Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do most here want A Curry with their 1st pick?

Default Do most here want A Curry with their 1st pick?

I was just curious if most were wanting the Chiefs to pick A Curry with their 1st pick? I was thinking back and can't remember a LB being chosen 1st overall in over 15 years. I have not done ANY research on this just going by memory. I know there have been a few at #2 and #3 but that is about as high as I can remember. I think he is the best player in the draft but if you look at some of the best LB's in the games history, a lot of them have come after the 3rd overall pick. Can we afford to pass on him or trade down? I think we take him!!!

with the pick-up of Goff i think we can get OL in the later rounds.

Curry or Orakpo for me.
    Then OL in the 3rd or Ron Brace the for NT..

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    with the pick-up of Goff i think we can get OL in the later rounds.

Curry or Orakpo for me.
    Then OL in the 3rd or Ron Brace the for NT..
    I'm in the very same camp!

1st: Curry
    2nd: Cassell, Vrabel
    3rd: Brace
    4th: RT

That would be serious progress. Next year, we could add some depth.

We HAVE to get some kinda pass rush off the edge. Or we are looking at loosing alot of close games again next year.
    Our Oline with Goff and picking up a stud late will be fine. Our left side of the line is stout. Center is meh. Right side now with Goff is ok. Taylor and McIntosh can battle it out for RT if need be i think either can make soem progress and become OK.

now on D. We for SURE need a DE. I personally would like to get Orakpo simply because he can play 4-3 DE and then switch to 3-4 OLB and rush from there. Curry is a stud though and if he is there at #3 and we take him i won't be upset. He can still rush off the edge he just was not asked to at wake forest. I think either Orakpo or Curry will take huge strides in our D. Hopefully Orakpo though since our front line needs more work then whats behind them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I think Brace will be gone early to mid 2nd round. With the 3-4 being the flavor of the month, a quality nt will be harder to be had. I think grab Ragi with our 3rd pick...
    SHUT IT

That's the way i'm thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Same here. Although trading down and getting Maualuga wouldn't be exactly terrible either.

I like Curry. He'll be a good player. But 3 is way too high for an LB who doesn't rush the passer.

That's why Im nto sold on Curry we need someone that can rush the passer now to be fair they didnt really allow him to in college so he may be a beast at that as well I wouldnt shed tears of sadness if we did get curry but I am kinda leaning to a big OT or the more i watch film Raji or Orapko cause we need someone to get pressure on the QB

We HAVE to get some kinda pass rush off the edge. Or we are looking at loosing alot of close games again next year.
    Our Oline with Goff and picking up a stud late will be fine. Our left side of the line is stout. Center is meh. Right side now with Goff is ok. Taylor and McIntosh can battle it out for RT if need be i think either can make soem progress and become OK.

now on D. We for SURE need a DE. I personally would like to get Orakpo simply because he can play 4-3 DE and then switch to 3-4 OLB and rush from there. Curry is a stud though and if he is there at #3 and we take him i won't be upset. He can still rush off the edge he just was not asked to at wake forest. I think either Orakpo or Curry will take huge strides in our D. Hopefully Orakpo though since our front line needs more work then whats behind them right now.

See I am with you I simply think Orapko would bring more right away to our Defense because thats what he did in college I also agree they ddin't use Curry to rush the QB so he may be a suprize because of his athletism be a monster and hoenstly I am a huge Dorsey fan and would love to see anyone come in and help him become more productive.

This team has so many needs that the Chiefs will be able to take OT,LB, or DE and feel good about their pick. If Curry is there and the Chiefs take him, I won't complain. The only way I would complain is if the Chiefs drafed a QB,CB, RB, or WR with the #3 pick.

I would love to see a trade down scenario take place where the Chiefs could land a 1st and 2nd round pick.
    I agree also!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I don't hate the pick theres a use for him but I'm on the Monroe/J.Smith bandwagon; trench builders if you will.
    Me too.

This team has so many needs that the Chiefs will be able to take OT,LB, or DE and feel good about their pick. If Curry is there and the Chiefs take him, I won't complain. The only way I would complain is if the Chiefs drafed a QB,CB, RB, or WR with the #3 pick.

I would love to see a trade down scenario take place where the Chiefs could land a 1st and 2nd round pick.
    Agreed, completely.

The primary reason foer our record breaking Sacks total may have been less about the players, and more about the refusal to blitz....ever.

This season, there is no way that we continue to try and run Herm Edwards' 'no-blitz' defense, without a true pass rusher.

The suggestion of a hybrid 3-4/4-3 tells me that there will be plenty of blitzing this season.

So, rather we add some 'Sack King', or not, I believe that our pass rush is already greatly improved.

I think that 'No Blitz' situation was likely a rift between Gunther and Herm last season.

I would bet that Gunther knew he could not get pressure from the front four, with what he had, but had to do as told by the HC.

I think their disagreement led to stubbornness that had each guy allowing the defense to be horrible, to expose each other as poor coaches.

i won't be to upset w/Curry, but remember DJ was supposed to be a can't miss super athletic LB also, but i would prefer a top OL or a pass rusher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12