Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LJ is keeping an 'open mind' about staying a chief

Default LJ is keeping an 'open mind' about staying a chief

Running back Larry Johnson could return to Chiefs, agent says - ESPN

I was suprised he will be atending team workouts, thats very unLJ like. I think its sounding more and more likely Larry will be a Chief next year.

LJs so full of it. The only reason he's acting this way is because the Chiefs are currently in the process of filing a grievance against him so they can cut him without having to pay his salary. If he isn't on his best behavior, then they'd definitely cut him if they win. He won't get anywhere close to the money he's getting right now elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    LJs so full of it. The only reason he's acting this way is because the Chiefs are currently in the process of filing a grievance against him so they can cut him without having to pay his salary. If he isn't on his best behavior, then they'd definitely cut him if they win. He won't get anywhere close to the money he's getting right now elsewhere.
    Great post in my opinion. LJ just wants to step lightly get his money and look good so Haley doesn't cut him. Then when he's on board for the season, they lose a game or two, he doesn't get his carries or someone says the wrong thing to him he'll blow up yet again. You can't change someone that doesn't want to change.

I'm hoping they'll win the claim and then we can either keep LJ or get rid of him. I hate being tied to someone simply because it's to expensive to get rid of them...and yes, I'm refering to LJ.

I think that some people in life NEED direction and not what Herm gave and tht is it's ok I am on your side you will do better crap and Dick V. did'nt help LJ's mood. Alot of people join the military cause they are just a flat screw up and I wrong? Todd H. is going to bring that I don't care about that attitude and make people follow his way or be gone and LJ does not want to lose out on money. I really think that 1 season under his new coach will help shape him into who he needs to be as a FOOTBALL player and well the off the field junk LJ needs to mature.

LJ is doing it for LJ..

Just like some people had mentioned, when a player acts out alot (aka cutler) it limits teams. Hes basically working out in hopes he can look good to another team who will come in and pick him up.

Also, of course hes keeping an open mind about being a chief, if Pioli decides not to trade him, he WILL play, becuase if he doesnt he wont get paid, and thats all he really cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    The CHiefs won't cut LJ but if they win the junction against him they will just simply adjust the contract so he can still be with the team , just not at the price he weasled out of CP. I really can't believe that he got away with the blackmale job he pulled on us but CP didn't know what to do. He didn't know we could just rely on Kolby Smith as he was basically a Rookie unknown as far as the NFL Level of play. If he only knew then LJ wouldn't be a Chief now.
    If The Chiefs do win, then they are allowed to nullify his contract, or not. (I believe.)

I don't think that they have the option to retain him without paying him, unless they renegotiate with him.

We all know that LJ doesn't want to be here. So he will likely try the open market, as opposed to allowing The Chiefs to lock him up for a lesser muli-year deal.

Perhaps there is a a one-year contract that could be agreed upon. But why would The Chiefs even want that, considering that he may not be allowed to play for half of the season?

I'm not certain that he is gone. But I can't see why The Chiefs wouldn't take this opportunity to rid themselves of a major headache.

For some odd reason i think he could have a break out year if he has the right attitude. I kinda hope we keep him. Although tomarrow i might loose that thought

I don't believe the junction has been filed yet, it was something that was mentioned by the KC Star as they hate LJ with a passion and posted the story to generate some negativity in the KC area towards him. If they do you can bet your a$$ they are doing it to have the ability to redo his contract but not to cut him as we really don't have the best backing crew for RB's right now. I seen in the interview Haley gave that he considers this an opertunity for all players to be on a level field. That means that it is possible they are gonna leave LJ alone and see if he pulls any crap, then do what they need to but if he is happy and gonna do early drills , I am all for it as he can help us on the field if he is in a positive way.
    If they can get him at a real bargain price, then I will be fine with that.

But they can't do that without LJ agreeing to a new contract. And some other team is willing to pay him more than he is worth, so I imagine he will go for that, as opposed to staying here for less.

The Chiefs don't hold all of the cards here. But the ability to cut him is a trump card that we have been sorely missing these past two years.

If only we could get a behavior/leadership incentive clause in his contract...

I don't understand what basis your making all of these statements from. The Chiefs have not filed any type of action against LJ nor has the league as far as I know. As I stated above the KC Star posted a story saying the Chiefs COULD do it but wether it happens or has happened I don't think it has nor will happen.

Sports Illustrated?

Kansas City Chiefs News, Schedule, Photos, Stats, Players, NFL Football - SI.com

Yahoo Sports?

Larry Johnson - Kansas City Chiefs - News - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Fox Sports?

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Kansas City Chiefs Team Front

The hearing is happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast