Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Jay Cutler helps the Chiefs again

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Jay Cutler helps the Chiefs again

By: CoachJay Cutler has now been traded to the Bears. Finally, we can stop hearing the overrated QB's name. But does it have draft implications? You bet it does. This could now put the Broncos in the hunt for a QB of the future. Would Denver want to trade up to get Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford? The 3rd pick in the 2009 NFL draft is equivalent in Draft Value Points to the 12th and 18th picks in the 1st round. So it coud happen in theory. Usually something like this would never happen...

More...

Food for thought...There were several QB's that had a cannon for an arm and it did take a little time to get them settled in and on target. Some examples..Farve and Marino come to mind and Marino was better much sooner.

I'm not gonna say that Cutler is the best ever. Looking at his record and taking everything into consideration, ie: diabetes battle in '07 and a partial year in '06, Last year was his "real" first season and there were plenty of obstacles to overcome such as the RB injuries, a rookie wide out and a crummy defense.

I think last year really matured him as an NFL QB and he will excel more this upcoming year. Afterall, his was voted to the Pro Bowl for a reason, right?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Food for thought...There were several QB's that had a cannon for an arm and it did take a little time to get them settled in and on target. Some examples..Farve and Marino come to mind and Marino was better much sooner.

I'm not gonna say that Cutler is the best ever. Looking at his record and taking everything into consideration, ie: diabetes battle in '07 and a partial year in '06, Last year was his "real" first season and there were plenty of obstacles to overcome such as the RB injuries, a rookie wide out and a crummy defense.

I think last year really matured him as an NFL QB and he will excel more this upcoming year. Afterall, his was voted to the Pro Bowl for a reason, right?

Cheers!
    If I had to make a judgement right now, I would say he is over rated. All I see from '06 and '07 are excuses. Then last year in his "real" season he blew a three game lead in the weakest division in football in the last three weeks of the season.

I alo think his maturity (or lack thereof) really showed in the whole McDaniels slap fight they had going on. To not answer your phone when the owner and coach of your team are calling is just plain childish. I know these guys are yound and I know his ego got bruised when they entertained a trade but the NFL is a business and he should know that. I think he handled the entire thing poorly.

This is not to say that he does not have the potential to become a great QB. Personally I think his ego and attitude are going to be his big downfall unless he grows up real quick. There is no room for a "ME ME ME" attitude. Just ask T.O. and LJ where all their SB rings are!!

Just my two cents!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

...and his pro bowl performance was embarassing compared to the rest of the QBs in Hawaii!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

It really was pretty embarassing how childish he acted about the MCDaniels thing. The whole situation boiled down to two things.
    1. He was pissed when Shanahan was let go and they brought in a new OC.
    2. He wanted more money/contract extension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12