Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With the Cutler deal comes an intresting scenario..

Default With the Cutler deal comes an intresting scenario..

So i'm watching NFL Total Access and they are talking about the bronco's needing a QB now. All the guys on NFL Network all agree the only QB in the draft that they think would fit into the Bronco's scheme is Mark Sanchez.
    Well the Bronco's have the 12th and 18th picks. I don't see Sanchez making it past the niners at 10.
    So IF the bronco's do want sanchez they are going to have to most likely move up into the top three. especially if detroit takes stafford. Since some mocks have seattle looking at the future at QB.

So who thinks it's possible old scott pioli makes a call to his old OC McDaniels and offers up a deal saying you can have our #3 for your #12 and #18? Or possible Denver's #12 and second rd.
    I for one want to keep the #3 and get curry or orakpo. Although pioli has made it known that he is open to dealing the #3.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Bro , he is only 12 yrs old, please keep it clean. I don't like grammer correctionists either but in a kinder less slang manner is allgood :)
    Don't worry about it. me and my friends swear all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I understand buddy but this is a public site and it is respectful to keep the slang to a minimum and if I do it I expect the others to tell me the same as I am now because it reflects on the site.
    Yeah, I know, it's only amongst my friends.

Hey all whats going on? Im home on leave and catching up on alot of Chiefs news..Im new to this site I get to check it once in awhile when im over there.

Let me chime in on this tread. I DO NOT want the Chiefs to trade Cassel to the Donkeys. I really dont want them doing anything that can help the Broncs out. I want them to start Orton and them fail miserable this season. He has no arm to throw the ball deep to Marshal.

I love the fact Cutler is gone. And yes this does throw a curve ball into the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFanOhio View Post
    Hey all whats going on? Im home on leave and catching up on alot of Chiefs news..Im new to this site I get to check it once in awhile when im over there.

Let me chime in on this tread. I DO NOT want the Chiefs to trade Cassel to the Donkeys. I really dont want them doing anything that can help the Broncs out. I want them to start Orton and them fail miserable this season. He has no arm to throw the ball deep to Marshal.

I love the fact Cutler is gone. And yes this does throw a curve ball into the draft.
    I do not want to help the donks in any way either. The #12 and #18 picks are close to a wash for our #3. IF and I mean IF they were to give up some more boot, how do you not make the deal? If he hollers make him pay... just a question. I mean a 2nd round pick parlayed to two first(maybe 3? how bad do you want him McDaniels?) you get O-line, LB, DE.

If this is going to happen, Seattle will have to show a LOT of interest in Sanchez leading up to the draft.

I like the idea of trading our 1st round pic, even tho it is the Broncos. You can't tell me getting #12 and #18 wouldn't be worth it. We probably could sign both those guys for the price of the #3. We probably give up the chance at Curry and/or Orakpo but we can get guys like Maualuga/Cushing/Brown/Maybin/Ayers/T. Jackson and maybe one of the 4 OT's could drop to 12 (A. Smith/Oher). It also gives us an option of a RB (Moreno/Wells) depending on how the Larry Johnson situation pans out. And who knows, maybe Pioli can trade one of those picks to acquire more picks. I'm licking my chops at all the possibilities; this should be one exciting draft to watch.

And as far as this helping the Broncos? Maybe at best. Sanchez will take time to develop and hopefully by then we'll have a firm hold on the AFC West year after year. If Pioli though Sanchez was that good he wouldn't have traded for Cassell and would just draft the guy. And he might be a huge bust too...only one decent-good year at USC? Lots of upside, sure, but Alex Smith had a lot of upside too.
    Last edited by cjsfw2; 04-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.

It would be dumb to trade Cassell and help out the Broncos.. But we could trade down and get a later first and a early second. I'd be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I don't think there is anyway we give up cassell to the donks. No way. They just lost their franchise qb. No way we are giving them possibly another one. we will deal the pick with them but no way we deal cassell with them.
    I agree, why put them out of their misery?

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I do not want to help the donks in any way either. The #12 and #18 picks are close to a wash for our #3. IF and I mean IF they were to give up some more boot, how do you not make the deal? If he hollers make him pay... just a question. I mean a 2nd round pick parlayed to two first(maybe 3? how bad do you want him McDaniels?) you get O-line, LB, DE.
    3rd pick is a wash for 12 and 18th. So it coud happen in theory. Usually something like this would never happen between two teams within the same division, but obviously McDaniels and Pioli have a history together. If Pioli pulled that kind of trade off, this would have to go down as one of the best off-seasons the Chiefs have had in decades.

It could happen if these things take place:
    1. Detroit take Stafford or Sanchez
    2. Seattle gives any impression that they will take a QB.

I think Detroit is almost forced to take a QB now after this trade. There are too many teams that need a QB drafting before they pick again at #20. Those teams could include: Seattle, Jacksonville, San Fran, Denver, NYJ, and TB. Stafford supposedly had an incredible workout for the Lions this week as well. The Lions can still get a big time LB at #20 like Cushing, Maulauga, etc.

There are only 3 QB's with a 1st round grade; Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman. After that, you have Pat White who is more likely to play WR in the NFL. After Pat White, nobody is projected to go before the 5th round.

So if Stafford or Sanchez goes #1, the only way to guarantee yourself that you get one of the Top 3 QB's in this draft is to trade up for KC's spot since Seattle picks #4. Some believed that Seattle would draft Crabtree at #4, but with the addition of TJ Housmanzadeh, there is now some doubt. And that doubt is what brings huge value to KC's #3 slot. Combine this with the fact that not many teams are in love with Freeman. Then you have 2 QB's and and as many as 7 teams needing one. Even if Pioli doesn't have anyone trying to make this trade, he can still call Seattle and bluff that them into moving up 1 spot. Bsed on the draft value chart, that could mean a mid-2nd rouind pick as compensation just for moving down 1 spot. The more I think about this, the more excited I get.

It could happen for the Chiefs. Last week I would have said no way, but because of the Cutler trade it now seems there is a decent chance.

I personally hope the Chiefs can trade out of the #3 spot.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-04-2009 at 02:27 PM.

ST Louis is now saying they are willing to deal the #2 pick.
    Either StL or us are getting outta our pick i'm pretty sure.
    Might end up being StL since if teams are serious about moving up they might aswell jump to #2 and not take the chance. Even though StL probably won't take a QB

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    ST Louis is now saying they are willing to deal the #2 pick.
    Either StL or us are getting outta our pick i'm pretty sure.
    Might end up being StL since if teams are serious about moving up they might aswell jump to #2 and not take the chance. Even though StL probably won't take a QB
    There is that wrinkle, but why pay the extra money and draft compensation to move 2 spots in front of Seattle when everyone knows that STL will not take a QB. If you are just trying to out-maneuver the next team, then you could pull it off with less money and draft pick compensation by upping your offer to KC.

Let's assume for a second I'm wrong, and some team does pay STL to swap 1st round spots. Now KC is the only way to guarantee yourself a 1st round QB. The other 6 teams that were outbid for the #2 spot, now have no choice but to trade up for Freeman if they want a 1st round QB. This scenario could be even better.

i really hope they do trade up for Sanchez, bc as it looks now, the Donks are going to be getting a top 3 pick next year...which means They will get a lightning QB NEXT year (Bradford)....

if they trade away two top picks for one Mark Sanchez, whom i think is overrated anyways, i think they will be making a huge mistake..and we all know how much we love Donk mistakes....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12