Thread: Could it happen?

Default Could it happen?

The trade of Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos to the Chicago Bears will undoubtedly shake up the first round of the 2009 draft in a major way. With the Broncos now holding the No. 12 and 18 selections in the opening frame; look for Denver to make a move up in the draft for one of the two premier quarterbacks, Georgia’s Matthew Stafford or USC’s Mark Sanchez.
    In saying that the Broncos could make a move, I foresee a trade that will alter the face of the first round. I predict that the Broncos will trade their two first round picks (No. 12 and 18) to their division rival the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the third pick overall. This would be another bold move for the Broncos this offseason,

I heard they might trade their 18th pick for something...
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

If it did happen, I think this would be yet another excellent trade for the Chiefs. I would say that it is definitely a possibility, but there is definitely resistance to trading with divisional rivalries.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    The trade of Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos to the Chicago Bears will undoubtedly shake up the first round of the 2009 draft in a major way. With the Broncos now holding the No. 12 and 18 selections in the opening frame; look for Denver to make a move up in the draft for one of the two premier quarterbacks, Georgia’s Matthew Stafford or USC’s Mark Sanchez.
    In saying that the Broncos could make a move, I foresee a trade that will alter the face of the first round. I predict that the Broncos will trade their two first round picks (No. 12 and 18) to their division rival the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the third pick overall. This would be another bold move for the Broncos this offseason,
    The Broncos aren't doing that. They are not going to trade two first round picks to their in-division rival for the chance to draft Sanchez or Stafford.

They are not going to trade two picks to the Chiefs because the Chiefs beat them out for Cassel and caused the chain reaction that made them lose their 4,000 yard Pro Bowl QB.

They aren't going to do it because they like Orton to be their starting QB.

They aren't going to do it because they have massive holes on their defense that need to be filled.

They are not going to do that because they could probably trade the 12th pick and their 2nd rounder to Seattle if they did want to trade up to get either guy.

They are not going to do that because they'd get crucified by their fans, by the press, and by every other sentient being.

It could not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The Broncos aren't doing that. They are not going to trade two first round picks to their in-division rival for the chance to draft Sanchez or Stafford.

They are not going to trade two picks to the Chiefs because the Chiefs beat them out for Cassel and caused the chain reaction that made them lose their 4,000 yard Pro Bowl QB.

They aren't going to do it because they like Orton to be their starting QB.

They aren't going to do it because they have massive holes on their defense that need to be filled.

They are not going to do that because they could probably trade the 12th pick and their 2nd rounder to Seattle if they did want to trade up to get either guy.

They are not going to do that because they'd get crucified by their fans, by the press, and by every other sentient being.

It could not happen.
    You are talking about the donks, who just traded there pro bowl QB away. We may have the next Al davis in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You are talking about the donks, who just traded there pro bowl QB away. We may have the next Al davis in the west.
    Even Al Davis wouldn't make that trade to a division rival.

This Cutler trade will go down as one of the dumbest in league history. Denver just killed their franchise for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Even Al Davis wouldn't make that trade to a division rival.

This Cutler trade will go down as one of the dumbest in league history. Denver just killed their franchise for the next decade.

WE CAN ONLY HOPE !!!!

I would be absolutely shocked to see the Donkeys and Chiefs agree to anything involving a trade.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Time to get the popcorn and enjoy the next 18 days 15 hours and 23 seconds.