Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Jay Cutler helps the Chiefs again

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Jay Cutler helps the Chiefs again


    0 Not allowed!
    By: CoachJay Cutler has now been traded to the Bears. Finally, we can stop hearing the overrated QB's name. But does it have draft implications? You bet it does. This could now put the Broncos in the hunt for a QB of the future. Would Denver want to trade up to get Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford? The 3rd pick in the 2009 NFL draft is equivalent in Draft Value Points to the 12th and 18th picks in the 1st round. So it coud happen in theory. Usually something like this would never happen...

    More...

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I am really hoping this trade happens, mainly because it would be a huge risk for the Broncos and very UN-patriot like for their new coach. They would give up both their picks to take a QB, yes with a huge upside, but who only had 1 decent-good year at USC...a team with a LOT of playmakers. So at best he's a 50:50 shot at being a DECENT nfl qb. And maybe only a 5% overall chance of being as good a stud as Cutler and that will take at least 2-3 years to happen. Trading away 2 1st round picks would mean they risk everything on Sanchez without addressing their dire defensive woes in the 1st round.

    So at BEST the donks will have a good offense but not as good as last year (Cutler vs. Orton/Simms/Sanchez?) and a defense that would have a bunch of washed up vets and lower round draft picks. The donks overall seem to be on the decline for the next few years.

    As far as the Chiefs benefiting from this trade...its a no doubter. I know we'd be giving up our chance at Curry/Orakpo...but think of all the guys that should be there for us at #12, and then at #18 too. We could have the choice of DL's Maybin/T. Jackson/Ayers, LB's Maualuga/Cushing, OT Oher....and then the prospect of those guys who may DROP to #12 like Raji, Maclin, A. Smith, E. Brown. And what about a RB if the Larry Johnson situtation turns sour? One of the 2 studs Moreno/Wells would probably be available at #18...or someone that wants one of them can trade.

    Bottom line is...I expect Pioli will shop this #3 pick...A LOT. Even if the trade is not with the Broncos, I assume he hasn't forgotten the Patriot way of trading down to get more solid players than guys with a chance of being stars.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I guess it all depends on whether Denver thinks that Seattle and Detroit are picking up QB's. I personally think they are, and I think that Denver will definitely try to trade up for a chance at Sanchez, but with who is the question? I know one thing, I cannot wait for the Draft, its like the second Christmas of the year for me, lol.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This whole thing is a guessing game, if the Lions take a QB with the first pick it will be Matt Stafford, he is the better of the two and next would be , the rams, what would the Donkies have to give up to get the # 2 spot or better yet what would Pioli give up to move up a spot or two?

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I guess it all depends on whether Denver thinks that Seattle and Detroit are picking up QB's. I personally think they are, and I think that Denver will definitely try to trade up for a chance at Sanchez, but with who is the question? I know one thing, I cannot wait for the Draft, its like the second Christmas of the year for me, lol.
    I really don't see the Donks trying to trade down to the #3 spot this year for an underclassman QB. But the mere fact that they could forces other teams to consider it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    This whole thing is a guessing game, if the Lions take a QB with the first pick it will be Matt Stafford, he is the better of the two and next would be , the rams, what would the Donkies have to give up to get the # 2 spot or better yet what would Pioli give up to move up a spot or two?
    Donks could probably land the #2 spot in exchange for both of their 1st round picks as well. It's not exact draft value points, but you can't expect that because of the salary costs associated with those high picks. I highly doubt that Denver makes this move though. They will give Simms and Orton one year to prove whether they can be "the" guy.


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    By: CoachJay Cutler has now been traded to the Bears. Finally, we can stop hearing the overrated QB's name. But does it have draft implications? You bet it does. This could now put the Broncos in the hunt for a QB of the future. Would Denver want to trade up to get Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford? The 3rd pick in the 2009 NFL draft is equivalent in Draft Value Points to the 12th and 18th picks in the 1st round. So it coud happen in theory. Usually something like this would never happen...

    More...
    While all of that info is a great read I have to disagree with Cutler being deemed as "overrated". He was in the top 10 last year with a terrible Defense, a rookie WR and about 8 different runnning backs. On top of that, it was his first, full, healthy season (diabetes).

    I think many will see that he will improve even more this year. Also, as food for thought, should the Bears have an "average" season at best, I would look for Cutler and Shanny to reunite there in Chicago.

    Regardless....With him out of our division, I believe it increases our chances of being crowned AFC WEST CHAMPS! Yeehaw!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    While all of that info is a great read I have to disagree with Cutler being deemed as "overrated". He was in the top 10 last year with a terrible Defense, a rookie WR and about 8 different runnning backs. On top of that, it was his first, full, healthy season (diabetes).
    Cutler was in a pass happy offense that put up some yards and points. But check out the passer ratings below. He was middle of the pack last year. And his career QB rating is middle of the pack. I just feel he is overrated based on all of the attention he has been given. He has a career record of 17-20. I'm not saying he isn't talented or that he can't be a great QB, I'm just saying he's been hyped up to be the savior of his franchise. No so fast IMO.

    NFL Football Statistics and League Leaders - National Football League - ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Also, as food for thought, should the Bears have an "average" season at best, I would look for Cutler and Shanny to reunite there in Chicago.
    Funny, I almost wrote an article talking about how the coach who made a trade for him would be shown the door next year. I agree Shanahan will be coaching the Bears in 2010. I really don't think it matter what the record is. Do we really think the Bears would rather have Lovie Smith coaching their team instead of MIke Shanahan?


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    springfield mo
    Posts
    1,102
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I've never been that impressed with Cutler. He puts up big numbers, but from what I've seen he never been that good at crunch time. Seems like he forces alot of passes which leads to picks. And that collapse at the end of last season was weak. JMO

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    414
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Exactly Vandelay...

    He cant win in the 4th quarter, makes stupid mistakes, and hence is overrated. Everyone thinks hes the next Manning, Brady, etc. He just doesnt have the intagbles to be a legit top 3 or even top 5 QB (just look at the mess he got himself into.no top 5 QB acts that way..)

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Cutler was in a pass happy offense that put up some yards and points. But check out the passer ratings below. He was middle of the pack last year. And his career QB rating is middle of the pack. I just feel he is overrated based on all of the attention he has been given. He has a career record of 17-20. I'm not saying he isn't talented or that he can't be a great QB, I'm just saying he's been hyped up to be the savior of his franchise.
    I completely agree with this statement. Cutler has been getting over hyped since the nfl combine basically because of his cannon of an arm. The Broncos offensive system fit him perfectly, they had a decent line to defend him, and tons of offensive plays catered to him. Now that hes in Chicago, he doesn't have any of that......yet. So when hes looking up at the sky after being sacked countless times he might just think to himself that he should have kept his mouth shut and tried to work things out In Denver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yet another Cutler article.
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
  2. ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Chiefs Mock Draft
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 01:00 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 11:07 AM
  5. ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Chiefs Roster before Free Agency
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 04:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •