Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Tight Ends

Default Top 10 Tight Ends

Airs tonight 7/8C on the NFL network.

TG will be NUMBER 1!

<a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by d-bowe fan View Post
    And just because you love him doesn't mean he's the best
    I don't know how old you are but all time doesn't mean your lifetime you have to go further back.I thought TG should have been further up on the show but,the top 3 on the show can't recall there names.were amazing people.it's not all about what you put in books,it's about how you run,catch the ball,it about hot aggresive you are.TG is thought to be #1 so much because that's the greatest one you've watched
    I will say TG would win best receiving TE hands down,but he may not be the best overall
    You just contradicted yourself. Catching, running, and mentality have gotten Tony to where he is. He holds every receiving record for a TE because he does his job so well. The TE position is probably one of the most changing and most versatile positions on a team. It has evolved over the years and it still varies from team to team, so I can understand somebody putting other players ahead of TG, but I can also understand somebody thinking TG is the best TE to play the game.

I'm not sure how long you've watched the Chiefs (or more likely some other team) but I've stopped taking you seriously after stupid comments on including the ones on TG and Tait, but TG is the best TE to play the game in my eyes. I'm surrounded by legions of Packer fans that admit that Sharpe wasn't on the same level as tony. You don't go to 9 straight probowls under a half dozen quarterbacks and multiple different coaching schemes unless you're somebody special. TG has been one of the few constants of a fairly volatile organization over the last decades. You can't say the same about Sharpe, Mackey and Ditka.

Tony is the the best TE of all time. I know it. You know it. The dope who made the list knows it. Nobody would give his list a second look if it made sense, so he made it controversial.

Sorry to disappiont you, but, HE IS the best!

It would be nice to give Tony a ring before he retires. Rings do matter. Records are cool and impressive and such, BUT the ultamite goal in the NFL is getting a superbowl ring. If you ask Tony im sure he would trade away all his records for one. Ask Dan Marino...

I don't know how old you are but all time doesn't mean your lifetime you have to go further back.I thought TG should have been further up on the show but,the top 3 on the show can't recall there names.were amazing people.it's not all about what you put in books,it's about how you run,catch the ball,it about hot aggresive you are.TG is thought to be #1 so much because that's the greatest one you've watched
    I will say TG would win best receiving TE hands down,but he may not be the best overall
    Seems that #1 is so good you can't remember his name. (It was Kellen Winslow sr fyi)

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    It would be nice to give Tony a ring before he retires. Rings do matter. Records are cool and impressive and such, BUT the ultamite goal in the NFL is getting a superbowl ring. If you ask Tony im sure he would trade away all his records for one. Ask Dan Marino...
    Yeah, but how can you use # of rings to judge one player on a team of 11? (offense) By that logic you would have to say that Barry Sanders was not one of the best because he did not win any rings.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I do agree with you to a point. Barry is alot like Tony. Both have broken records, and both did it with teams that were terrible. That alone should count for somthing.
    My point was more like compairing Joe Montana to Dan Marino. Joe had the rings and Dan had the records. Tony G and Shannon Sharpe will be compaired alot like that. Shannon has the rings Gonzalez has the records. My point was that rings do bare alot of weight when you compair guys in lifetime achivements.

I do agree with you to a point. Barry is alot like Tony. Both have broken records, and both did it with teams that were terrible. That alone should count for somthing.
    My point was more like compairing Joe Montana to Dan Marino. Joe had the rings and Dan had the records. Tony G and Shannon Sharpe will be compaired alot like that. Shannon has the rings Gonzalez has the records. My point was that rings do bare alot of weight when you compair guys in lifetime achivements.
    I don't see how you can use rings in any point. Rings is a team effort, not an individual one.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

If had the time, I could give you a 5 page paper convincing anyone but your self that TG is the best to ever play the game - the few stubborn and stuck up people out like you.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I don't see how you can use rings in any point. Rings is a team effort, not an individual one.
    Getting a superbowl ring is more important than records. This IS a team sport.

To some extent yes, but when you are counting the top 10 TEs to ever play the game and Tony Gonzalez is not even in the discussion at the top 3 it is a little ridiculous. Most Receptions, most TDs most yards etc and you put Dave Fin Casper ahead of him then they obviously dont know what thy are talking about. Rings or no rings.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast