Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LJ is keeping an 'open mind' about staying a chief

Default LJ is keeping an 'open mind' about staying a chief

Running back Larry Johnson could return to Chiefs, agent says - ESPN

I was suprised he will be atending team workouts, thats very unLJ like. I think its sounding more and more likely Larry will be a Chief next year.

Well, its nice that LJ is keeping an open mind about staying a Chief - considering he is under contract.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    They all said there was no ruling made. As I said before you are speculating and assuming. I will wait to see what they rule then continue that conversation. As for him stating keeping an open mind, I think that is alot better than the last public statement the man made, whether it's manufactured or ot is another issue and only him and his agent know that.
    I still hope he remains a Chief.
    The reply that you are responding to has no assumptions.

It is just links to show that the Chiefs do have an ongoing action against LJ.

The only reason I posted that, is because you Said this...

I don't understand what basis your making all of these statements from. The Chiefs have not filed any type of action against LJ nor has the league as far as I know. As I stated above the KC Star posted a story saying the Chiefs COULD do it but wether it happens or has happened I don't think it has nor will happen.
    And, with having said this as well...

I watch the NFL Network 24/7. I also am online reading about the Chiefs and so forth so yes I do understand the situation that is in front of LJ and the team at this time and as far as I am concerned you are making alot of assumption calls and one thing I learned when one assumes too much, it makes an a$$ outt youand me. I don't think anything major will happen with LJ this season unless he pulls out a pistol and shoots someone as the league is dealing with Plexico Burress and his gun and shooting himself in the leg situation. What LJ did isn't even news on NFL.com nor is it news on the NFL Network or even Chiefs.com. Only place it's news is on the KC Star and in the posted threads of forums like this one. I just don't see the scenerio your laying out and feel that your wishing for it to happen more than knowing it will but, that is just my opinion.
    I would have thought that you would have known about this...

Clearly I am speculating. Most of what goes on around is speculation and opinion.

Can you tell me that you don't do that at all?

(Watch out. I sometimes find things around here. )

Anyway, I try to make sure that all of my guesses and speculations are labeled as such. But mistakes do happen.

Your making some in your guesses and assumptions as well as speculations regarding LJ. I doubt he will sit out the entire season or even half. We will soon see what happens , lets try to continue the conversation about this then so we have some concrete evidence to discuss instead of debating over wether or not he is having a trial. I can't wait til there is more posotive things to discuss instead of bashing players that will be helping us get to the Superbowl.
    If it's ok with you? I am going to continue to express guesses and assumptions. Just as you do.

But if it's facts that you would rather discuss, I am prepared for that too.

And the fact that LJ was suspended last season, before pleading guilty to two separate incidents, does seem rather compelling.

In FACT, (I will let you look this one up, if you wish) the league suspensions tend to get worse for repeat offenders.

All you are doing lately is arguing the color of the grass.

LJ has trouble ahead of him. You know it, as do I. It's been getting covered by the major sports news networks just in the past few days.

And with the threat (At the absolute least) of suspension looming for LJ, with a huge contract, his value is extremely low.

Argue the grass color all you want. But it is all for nothing.

The situation is real for LJ and The Chiefs. Being allowed to get out of that contract with LJ would be a huge blessing to this team.

That is why they are trying to.

There has to be a team out there that would be willing to pay his contract. LJ is still a premier back in the league. I say trade his butt for atleast some picks. Why cut him? Get nothing for him? Thats crazy. Im sure the Browns, Saints or even Bears would take a look at him. I could see the Saints getting him instead of drafting a RB such as Beanie Wells from Ohio State.

LJ had the Master meeting on Wednesday, no IMO if and I do say IF the Chiefs win the grevince then they can redo his contract and pay him less money. I do not think at this time there has been much interest in LJ but if the Chiefs win well that could very much change. Now, Pioli could do what some say he does best and wheel and deal his way to another pick but that would leave us with another spot to fill unless it involved some sort of a trade deal a we all could go on forever with that one.

I'm all for getting the $$$$ back but he will come back to the Chiefs for one reason and one reason only, he has no value to any other team since he hasn't played a full 16 game season as a starting back in 2 years , MY GUESS on that is he would accept a 1 or 2 year contract with the Chiefs to try and rebuild his stock so when his contract is up and he becomes a Free Agent he will be able to get a bigger payday. Who knows , he might win a Championship in the proccess.
    I really don't care about the color of grass but I do understand how having a professional attitude affects pay days in any job situation and the CHiefs are using this to their advantage to aquire the funds LJ don't deserve but, LJ will need a job and he will be willing to negotiate, that is unless he wants to get signed by a losing squad and from the negative reports he blurted out on KC local radio stations during last season and towards the end he doesn't want to be on a losing squad . No winning team or team with great chemistry will want to pick up LJ in fear of his attitude. However like I said when I started this paragraph, I am guessing as I do not know Larry Johnson personally.
    So basically, this all boils down to your guess that he would rather get a paycut here, than with another team.

If The Chiefs win this grievance, then he is going to have to take a paycut either way.

But I do believe that if they di, in fact, win, then they are allowed to cut him without the penalty of paying his guaranteed money.

The option of keeping him locked under contract, without honoring the contract doesn't seem like anything that I have ever heard of, nor would believe without it happening.

And then, I would be quite shocked.

But I have seen things that have shocked me before. So I suppose that I can't rule that out, until I get the details. (Not in the mood to research it right now.)

But, with LJ having expressed and displayed a desire to not play for The Chiefs, I have to believe that he would choose to try the open market, over staying here, any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So basically, this all boils down to your guess that he would rather get a paycut here, than with another team.

If The Chiefs win this grievance, then he is going to have to take a paycut either way.

But I do believe that if they di, in fact, win, then they are allowed to cut him without the penalty of paying his guaranteed money.

The option of keeping him locked under contract, without honoring the contract doesn't seem like anything that I have ever heard of, nor would believe without it happening.

And then, I would be quite shocked.

But I have seen things that have shocked me before. So I suppose that I can't rule that out, until I get the details. (Not in the mood to research it right now.)

But, with LJ having expressed and displayed a desire to not play for The Chiefs, I have to believe that he would choose to try the open market, over staying here, any day of the week.

The entire Masters Meeting is about Money. Breach of Contract. If they win it IS my understanding he will stll be under contract with the Chiefs but the Chiefs will not have to pay the full amount due in his current contract. They will (if the Chiefs win) will be able to cut him and owe him nothing. LJ is currently a bad apple to alot of teams and no one will want him for what is is owed now. So with that said he will have to take a pay cut one way or another. It's his loss if he still wants to leave and if the Chiefs win, well who knows what Pioli will do next...

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    For some odd reason i think he could have a break out year if he has the right attitude. I kinda hope we keep him. Although tomarrow i might loose that thought
    I agree with the . GO LJ!!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

The NFL is a business, and players are first and foremost employees of the business. Naturally, players are going to be more selfish than others, allbeit, some more than others (Larry Fitz wanting to take a pay cut is pretty admirable). If the new management can work a deal and get the best out of LJ, on and off the field, who cares if LJ does it for LJ. I bet 90% of the league is just as selfish, you just have to know how to adapt to and control the situations (unlike the Redskins and nowadays the Donkeys). LJ is still the best running back the Chiefs have, give him a reason to excel for himself and he'll excel for the team too.

I'm all for getting the $$$$ back but he will come back to the Chiefs for one reason and one reason only, he has no value to any other team since he hasn't played a full 16 game season as a starting back in 2 years , MY GUESS on that is he would accept a 1 or 2 year contract with the Chiefs to try and rebuild his stock so when his contract is up and he becomes a Free Agent he will be able to get a bigger payday. Who knows , he might win a Championship in the proccess.
    I really don't care about the color of grass but I do understand how having a professional attitude affects pay days in any job situation and the CHiefs are using this to their advantage to aquire the funds LJ don't deserve but, LJ will need a job and he will be willing to negotiate, that is unless he wants to get signed by a losing squad and from the negative reports he blurted out on KC local radio stations during last season and towards the end he doesn't want to be on a losing squad . No winning team or team with great chemistry will want to pick up LJ in fear of his attitude. However like I said when I started this paragraph, I am guessing as I do not know Larry Johnson personally.
    HUH? The dude is 30 years old!! LJ's big paydays and contracts are behind him. The median playing time for a runningback in the NFL is 5 seasons. Couple that with his attitude and off-field problems and you can easily see the writing on the wall. LJ is officially cooked.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast