TD, 11 INT, 89.4 rating. Still Cassel did put up decent numbers but he was playing on an elite Super Bowl contending team.

Tyler Thigpen: 1-10, 54.8%, 2608 yards, 18 TD, 12 INT, 76 rating. Similar numbers to Cassel, with the exception of his record. Difference being Thigpen was playing on a lousy team.

In my mind they are both pretty equal. I do like Thigpen's scrambling ability and his toughness (I hope Cassel can take a hit, this isn't the Patriots O-line). Until we see them both under center during training camp and the preseason it is too hard to tell which QB is better in my opinion.

It wasn't just Brady that went 16-0. They played some close games down the stretch in 2007 and were fortunate enough to be on the winning side. Their team was a little older and a little rustier the following season, I don't think the difference between Brady and Cassell was 5 games. Maybe 1 or 2 of the close games at best, the other 3 games they lost, they were blown out. You can't bank on an offense to outperform another team in a shootout game. Brady also has been the number one for a while, it took years for him (and the team) to get to that 16-0 position. With that said, I think it is pretty admirable how he stepped in and performed, leading them to what should have been another playoff season and potential Superbowl run.

For the record I was equally impressed with Thigpen, I'd feel comfortable with either at the helm next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 Toss Power Trap View Post
    I think it is too early to make that claim. If you look at what Cassel did with the Patriots, it was a sharp drop in production from what Tom Brady did with the same team. Brady: 16-0, 68.9 completion %, 4806 yards, 50 TD, 8 INT, 117.2 rating. Cassel: 10-5 (as a starter), 63.4%, 3693 yards, 21 TD, 11 INT, 89.4 rating. Still Cassel did put up decent numbers but he was playing on an elite Super Bowl contending team.

Tyler Thigpen: 1-10, 54.8%, 2608 yards, 18 TD, 12 INT, 76 rating. Similar numbers to Cassel, with the exception of his record. Difference being Thigpen was playing on a lousy team.

In my mind they are both pretty equal. I do like Thigpen's scrambling ability and his toughness (I hope Cassel can take a hit, this isn't the Patriots O-line). Until we see them both under center during training camp and the preseason it is too hard to tell which QB is better in my opinion.[/left]
    Matt Cassel is no Tom Brady, I don't think anyone should compare the 2.

Thigs problem is his completion percentage. I think Cassel is more of a leader. Trust me, I was rather pissed off about the Matt Cassel deal that went down at first.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast