Thread: KC Star : Poll | Should the Chiefs keep Larry Johnson?

Default KC Star : Poll | Should the Chiefs keep Larry Johnson?

Is it too late for the running back to make amends and stay with the Chiefs? Vote in our poll.

More...

I really have mixed emotions on this subject!!
    On one hand I have never liked LJs attitude from the day we drafted him. And there is no excuse for his off the field behavoir.
    On the other hand, I know what his productivity means to the team when he's happy.
    Unless we address our problems on the OL will he ever be happy?
    And we still need two starting, every down LBers, one in the middle to stop the run and a ROLB to rush the passer. We need at least one DE, probally two. If we are going to a 34 defense, our DE are to small to play heads up on the OTs.
    If we don't address the defensive problems, we'll be throwing the ball all the time and won't need LJ, because he won't block and really isn't a good reciever.
    I know I'm rambling on but this is really a complicated decision.

i voted yes, we should keep him. one of the 30% out of 5000.

I used to say ditch him, but I think he might actually get himself together and be a decent player again, so I voted to keep him. I am so torn on this issue, because on a personal level i do not like him at all.

I voted No. 70% is alot :o

Anyways, I just don't see with Haley and Pioli at the helm, there being much of a running game. Remember this is a rebuilding year, a true rebuilding year. If we cannot get ahold of a decent RB this year, next year we can.

LJ WILL NOT fit in with the play book. There is going to be alot of screens and shorts passes. LJ can't catch or pass block, so I see no need to keep him.

I can see someone trading a 5th round pick for him, depending on that team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

And we would be smoking crack to give larry away for a 5th pick. He ran for 4.5 yards a carry last year and almost hit a 1000 yards missing like 4 games. Tell me who we pick up that will give us those numbers. If he shuts his mouth and plays the game , I say we let him. Then maybe everyone who hates the guy can do the same. Think with your Heads and not your hearts.
    Last edited by YZILLA; 04-09-2009 at 02:13 AM.